Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He could fall to miami and if he does, how about this guy?

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I strongly doubt that he falls to us, but I'd be tempted to take him if he did. I expect Detroit Lions to take him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    He will be long gone unless we trade up
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I strongly doubt that he falls to us, but I'd be tempted to take him if he did. I expect Detroit Lions to take him.
    Yes, but the lions have Pettigrew I think who is pretty good. The offense isn't what failed them last year, it was the poor secondary, undisciplined play and Matt Stafford's mistakes and inconsistency. Where the lions pick, probably one of the two top corners will fall to them or be available, justin gilbert could be there and don't forget about ha ha clinton dix, who I believe is a very talented Free safety too. I can imagine the lions picking them up, though you never know with the offense hungry the lions are and how they always seem to love getting offensive players even when their secondary is not good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ive never been a fan of TEs that cant block, and if he's going to be a diva, he better be a complete TE. I don't think Ebron fits the persona Joe Philbin is looking for anyway.

If we want a pass catcher that big and fast, it doesnt have to be at TE. There are some interesting WRs in this draft in the 2nd round and beyond, and we can save our top pick for someone who will start in 2014.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its funny that people are saying there is no way he gets to us and some of those same people are saying if he does we should pass for this reason or that. Its hard to predict who will fall because it only takes one team to love him but the reasons you all are saying we should pass are the same reasons he could easily make it to 19. Plus as OP says TEs typically seem to go lower than expected, Eifert dropped like a stone last year in a relatively weak class and imo Eifert was a better prospect than Ebron. I could easily see Ebron not just make it to 19 but make all way way to late 20s or maybe even out of the first entirely in this highly talented draft class.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Per some mocks I've seen in the past, whether he falls or not, he won't get past the team drafting right in front of us.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    Overrated in my opinion.
    Physically talented. He has elite qualities. However, living in NC and surrounded by a lot of UNC alum who are "plugged in" to the sports programs at the school I've heard a lot of concerning things about his mental make up and prima donna attitude. Enough to make me look somewhere else at 19. Talent wise though, the kid is off the charts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jimmy Graham was raw as a talent and not the best blocker coming in either and look at him now. Sure Ebron might not be quite to grahams's athletic ability, but not that far off from what I've read. And Vernon Davis had diva qualities coming in, everyone remembers him walking off and being selfish causing him to under achieve until a no nonsense coach in Singletary called him out. It lit a fire under Davis's ass with tough love and caused him to wake up from his selfish, diva mindset and become a hard working, team player. Sure Davis is a freak of nature athlete but what an athletic tight end can do in today's game can really open up the offense and help miami's passing game and pts as well as be a dynamic target and safety blanket for young qb tannehill. It would be a nice tight end duo with clay as well.
    Quote Quote