Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: OT Joel Bitonio

  1. -1
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,033
    vCash:
    9704

    OT Joel Bitonio

    I thought that I would pull up some film. He reminds me of Zack Martin- strong at the LOS, tenacious, quick. Interesting prospect.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_pYsr5JcFQ

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrdhUUi8QE

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucyMou27I0

    Dude can move for a big man.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    DKphin's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,296
    vCash:
    27842
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    He has got some things to work on, but he is a very intriguing player. Like you say, he is tenacious. I would definitely look at him in the 2nd.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    ONole1's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    1,952
    vCash:
    4423
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    One of my favorite players in the draft. I liked him early in the season when I saw him play against FSU, and kept an eye on him. Unfortunately he caught a lot of people's eye and risen from a 3-4 round guy to a 1-2 round guy. He can play all 5 spots on the line and IMO is a plug and play RT.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    4,225
    vCash:
    30663
    Loc:
    New York City
    I wasn't sure if he was a first rnd pick until I saw him at the combine. He really moves well. Not just that but hes actually pretty fast for a big guy, and in a zone, if you decide to roll him, or want to et him up field, he does that in hurry.

    IMO he is a 1st rnd pick. If this was last years draft he would be a 1st rnd lock. This draft is deeper though.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,033
    vCash:
    9704
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    I wasn't sure if he was a first rnd pick until I saw him at the combine. He really moves well. Not just that but hes actually pretty fast for a big guy, and in a zone, if you decide to roll him, or want to et him up field, he does that in hurry.

    IMO he is a 1st rnd pick. If this was last years draft he would be a 1st rnd lock. This draft is deeper though.
    If we could slide down from #19 and pick up Koundjio late in the 1st, Bitonio and Kyle Van Noy in the 2nd and a WR in the 3rd I'd be all for that.

    Martavis Bryant, Donte Moncrief, Jordan MAtthews, maybe Cody Latimer. Then in the 4th CJ Fiedorowicz or Trai Turner, if he lasts that long. Turner getting all the recent attention is troubling, I was hoping that he would stay under the radar.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    2,325
    vCash:
    41561
    Loc:
    Hobe Sound
    A kid like Bitonio is one of the reasons I'd prefer to trade back in the first if the top 4 OT's are gone. We could use either a front line Guard or a RT in the draft. There are question marks on all the tackles rated 5-8, and it doesn't seem one stands out over the others. We could also take one of the top 2 pure guards late in the first and not be blowing it value wise. I'd rather get the extra pick, if possible, rather than reach for a guy at 19. If we are staying at 19 and Lewan and Martin are gone, I'd prefer to go with another position, but that could leave us scrambling in the 2nd if oline flies off the board faster than anticipated.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,545
    vCash:
    9775
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    If we are staying at 19 and Lewan and Martin are gone, I'd prefer to go with another position, but that could leave us scrambling in the 2nd if oline flies off the board faster than anticipated.
    I'm officially panicking, and your scenario is what I'm afraid of. O linemen will go ahead of us, and behind us. Bitonio is getting a lot of attention.


    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    2,325
    vCash:
    41561
    Loc:
    Hobe Sound
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    I'm officially panicking, and your scenario is what I'm afraid of. O linemen will go ahead of us, and behind us. Bitonio is getting a lot of attention.
    That's why IMHO trading back puts us in the sweet spot for what we need along the o-line unless one of the top 4 tackles fall. There should be almost as many attractive o-line options in the late 20s as at 19. Of course we could be in love with one of the lesser Ts and grab them at 19. Maybe we think Kouandjo's knee is fine and we are getting a gift at 19 that can road grade. Who am I to say without knowing the real medical report on him? Or maybe we will take a safe pick like Su'a-filo there.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    chuckdiesel's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    121
    vCash:
    2929
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    If we could somehow trade down and pick up Xavier Su'a Filo in the 1st and then Botonio in the 2nd, i would be ecstatic. Botonio stood out to me at the combine and i would love for us to pick him up to solidify the line.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,033
    vCash:
    9704
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    That's why IMHO trading back puts us in the sweet spot for what we need along the o-line unless one of the top 4 tackles fall. There should be almost as many attractive o-line options in the late 20s as at 19. Of course we could be in love with one of the lesser Ts and grab them at 19. Maybe we think Kouandjo's knee is fine and we are getting a gift at 19 that can road grade. Who am I to say without knowing the real medical report on him? Or maybe we will take a safe pick like Su'a-filo there.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ouandjios-knee
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. XSF and Bitonio gone in 1st 4 picks of 2nd = Hickey right
    By LDaniel7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 11:31 PM
  2. Armando:Dolphins Love LOVE Joel Bitonio
    By ChambersWI in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 08:05 PM
  3. Joel Broughton's
    By MarinePhinFan in forum Bigbry's Locker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
  4. Joel Collier
    By Ronski_doodle in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •