Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape...

1. -41
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With the 19th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select, Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State.....this is what convinced me fellas:

"Shazier's father, Vernon, has been the Miami Dolphins team chaplain the past five years, a fact not lost on one reporter who asked if Shazier's father had been a busy man in the wake of the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal."
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    ?? See I can see you saying that about someone like Dion Jordan, but you DO realize that Shazier put up better production number than Mosley, right? More tackles, more forced fumbles, more sacks, and he did so from the WLB spot rather than the MLB who is normally your leading tackler. To say Shazier is just an athlete rather than a player is not realistic. Watch entire games rather than just the highlights, even on plays where he doesn't get the tackle he is almost always the reason why someone else did. He is a team guy who understands team defense and leverage, and will grasp the NFL game sooner rather than later.
    Tackles don't really mean anything. ESPECIALLY in the college game. The paces of play differ between conferences. Offense style has something do with it. More useful statistics would be averages. Plus Bama plays a 3-4 rather than a 4-3. He is also the best athlete on the field. He'll still be a great athlete in the pros, but he won't be the best.

Give me instincts at the LB position anyday. I want another Zach Thomas back there.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Re: Vernon Shazier. That's cool. I didn't know that. Is he some kind of protestant reverend? I know the Catholic chaplain is Fr. Alvarez. That's certainly something to think about for draft day. I wonder how much it will play into Hickey's process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    That's exactly what you are doing. This is a message board, not the New Yorker. It was pretty easy to read with or without caps and/or ellipses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a message board, not Twitter. I was just asking if he could change format. Hardly grammar police. Guess I'm just used to boards that hold members to a higher standard. Sorry for bringing the topic off track with all of this.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Re: Vernon Shazier. That's cool. I didn't know that. Is he some kind of protestant reverend? I know the Catholic chaplain is Fr. Alvarez. That's certainly something to think about for draft day. I wonder how much it will play into Hickey's process.

Here is Vernon Shazier's Bio.....very impressive. The kid comes from a good family.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vernon-j-shazier/13/899/994
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beanh8er View Post
    Tackles don't really mean anything. ESPECIALLY in the college game. The paces of play differ between conferences. Offense style has something do with it. More useful statistics would be averages. Plus Bama plays a 3-4 rather than a 4-3. He is also the best athlete on the field. He'll still be a great athlete in the pros, but he won't be the best.

Give me instincts at the LB position anyday. I want another Zach Thomas back there.
    Then you certainly don't want CJ. Mosley. He isn't anything near a Zack Thomas. Borland is closer to Zach than is Mosley. Mosley is more along the lines of a slow, smaller, less productive Rolando McClain.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Here is Vernon Shazier's Bio.....very impressive. The kid comes from a good family.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vernon-j-shazier/13/899/994
    Wow, that's really cool. Sounds like he is a real community leader. I would be super pumped if we ended up drafting his son.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beanh8er View Post
    Tackles don't really mean anything. ESPECIALLY in the college game. T More useful statistics would be averages.

Average what? Trips to the trainer?? Yep ya got me there. Mosley wins that one hands down.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Then you certainly don't want CJ. Mosley. He isn't anything near a Zack Thomas. Borland is closer to Zach than is Mosley. Mosley is more along the lines of a slow, smaller, less productive Rolando McClain.
    The only thing that Borland and Thomas have in common is they are under size and white...

Mosley doesn't have to be Thomas....very few will ever be that good, but he does have the intangible for the position....if it were not for his injury concerns he would probably go top 15.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    The only thing that Borland and Thomas have in common is they are under size and white...

Mosley doesn't have to be Thomas....very few will ever be that good, but he does have the intangible for the position....if it were not for his injury concerns he would probably go top 15.
    Personally I hope he does go top 15. As long as we don't trade up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape...

Average what? Trips to the trainer?? Yep ya got me there. Mosley wins that one hands down.
    Man you suck at discussing football players without making really bitchy posts. It's so cute when you offer nothing to the discussion. Alabama had averaged 2 minutes more with the ball per game. That might effect bulk stats. Also you don't address schematic differences. Mosley dealt with lead blockers a lot more than Shazier ever did.
    Quote Quote