Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round.

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Ga/ Sarasota,
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I hope they traded back if they did this...But, it would mean they are aware that you MUST have a franchise QB, and if RT doesn't take the next step, they have a plan I know Homerville won't be happy, and honestly I think we have too many holes and need to roll the dice with RT, its not like Andrew Luck or manning is coming out. But, say we trade back to the end of the first and Teddy or Bortles slides, it would be interesting.
    Lets hope RT takes the next step and this isn't even an option worth discussing. In doing that lets get him a Tackle and one more playmaker preferable a RZ threat. Then, if he continues to be mediocre cut the cord and look for a QB..
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Dolphins would fare better is they just forfeited the pick
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    in all seriousness i'm not even entertaining this but i have heard a lot of scuttelbutt that the bengals love bridgewater if he gets to them...do i buy it??? ehhh...they should do it if you ask me but i doubt they will

dalton blows
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be more interesting than any other move, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be shy about drafting someone with a demonstrated ability to succeed in big games. Tannehill may look the part in some respects but it's never fully translated to the scoreboard. During his final season at Texas A&M that team had a huge power rating, lots of talented players, the lead in countless games, yet finished 7-6.

Give him more time. That theory never impresses me as much as the fact that a guy wasn't playing and thriving at an early age. Projections are supposed to be cheap. Eighth pick isn't cheap.

I don't care about the tape. Big picture situational scope is more relevant, IMO. Tannehill doesn't fare well by that measure. A guy like Bridgewater does. You don't need wide receiver excuses for his career. He started immediately as a freshman and won a BCS bowl game as a big underdog against an SEC powerhouse his sophomore season. Give me that resume and I'll take my chances, above all the fretting about an individual workout.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Ga/ Sarasota,
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya Dalton is part of the problem not the solution..
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    Like a Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater.

http://i.imgur.com/PHZNXLr.gif
    I would figure it would have about the same type of effect on the team as bullygate. You can't draft a backup QB in the first rd. So there would be a lot of players having to decide which camp they were in. It would also pretty much insure that Hickey would be gone by the end of the year if not sooner. I would rank it right up with drafting a 1st rd punter, in both probability and desirability
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Ga/ Sarasota,
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I would figure it would have about the same type of effect on the team as bullygate. You can't draft a backup QB in the first rd. So there would be a lot of players having to decide which camp they were in. It would also pretty much insure that Hickey would be gone by the end of the year if not sooner. I would rank it right up with drafting a 1st rd punter, in both probability and desirability
    So attempting to identify a franchise qb who can win big games is akin to drafting a punter in the first round??? I hope my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. If you haven't noticed a QB is a MUST HAVE if a team is going to be a real contender consistently... So far, our qb has been average, in fact he has never really won..
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I don't care about the tape. Big picture situational scope is more relevant, IMO. Tannehill doesn't fare well by that measure. A guy like Bridgewater does. You don't need wide receiver excuses for his career. He started immediately as a freshman and won a BCS bowl game as a big underdog against an SEC powerhouse his sophomore season. Give me that resume and I'll take my chances, above all the fretting about an individual workout.
    So you will take your chances on a QB just because he wins a BCS bowl games as a sophomore? Lets see....Time Tebow, Ej Manuel, Vince Young.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That was my exact reaction when the Jets hired Sparano.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    That was my exact reaction when the Jets hired Sparano.
    ok, thanks.
    Quote Quote