Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post

i've seen it all now...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    We have to let teams know they need to ante up if they want to trade up for Shazier, or else we might draft him...at least that the image we need to put out there. So far, we have publicly expressed interest in just about every player projected to go in the 15 to 25 range. Any of these last minute stories about us being interested in a certain player are almost certainly planted in the media for a reason.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is rather see them take Moses or trade down
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    We have to let teams know they need to ante up if they want to trade up for Shazier, or else we might draft him...at least that the image we need to put out there. So far, we have publicly expressed interest in just about every player projected to go in the 15 to 25 range. Any of these last minute stories about us being interested in a certain player are almost certainly planted in the media for a reason.
    Totally agree - its a strategy most teams have picked up & play nowadays & as is part of their overall draft plan.

Also didn't we just pay big money to 2 LBs in free agency last season - those finances still need to be paid off.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My hope is that Hickey is more willing to take chances on players based on their size/speed combo's along with guys who are football smart. When it came to his drafts, Ireland tended to go the 'safe, solid football player' route. Unfortunately, thats part of the reason IMO that he never hit any homeruns and had to overpay for other teams free agents.

That being said... if he bypasses any of the top 4 tackles to take a LB'er I won't be happy. If they are gone, I'm on board with Shazier or Mosley....Shazier's a better physical talent, but Mosley reminds me of Zach Thomas with his instincts. But if that happens, I'd want to trade up in the 2nd to get one of the second tier tackles....I'd even be willing to give up a decent pick in next years draft to do so(2nd next year, and say 3rd this year and perhaps Rishard Matthews?)...that gives us two second rounders in a solid draft to pickup a RT and a RG or CB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This would not be a good pick for the fins. I like CJ more and for those of u who think one of those tackles will be there in the third round r crazy. There will be a big run at the top or middle of the second round. If we wait we r screwed
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more media rumors I see the more convinced I am that we're taking a wideout at 19.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loui F Baby View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not seen an Ohio State player do anything in the NFL in so long that it just seems like they don't even enter the draft. There are certain schools that teams should just stay away from as far as drafting. Schools like Gators, Ohio State, and Tennessee. There are a couple of players that have been ok like Eric Berry, but as for LB, DL, WR, RB, where are these players from these schools that enter the draft. And the Gator are just made for college, these guys are no good in the NFL, OL okay no problem, but NO on QB, RB, LB, and DL just garbage.

We Do Not Need This Guy, By Him Being From Ohio State Sums It Up.
    I think Peyton Manning would have to disagree with you.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Shazier had a medical condition called alopecia which results in you losing all your hair. Not an issue for me. The guy is one of the fastest defensive players in this year's draft and he can add some weight. I also would take him before CJ Mosley.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Not an issue for me, I just thought he was shaving his brows to look extra intimidating or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfinzfan View Post
    No. I think the kid was just great athletically at OSU but will be overmatched in The NFL. Also its Dion Jordan part II so why the need? If we draft him even partially because his dad is The Team Chaplain I will ****e myself.

6-6 260 vs 6-2 230.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote