Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets draft a real playmaker - Xavier Su'a-Filo

1. -21
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    To be fair, I've always liked solid guard play especially with the athleticism of DTs these days. They can double team with a tackle, pull on a screen, power forward in 3rd and short, and help punch in at the goal line. It's a versatile position and having talent there would be real nice.
    Agreed. With more teams lining up in spread formation, the D has countered by more A Gap blitzes. Hence, OG's are becoming more important.

19 is a little early for XSF.

I'd like to see Miami trade down, but, it may not be feasible. The best option may be if SF gets antsy for a WR or CB and wants to trade.

I keep seeing mocks where the donkeys draft XSF @ 31.

p.s. I like XSF @ 19 more than Moses or Mosely.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As unfair as it is I think the 2 year sabbatical is going to hurt him and he's a good candidate to slide quite a bit. Just on football ability I think he's probably worthy of the 19th pick but you have to question his overall commitment to the game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    Some say he will, and some say he won't. What if he isn't, then what? You take Martin or XSF? Just curious.

Edit:
    For those who may think that taking XSF ahead of Martin as incomprehensible need look no further than Matt Smith's mock draft at NFL.com. He has us taking XSF and then the Cardinals taking Martin.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-d...nav-mockdrafts
    I'd take Martin no doubt about it, Martin would also be a strong long term LG but also could play RT day 1

However I'm working on the assumption that he goes at 12 to the giants and if that doesn't happen I'd be shocked if he gets past the steelers and ravens
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I'd take Martin no doubt about it, Martin would also be a strong long term LG but also could play RT day 1

However I'm working on the assumption that he goes at 12 to the giants and if that doesn't happen I'd be shocked if he gets past the steelers and ravens
    I am leaning towards Martin over XSF, too, but only because he may be able to play RT. For what it is worth, Mayock said that as an OG he would rate Martin higher than XSF.

I wonder if there is anyone here at FH who would take XSF over Martin? If so, why?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not me. martin can play RT, but, as mayock (and many others) have stated, would likely be a perennial pro bowler at OG.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

and to add: i like XSF a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

and to add again: how about Martin at 19 and XSF at 50!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by circumstances View Post
    not me. martin can play RT, but, as mayock (and many others) have stated, would likely be a perennial pro bowler at OG.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

XSF won't make it out of round 1
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I am leaning towards Martin over XSF, too, but only because he may be able to play RT. For what it is worth, Mayock said that as an OG he would rate Martin higher than XSF.

I wonder if there is anyone here at FH who would take XSF over Martin? If so, why?
    hes a better player sure... but hes going to go 10 maybe 15 picks above XSF

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by circumstances View Post

martin wont be there at 19 xsf wont be there at 50

andrew luck woulda been nice at 8 the other year though lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Agreed. With more teams lining up in spread formation, the D has countered by more A Gap blitzes. Hence, OG's are becoming more important.

19 is a little early for XSF.

I'd like to see Miami trade down, but, it may not be feasible. The best option may be if SF gets antsy for a WR or CB and wants to trade.

I keep seeing mocks where the donkeys draft XSF @ 31.

p.s. I like XSF @ 19 more than Moses or Mosely.
    One third of the 1st round 2011 Draft class didn't get their 5th year option exercised and can therefore be regarded as failures for a variety of reasons. Mike Pouncey was our pick in 2011 and at the time he was seen as an unglamorous pick. Today, he is the sole good O-lineman that we drafted and he even made it to last year's Pro Bowl. These picks don't have to be sexy.
    XSF is an extremely safe bet to succeed in the NFL. He fits our system, he is athletic, he is high character, he has a good work ethic, he is smart, he is a natural leader and he can contribute straight away. In short it is hard to find safe picks in the 1st round and we shouldn't try to get cute about picking him up a little later. Eg I would be very disappointed if he happened to land in New England's lap because we hope to get him later.
    I support the OP 100% - XSF would look great in aqua and white.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i can dream, can't i ?!?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the fact that this team has been so abysmal for so long that we think offensive linemen are playmakers.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote