Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Maidana vs. Mayweather: The Craziness Begins.....

  1. -11
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,240
    vCash:
    6988
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Boxing maybe gets a little more attention in Europe now because there are a few champions in that region now. Overall, I still think the better quality fighters are from the Americas.

    Interesting statistics you posted. Call me crazy but I watch very little UFC. Just doesn't hold my attention as much as boxing does. Not interested in paying for either though. The thing that hurts boxing to me is the alphabet soup. WAY too many governing bodies. WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF, etc..... And, it seems that each of the big promoters has significant influence with at least one of those. The you get to the issue of the promoters feuding with one another and not allowing their fighters to go against fighters from other camps. HBO & Showtime are to blame also. It's a huge mess...
    It depends on what you like. I prefer the MMA fights to boxing matches.

    The UFC has all it's fighters under one promotion, so there's none of this nonsense that goes on in boxing. You fight who Dana tells you and when Dana tells you.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,168
    vCash:
    2825
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    It depends on what you like. I prefer the MMA fights to boxing matches.

    The UFC has all it's fighters under one promotion, so there's none of this nonsense that goes on in boxing. You fight who Dana tells you and when Dana tells you.
    Not exactly but it does set up the opportunity of the best fighters meeting one another more frequently than boxing does. Lot of politics in the UFC as well. Dana plays favorites to some degree. If he doesn't like you, you don't get the best fights.
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,240
    vCash:
    6988
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Not exactly but it does set up the opportunity of the best fighters meeting one another more frequently than boxing does. Lot of politics in the UFC as well. Dana plays favorites to some degree. If he doesn't like you, you don't get the best fights.
    Well, Joe Silva is the official UFC matchmaker, but by and large the UFC puts on the fights the fans want to see, when the fans want to see them; certainly much more than boxing. Do you have any examples of favoritism? I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know that Dana doesn't like Roy Nelson or Tito Ortiz, and both of them got great opportunities.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,168
    vCash:
    2825
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Well, Joe Silva is the official UFC matchmaker, but by and large the UFC puts on the fights the fans want to see, when the fans want to see them; certainly much more than boxing. Do you have any examples of favoritism? I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know that Dana doesn't like Roy Nelson or Tito Ortiz, and both of them got great opportunities.
    Roy is one of the people I would mention but he has had a few opportunities. Joe Silva may be the matchmaker but Dana calls the shots. I admit that you get to see who you want to see matched against each other more frequently in the UFC. It still doesn't do much for me. I like boxing more even if it's the mess of alphabet soup that it is. Again, that's just me and I certainly mean no disrespect to you regarding your choice of favorite between the two. Different strokes!

    Main event participants are in the ring. Barring some freak occurrence, Mayweather will win easily. I hope that doesn't mean that Khan is his next opponent.....
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,566
    vCash:
    18432
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Roy is one of the people I would mention but he has had a few opportunities. Joe Silva may be the matchmaker but Dana calls the shots. I admit that you get to see who you want to see matched against each other more frequently in the UFC. It still doesn't do much for me. I like boxing more even if it's the mess of alphabet soup that it is. Again, that's just me and I certainly mean no disrespect to you regarding your choice of favorite between the two. Different strokes!

    Main event participants are in the ring. Barring some freak occurrence, Mayweather will win easily. I hope that doesn't mean that Khan is his next opponent.....
    It's funny, the bar I was in is over 2 blocks away and I could hear people cheering.





    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,168
    vCash:
    2825
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good fight thus far.....
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,240
    vCash:
    6988
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Good fight thus far.....
    Holy hell. I think Mayweather might be down 0-4 so far.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,168
    vCash:
    2825
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Holy hell. I think Mayweather might be down 0-4 so far.
    You might be right!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Close fight by my estimation so far. Money seems to have caught himself after losing the last few rounds.




    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,168
    vCash:
    2825
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Close fight by my estimation so far. Money seems to have caught himself after losing the last few rounds.
    I think Floyd is banking on Maidana getting tired. Dangerous strategy....
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. More Craziness come draft day?
    By Miamifinz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 11:04 PM
  2. Mayweather/UFC
    By bullseyeguy in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 04:57 AM
  3. De La Hoya over Mayweather
    By Fintastic1 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 02:39 AM
  4. Mayweather/Judah
    By Dubfire in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:48 PM
  5. Floyd Mayweather at QB
    By phinz_fan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •