Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Joel Bitonio

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OT Joel Bitonio

I thought that I would pull up some film. He reminds me of Zack Martin- strong at the LOS, tenacious, quick. Interesting prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_pYsr5JcFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrdhUUi8QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucyMou27I0

Dude can move for a big man.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has got some things to work on, but he is a very intriguing player. Like you say, he is tenacious. I would definitely look at him in the 2nd.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of my favorite players in the draft. I liked him early in the season when I saw him play against FSU, and kept an eye on him. Unfortunately he caught a lot of people's eye and risen from a 3-4 round guy to a 1-2 round guy. He can play all 5 spots on the line and IMO is a plug and play RT.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't sure if he was a first rnd pick until I saw him at the combine. He really moves well. Not just that but hes actually pretty fast for a big guy, and in a zone, if you decide to roll him, or want to et him up field, he does that in hurry.

IMO he is a 1st rnd pick. If this was last years draft he would be a 1st rnd lock. This draft is deeper though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    I wasn't sure if he was a first rnd pick until I saw him at the combine. He really moves well. Not just that but hes actually pretty fast for a big guy, and in a zone, if you decide to roll him, or want to et him up field, he does that in hurry.

IMO he is a 1st rnd pick. If this was last years draft he would be a 1st rnd lock. This draft is deeper though.
    If we could slide down from #19 and pick up Koundjio late in the 1st, Bitonio and Kyle Van Noy in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd I'd be all for that.

Martavis Bryant, Donte Moncrief, Jordan MAtthews, maybe Cody Latimer. Then in the 4th CJ Fiedorowicz or Trai Turner, if he lasts that long. Turner getting all the recent attention is troubling, I was hoping that he would stay under the radar.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A kid like Bitonio is one of the reasons I'd prefer to trade back in the first if the top 4 OT's are gone. We could use either a front line Guard or a RT in the draft. There are question marks on all the tackles rated 5-8, and it doesn't seem one stands out over the others. We could also take one of the top 2 pure guards late in the first and not be blowing it value wise. I'd rather get the extra pick, if possible, rather than reach for a guy at 19. If we are staying at 19 and Lewan and Martin are gone, I'd prefer to go with another position, but that could leave us scrambling in the 2nd if oline flies off the board faster than anticipated.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    If we are staying at 19 and Lewan and Martin are gone, I'd prefer to go with another position, but that could leave us scrambling in the 2nd if oline flies off the board faster than anticipated.
    I'm officially panicking, and your scenario is what I'm afraid of. O linemen will go ahead of us, and behind us. Bitonio is getting a lot of attention.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    I'm officially panicking, and your scenario is what I'm afraid of. O linemen will go ahead of us, and behind us. Bitonio is getting a lot of attention.
    That's why IMHO trading back puts us in the sweet spot for what we need along the o-line unless one of the top 4 tackles fall. There should be almost as many attractive o-line options in the late 20s as at 19. Of course we could be in love with one of the lesser Ts and grab them at 19. Maybe we think Kouandjo's knee is fine and we are getting a gift at 19 that can road grade. Who am I to say without knowing the real medical report on him? Or maybe we will take a safe pick like Su'a-filo there.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we could somehow trade down and pick up Xavier Su'a Filo in the 1st and then Botonio in the 2nd, i would be ecstatic. Botonio stood out to me at the combine and i would love for us to pick him up to solidify the line.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    That's why IMHO trading back puts us in the sweet spot for what we need along the o-line unless one of the top 4 tackles fall. There should be almost as many attractive o-line options in the late 20s as at 19. Of course we could be in love with one of the lesser Ts and grab them at 19. Maybe we think Kouandjo's knee is fine and we are getting a gift at 19 that can road grade. Who am I to say without knowing the real medical report on him? Or maybe we will take a safe pick like Su'a-filo there.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ouandjios-knee
    Quote Quote