Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets draft a real playmaker - Xavier Su'a-Filo

1. -31
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    XSF won't make it out of round 1
    So far I have counted "posters" stating that 8 Oline will be taken in the first round.... That's a lot of Play-makers left on th table -> c'mon! (Moses, XSF, Bitonio, James, Martin, Lewan, Matthews, Robinson, Koujandjio) So let's say that 6 Oline go in the first leaving Koujandjio, Moses and Biotonio off -> then who drops?

People can't be serious that all these WRs are going to fall? This is a great draft people... We havenb't even added up the Mewhorts, Richardsons and Billy Turners, Trai Turners, and that CDN French dude can play RT for me Duvernay-Tardiff
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I like the fact that this team has been so abysmal for so long that we think offensive linemen are playmakers.
    Why settle for abysmal when perpetually mediocre will do??
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    ...We havenb't even added up the Mewhorts, Richardsons and Billy Turners, Trai Turners, and that CDN French dude can play RT for me Duvernay-Tardiff
    I like Mewhort in round 3 ( especially if we trade down for more picks.). He's scrappy!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    So far I have counted "posters" stating that 8 Oline will be taken in the first round.... That's a lot of Play-makers left on th table -> c'mon! (Moses, XSF, Bitonio, James, Martin, Lewan, Matthews, Robinson, Koujandjio) So let's say that 6 Oline go in the first leaving Koujandjio, Moses and Biotonio off -> then who drops?

People can't be serious that all these WRs are going to fall? This is a great draft people... We havenb't even added up the Mewhorts, Richardsons and Billy Turners, Trai Turners, and that CDN French dude can play RT for me Duvernay-Tardiff
    He's the top Guard

Matthews, Lewan, Robinson, Martin, XSF....are 1st round talents and when you think about an offensive line makes up almost a quarter of a team starters it is not hard to believe that about a quarter of the draft will go towards that area...
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm I the only one that's not really impressed by Shazier? Id be happy with trading down and XSF.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I like him. We need to make this line solid.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My dream scenario, as stated weeks ago, is a trade down and grabbing this Guard. Picking up another 2nd or high 3rd would allow for a nice pick outside of another olineman being picked.

Fix the line, the rest will fall into place. Those stating otherwise, learned nothing last year, and are pushing their own agenda of rebuilding in their image.

2 of my first 3 picks are going to the oline.

Also some of the people advocating taking 'playmakers', outside of need. Are the same people advocating bring back Clabo or McKinnie. Which tells me they learned nothing.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    My dream scenario, as stated weeks ago, is a trade down and grabbing this Guard. Picking up another 2nd or high 3rd would allow for a nice pick outside of another olineman being picked.

Fix the line, the rest will fall into place. Those stating otherwise, learned nothing last year, and are pushing their own agenda of rebuilding in their image.

2 of my first 3 picks are going to the oline.

Also some of the people advocating taking 'playmakers', outside of need. Are the same people advocating bring back Clabo or McKinnie. Which tells me they learned nothing.
    What I learned was after acquiring McKinnie the line was good enough to make a run at the playoffs, and McKinnie was no all-pro at the LT position to say the least. Albert, Moreno and hopefully Lazor will all be huge upgrades so this chicken little routine should be over with.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    What I learned was after acquiring McKinnie the line was good enough to make a run at the playoffs, and McKinnie was no all-pro at the LT position to say the least. Albert, Moreno and hopefully Lazor will all be huge upgrades so this chicken little routine should be over with.
    So a RB is brought in to help the offensive line, and not be a weapon? Oh boy.

They were good enough, until the last 2 games, when that line was dominated by the likes of the Jets and Bills.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    So a RB is brought in to help the offensive line, and not be a weapon? Oh boy.

They were good enough, until the last 2 games, when that line was dominated by the likes of the Jets and Bills.
    RBs do both, in fact its very important they are good at doing both. We had one running back that was good at running but sucked at pass pro and the other was good at nothing.

In our offense we pass to set up the run so if our RBs want to get a lot of carries they better take matters into their own hands and help out on pass pro.
    Quote Quote