Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hickey gets it!!!

1. -11
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I really wish people would quit bitching about contracts..The cap is gonna greatly increase in years to come.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree...thats why my mock has us picking the explosive touchdown maker Brandin Cooks.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm reserving judgement on both Hickey and Wallace. Let's give RT some time and then see how good Wallace is then. I have always said our WR corps in very average, and we need a big WR/TE to go over the middle and in the red zone. If Hickey gets it he will draft both. Oh yeah, and while he's at it we need a RB that can get 1 yard and break tackles.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They said Hartline is their number one and once he was injured nobody on that roster scared them, hence the loss.

FISI: the jets were not dissing wallace, they new they were dissing tanny.

they saw all season that he could not hit wallace down field with ANY consistency. the balls were almost always GROSSLY short and all they had to do was double cover him all over the field and if the ball was thrown to him, all the db's had to do was wait for the ball to fall out of the sky and pic it off or swat it down.

but, i am a big hickey fan. now we shall see how he does when he makes the decision on who to draft and not just suggest.

and they did just that.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Hickey gets it he will draft both.

what if both of those players are gone when he pics?

what if some others he wanted are gone and the position everyone cried for dikdnt get filled how they wanted [if at all].

see, this is what people do not understand. a draft will end and everyone is cranky because they thought this guy or that wasnt drafted and ANY idiot would see miami needed that player or players.

THE GM MUST GO!!!!

maybe they did and then those players were gone. and then some others [that we didnt know were on thier board] were gone when they drafted again later.

just because we didnt get a player doesnt always mean the GM didnt want them or dropped the ball.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fisi View Post
    -No Yard-After-Catch or RAC among playmakers in 2013. Dolphins were ranked 23rd in the league in RAC as a team. In 2013, Hartline was 58th in the NFL in RAC yards and Wallace was 70th. Charles Clay was 41st with 382 RAC yards. This was huge especially if youíre going to be running a WCO which is mostly predicated on YAC.
    This goes with what I've been saying, which is we haven't seen Joe Philbin's offense, yet. He's failed to build his vision. So no doubt adding some WR's and TE's are part of the plan. We got rid of Bess because he was a catch-and-fall-down type guy. With Hartline and Bess, we were too easily contained. So we stretched the field out with Wallace, and replaced Bess with Gibson, who is better. Gibson and Keller both got hurt and that immediately limited the offense. There's no doubt we need better options, and with a combination of drafting, FA and bringing back injured players, I hope we can pull it off. This is the year we need to see the offense be effective.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan1014
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    definitely need to put up more than one 30 burger.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace are you listening? You need to step up your game, jump for the ball, fight for the ball. Your replacements are being looked at right in front of you. Show Hickey and us why you get so much money.
    Btw, if Ryan hit him deep like he's supposed to, maybe this conversation doesn't happen. Maybe it's all contracts. Whatever the reason, bring in more TD's, more points, more victorys!

"I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    Is he "like a boss"?
    Hickey gets it!....Like a Boss

On a serious note: I think I'm somewhat in-line with what OP's saying on Hickey, I like that he's placing some emphasis on the WR corps. One could look at our group of WR's without aqua-colored glasses on and easily say, Hmm, overpaid, recovering from injury, and all transitioning to a new OC and playbook. Hickey's wise to not sit on his laurels with such an important position for our offense.

Hopefully he doesn't pull an Ireland and blow up a unit just for the sake of getting "cheaper" like the ILB's last year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sorry you can't say Hickey gets it based on signing a load of scrubs. Yards after the catch is my biggest concern with the receivers we currently have, from memory our red zone efficiency was very good, or did it regress during the season?
    Don't see us going receiver in the 1st round unless a load of players that suit our needs are gone, but a receiver in the 2nd round or later is a probability.
    Quote Quote