Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Koa Misi doesn't want move to ILB

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Funny how everyone keeps saying he played his best last year like that makes up for how bad he's been since he has been a dolphin. Don 't get me wrong he is a solid LB vs the run. But he is terrible at pass rushing, coverage and pass recognition. He is so bad that even with our lack of talent last year at the LB position, he was still a two down LB at best. Last year we over paid THREE LBs not just two. How he gets so many supporters with so little production is beyond me. We have seen his ceiling and it isn't impressive. We need THREE upgrades at LB not just two. To be perfectly honest I see a lot more upside with the other two starters from last year than Koa, with the right coaching they have the talent to be serviceable, he doesn't. He has 2nd string talent, and 2nd string production. He hasn't made a game changing play since he put on a dolphins uniform. Just another in a long line of Jeff Ireland 2nd rd bust.
    The truth.

How long will people toil under the misconception that if all these Ireland picks are just given more time they'll eventually develop into playmakers?

Essentially Ireland's whole regime is characterized by this kind of player: Epic mediocrity, supported by 50 percent of the fans who are not football conscious nor have a clue about how mediocrity (or worse) kills teams.

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    The truth.

How long will people toil under the misconception that if all these Ireland picks are just given more time they'll eventually develop into playmakers?

Essentially Ireland's whole regime is characterized by this kind of player: Epic mediocrity, supported by 50 percent of the fans who are not football conscious nor have a clue about how mediocrity (or worse) kills teams.

LD

It has been so long since we have drafted players that make an impact, for them to get on the field and play without crapping themselves was what we are used to under Ireland.
    During Johnson and Shula, they would find a couple players each year and usually one would be a first vote pro bowl player.
    Most of us recognized that Ireland was terrible because we have been around long enough to remember the team drafting the right players that produced, instead of players that fit a matrix for a prototype of Ireland's ideal player. Great players play great in college and then project to the pro's the majority of the time. This drafting process is almost over complicated with metrics and technology that blinds people from the obvious.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Misi plays solid at OLB. The problem is Wheeler. Why move Misi out of position because of a bad FA signing?
    Drafting Mosely or Borland solves the problem and puts Wheeler on the bench where he belongs.
    FWIW, we moved Wheeler last year to the other side, and would be moving him back to where he played well in 2012.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Koa Misi is not the problem. Leave him where he is best suited. We just need to get a mike LB who can effectively tackle in the Draft.
    The irony in all of this is that Koa Misi was one of Ireland's better 2nd round draft picks - at least he's a starter and still on the team. The others included: Philip Merling, Pat White, Daniel Thomas, Chad Henne, Jonathan Martin, Jamar Taylor. Lots of failed experiments on that list.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most strong side backers are 2 down players unless they have pass rush ability. Misi is a good 2 down backer and we don't need him to rush the passer. What we do need is to get Wheeler off the field as quickly as possible. Ellerbe at WLB, Mosely at the Mike, and Misi at the Sam would be a pretty good LB corps. With Misi coming off on third downs. I'd be pretty happy with that defense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i read most of this thread, admittingly not all of it but wheeler to the strong side what the **** whos idea was that. stupidest thing i have ever heard.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    The truth.

LD
    I think that we might have some good players drafted last year who saw little time for a variety of reasons. Jordan, Taylor, Thomas, Davis and Jenkins could all see a lot more playing time. Don't write them off, some will come good.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I think that we might have some good players drafted last year who saw little time for a variety of reasons. Jordan, Taylor, Thomas, Davis and Jenkins could all see a lot more playing time. Don't write them off, some will come good.
    Dang, you've got more faith than I do, Spike!

I hope you're right though.

When you trade up into the three spot for a player that is -- for all intents and purposes -- a three year developmental player, and couple that with a draft full of players who could not see the field, and in the snaps they did looked like crap, it's not a good sign. Hope you are right.

LD
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever the opposite is of an impact player....there you will find Koa Misi. He is irrelevant.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I sure wish I could be as opptomistic as the majority of you guys that the next GM is automaticaly going to be better than Ireland. Sure I agree rounds 2-3 were not that great for him but he still put more players on this team than any GM in tha past 20 years. We have had a ton of 1st round busts along with entire drafts over that period. Hickey coming from Tampa Bay did not impress me. I interperation after most everyone else turned us down for a coveted GM position is that Ross and Aponte were just looking for a Yes man and go one in Hickey.
    Quote Quote