Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Running Backs Round 1 - 6

  1. -31
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    5,744
    vCash:
    17194
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Gillislee a write-off at this point?

    I'd like to think we're not in the market for a RB but Lazor might feel like he wants his own version of Shady McCoy here in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Is Gillislee a write-off at this point?

    I'd like to think we're not in the market for a RB but Lazor might feel like he wants his own version of Shady McCoy here in Miami.
    Looks like Gillislee is a JAG.

    My guess is the Dolphins will muddle through with mediocre backs the next couple years, and Philbin will still stick with Miller, envisioning springing him free in a zone blocking scheme that will eventually work.....but if I was GM, I would pick up a premium RB, regardless if it's this year or next, and rebuild with him.

    As far as Lazor goes, he's stuck with the players Hickey and Philbin will give him. I think he's going to have zero input with decision-making in this draft. Lazor's biggest impact will be what he can to do improve Ryan Tannehill, and if he can make Philbin's existing scheme work better.


    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I'm not sure I would consider that getting "run down". The linebacker was pretty perpendicular to Mason on that play, and was able to disengage because #50 who tried to block him threw an absolute patty cake block.

    To me, getting run down is being ahead of a defender and that defender being fast enough to chase you down from behind. I'm certainly not arguing that Mason is a speed merchant by any means, nor do I think that's part of his appeal, I just don't think that was the best example.
    Not a specific example of getting run down from behind, but I included this: "or tackled after he hit the hole."

    He's gone down after contact more than some scouts would like, I suppose. There were some big runs left on the field. So, you have to factor in that NFL defenses will be bigger and faster.

    By the way, I just saw Freeman on Omar's man crush list, and we all like Freeman I think...may be a chance we can pick him up today.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    NRA's Avatar
    TRUE AMERICAN

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,762
    vCash:
    6368
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    in the second round box: CARLOS HYDE. but jeremy hill is right there also. either one for me. off field concerns made me choose hyde. no issue, i would take hill.

    third round box: KA'DEEM CARY.

    fourth round box: DEVONTA FREEMAN.

    fifth round box: DE'ANTHONY THOMAS. [one of my fav players in the draft and the kind of shifty, all around, versitile playmakers we have been missing.]

    6th round box: TYLER GAFFNEY.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

    HOWARD: rip my brother.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    1,745
    vCash:
    4142
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I'm the GM, I'd hold off until next year. Really good class expected to come out.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    spiketex's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    3,944
    vCash:
    15073
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    Looks like Gillislee is a JAG.

    .
    Sorry - I'm foreign, I have never heard someone described as a jag. Please explain.
    My hunch is it means that he is average or underwhelming, but he has not been given much opportunity to show what he can do.
    The RBs available look a lot more exciting this year. Lots of value appears to be available.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    5,744
    vCash:
    17194
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyB View Post
    Looks like Gillislee is a JAG.

    My guess is the Dolphins will muddle through with mediocre backs the next couple years, and Philbin will still stick with Miller, envisioning springing him free in a zone blocking scheme that will eventually work.....but if I was GM, I would pick up a premium RB, regardless if it's this year or next, and rebuild with him.

    As far as Lazor goes, he's stuck with the players Hickey and Philbin will give him. I think he's going to have zero input with decision-making in this draft. Lazor's biggest impact will be what he can to do improve Ryan Tannehill, and if he can make Philbin's existing scheme work better.
    Yeah I don't think Lazor will have any real influence, more his constant gushing of McCoy will have an osmosis like effect.

    And like Spiketex, I have no idea what JAG means.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,177
    vCash:
    6495
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Sorry - I'm foreign, I have never heard someone described as a jag. Please explain.
    My hunch is it means that he is average or underwhelming, but he has not been given much opportunity to show what he can do.
    The RBs available look a lot more exciting this year. Lots of value appears to be available.
    JAG = Just Another Guy
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    nick1's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    11,403
    vCash:
    4294
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give me Mason i don't think he goes in the 2nd due to the wrist concerns might slide to the 3rd. Mason is also my man crush. McKinnon is right behind him. McKinnon is strong fast well built everything you want but he played option qb. So he goes lower then he otherwise would
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    HoneyB's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2013
    Posts:
    1,524
    vCash:
    8703
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Bump up. It's day two time.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Late Round Running Backs...
    By justdev7 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM
  2. First Round Running Backs in the Modern NFL
    By Minnphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
  3. Late First Round Running Backs
    By mls737 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
  4. 1st Round Running Backs
    By finsnchips in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:13 PM
  5. Running backs: A first-round frenzy
    By dolphan39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2002, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •