Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How One Single Move Changes a NFL Team

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

How One Single Move Changes a NFL Team

I was looking at last year's Dolphins off season, and what one single move could have meant to our team, referring to the Albert trade which did not happen.

IF it would have, so many things change. Tannehill would not have been pressured as much, and the O wold very likely have been better. Bully Gate may or may not have happened, as Albert is known as a vet team leader.

We would not have been able to trade up for Jordan, as Oakland refused our 2nd second round pick.

We may have taken Eiffert, which would have likely meant that Clay would not have received the playing time to show his stuff.

We would not have signed Clabo, and Martin would have stayed at RT.

We would have had another early 2nd round pick.

We could have won one more game, maybe a playoff game, and Ireland would very well still be here.

If not, Hickey would have had much less cap space to deal with because of the Albert contract.

It is strage how one single move could have changed so much but, it would have.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hear that right before the trade died, a butterfly in Brazil flapped it's wings...
    Yeah, the whole dynamic of the team changes if that trade goes through.
    JETS FANS' TEARS TASTE LIKE CANDY

(...so taste the rainbow, b*tches)
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland easily would have still found a way to muff up the draft with more picks

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dahlmarino View Post
    I hear that right before the trade died, a butterfly in Brazil flapped it's wings...
    Yeah, the whole dynamic of the team changes if that trade goes through.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All well within the realm of possibility. Then again if we didn't sign Keller and let Reggie walk when he so obviously wanted to stay, we might have retained Fasano for more blocking and an actual red zone threat and have had a dynamic game changing potential backfield which both would have kept the Ds more honest regardless of whether or not the OL was a sieve. But even more important to me, if I had only got 5 more numbers on that huge Powerball jackpot right late last year, I'd now be sitting in a chic outdoor cafe on the Riviera across from my yacht, sipping champagne, next to an adoring Angelina Joli look-alike responding to you probably on the same tablet...but with a bigger smile on my face. That's just the way it goes sometimes - or doesn't eh?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After not firing Ireland after the 2012 season I didn't think it would be possible to get rid of him while keeping Philbin, they would be joined at the hip from then on for better or for worse, so it worked out perfectly for me. If we got really really lucky with Hickey this whole thing may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Even if Philbin and Tannehill turn out to be great Ireland and Sherman would have held us back, Sherman was another that had to go so at least Ireland did one good deed for us before he departed.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I would have eaten sushi instead of Mexican food ....
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the Bully gate was going on long before the start of last season, and I really doubt that Albert would have been able to become involved in something that apparently most of the players on the team knew nothing about until it broke.

But other than that, I can see where you are coming from. The "what if" game is a slippery slope, though. The one that I always go back to is what if we had taken Brees for nothing instead of giving up a 2nd rd pick for Duante. As I remember it well over half of this board wanted Brees but we ended up missing out on what would have changed the face of this franchise for over a decade. I also remember a lot of people around here wanting Anquan Boldin when we passed on him. To be perfectly honest I think we could take the top few posters from here on Finheaven and come up with better decision makers than we have had at GM over the past 10-15 years. Some times GMs try to hard to pick someone nobody has ever heard of to show off how smart they are. It rarely works out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Santa Paws is Coming to Town

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I was looking at last year's Dolphins off season, and what one single move could have meant to our team, referring to the Albert trade which did not happen.

IF it would have, so many things change. Tannehill would not have been pressured as much, and the O wold very likely have been better.
    We were one O-lineman away from being a good team? It sure didn't look that way.
    For your sake, I hope this week flies and Thursday gets here really fast.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Martin would have been a snake in some capacity
    Quote Quote