Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami Herald: Dolphins have their eyes on Zack Martin

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    In the news, Miami really like Taylor Lewan and Zack Martin. In other news, water is wet.
    That is sooooo true and funny!
    1972 Miami Dolphins - "Perfection"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    It's not all about speed and quickness in pass pro. If you can't anchor or have to overcompensate to anchor, you're in trouble. 308 isn't impossible, but it's not ideal. Fluker did a very good job at RT, and people questioned his quickness. Meanwhile, the much more athletic Eric Fisher had very real struggles. Fisher weighed in at 306, and Fluker weighed in at 339. Joeckel also struggled (306). Even Lane Johnson (303) struggled early, but he's a guy with elite athleticism. Almost all of the top RT's in the NFL are 320+.
    They won't take him as a RT. At least not long term. Depending on what they do they could play him there for a year. But long term they have to be thinking guard. Like you mentioned.. 308 and short arms.. he's gonna struggle to anchor. Even tho he does a great job keeping his hands inside, and his hands are very strong.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    They won't take him as a RT. At least not long term. Depending on what they do they could play him there for a year. But long term they have to be thinking guard. Like you mentioned.. 308 and short arms.. he's gonna struggle to anchor. Even tho he does a great job keeping his hands inside, and his hands are very strong.
    If Miami likes him as an All Pro LG like you do, I can understand it at 19. I'm not there on him, and I won't be before the draft. That said, it makes a lot more sense to me than hoping he can play RT. He is very slick moving to the 2nd level.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was going to preface the article with a comment about how obvious the title was, knowing that at least one poster would have to comment on it, couldn't resist themselves. Sure enough...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Short term right tackle unless they find something that surprises them in the draft to handle it more suited as a right tackle only long term left guard...but provides the position versatility that this unit desperately needs...

I'm not worried about his strength at tackle he turns people with leverage and strength in the run game as much as any tackle not named Greg Robinson yeah he's a little light but his technique is so good and he has plus Feet where I think he can make up for being a little light...plus I think he can play at 315 over the long term...

Clean as a whistle off the field 52 collegiate starts locker room leader and high character...exactly what Miami is looking for durability high character leadership

What team can't use a Logan mankins like player with more core and functional strength coming out
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    I don't buy this at all. He's 6-4.5, 308 lbs and his arms are all of one inch shorter than the 6-7 Taylor Lewan. Martin anchors very well, well enough to be a top OG candidate, and has some very good feet, quickness and reflexes. His value imo is more as a RT who can play LT if Albert goes down, and then as a guy who can play as an excellent OG depending on how the draft goes.
    Last edited by jim1; 04-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    If Miami likes him as an All Pro LG like you do, I can understand it at 19. I'm not there on him, and I won't be before the draft. That said, it makes a lot more sense to me than hoping he can play RT. He is very slick moving to the 2nd level.
    What's your grade on him? What don't you like with a projection at guard, besides lack of snaps there?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami likes everybody apparently tell the press
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The dolphins have their eyes on Martin? So do another 8 teams that are drafting ahead of us. He'll be gone imo.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Martin will be okay at RT and outstanding at OG.
    Quote Quote