Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your Reaction: The Dolphins draft a QB in the first round.

1. -41
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd seriously consider following a different team.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Dan is the Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If it was Manziel I would be excited and intrigued.
    Just beat those Stinking JETS
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemarino View Post
    If it was Manziel I would be excited and intrigued.
    Ditto.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    Ditto.
    This...this would confuse, sadden, and excite me all at the same time. I wouldn't know how to react.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It might not happen in the 1st round but it wouldn't surprise me if Miami drafted a QB in the 3rd or beyond.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
    It would be more interesting than any other move, that's for sure.

I wouldn't be shy about drafting someone with a demonstrated ability to succeed in big games. Tannehill may look the part in some respects but it's never fully translated to the scoreboard. During his final season at Texas A&M that team had a huge power rating, lots of talented players, the lead in countless games, yet finished 7-6.

Give him more time. That theory never impresses me as much as the fact that a guy wasn't playing and thriving at an early age. Projections are supposed to be cheap. Eighth pick isn't cheap.

I don't care about the tape. Big picture situational scope is more relevant, IMO. Tannehill doesn't fare well by that measure. A guy like Bridgewater does. You don't need wide receiver excuses for his career. He started immediately as a freshman and won a BCS bowl game as a big underdog against an SEC powerhouse his sophomore season. Give me that resume and I'll take my chances, above all the fretting about an individual workout
    say that, then take Bortles that never had BCS recruiting for his WRs or line and beat a team many had winning by 40 points in a BCS game...Id go with bortles in a heart beat...the man knows when to run, when to throw it away and has a better long ball than tannehill...hes not as fast but hes built to take more hits than tannehill and after last year you don't know how shell shocked tannehill is...having 2 qbs that can start in the NFL isn't a bad problem to have...

also bortles works better outside of the pocket (which tannehill does as well)...if bortles is there when we pick he can be used as trade bait for someone wanting to come back up or we can pick him up...you do not just ignore him...

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whenever there is a thread that questions Tannehill's development or whether Tannehill was the right pick (compared to Wilson as evidenced by the recent 70+ page thread) I am amazed at the amount of irrational overoptimistic analysis of Tannehill's performance in the NFL. You want to get a realistic analysis of Tannehill look at what is said about him by people associated with other team's bulletin boards.

It's time to get real. Tannehill was not a successful quarterback in college. Prior posts have reminded us of the fact that he only was able to start during his last two years in college and that his final season was less than stellar. Manzell took that same team and won a Heisman trophy. Tannehill could only manage 7-6.

It is important to remember that as a pro quarterback Tannehill still doesn't have a winning season. His end of season collapse last year exposed significant questions about whether he has the strength of character to be a franchise quarterback. His technical game has obvious deficiencies, particularly in pocket presence and in throwing the long ball. After two years it is still an open question as to whether he has what it takes to be a franchise quarterback. With enough time he might develop in that direction, but it is equally likely that he could also fall flat on his face. If you're honest in your evaluation you will admit that there are quarterbacks in this year's draft who could be competent replacements for where Tannehil is now.

Given the importance of the QB position in today's NFL, it is incumbent on a team to do everything possible to get a franchise quarterback. So, if the Dolphin's choose a QB in the first round I won't be disappointed. We need to keep drafting this position until we eventually find one. Hickey is not Jeff Ireland and is not wed to Tannehill in the same way Ireland was. Drafting a QB would be a statement on Hickey's part that he is his own man and is not tied to Ireland's decisions. If Philbin is smart he will also realize that when your GM finds you talent you put that talent on the field. Remember, Shula had no problem with benching Woodley and Strock in order to play Marino.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    Like a Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater.

http://i.imgur.com/PHZNXLr.gif
    IMO IF and a BIG IF we did grab a QB in the first , the only one i would even think about Taking would be Bortles , that would be the only one i would even think about giving up our 1st on , but we have alot of other needs such as OL ,TE , and LB , heres hopeing we have Ebron fall to 19 , but will most likely gone .

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think trading Tannehill for a first and second round pick, Then drafting a Bridgewater or Bortles, would make perfect sense.

First Round: Bridgewater and Eric Ebron/Zach Martin
    Second Round: Martavis Bryant Antonio Richardson..

my, my my
    Last edited by Retro_Marlins; 05-05-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro_Marlins View Post
    I think trading Tannehill for a first and second round pick, Then drafting a Bridgewater or Bortles, would make perfect sense.

First Round: Bridgewater and Eric Ebron/Zach Martin
    Second Round: Martavis Bryant Antonio Richardson..

my, my my
    Why do you hate the Dolphins....why do you want them to fail...
    Quote Quote