Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pollian on Trading Down and Telling The Truth

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    It's a crap shoot either way. No pick comes with guarantees. My thinking is the more picks we have, the more opportunities we have to fill holes or improve our depth at key positions.
    You may well be right. I would just like to see a star come out of the first round with a few average to good players. We are LONG OVERDUE.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    On M&M earlier Pollian was asked if, other than the owner and his wife, he ever told anyone the truth on his draft plans. He said no, and that he told his wife the truth once, she let it get out, and that ended that. LOL

On trading down, you're going to loose the guy you wanted to trade down for 90% of the time. So, if you're trading down 5 spots, there better be 4 guys you will be happy with, if it's 10 spots there better be 8 or you are going to have buyer's remorse on the guy you could have had.

With that in mind, do those wanting to trade down see enough players you would be happy with if it was not a RT?
    I think this is a very strong point, but I also think there's something to be said for not panicking because you might not get the guy you want. I like the idea of taking the risk of missing out on your guy "if" there's a decent chance to still get him and to further improve the team.

In this particular situation, there are about a dozen players I would be happy with between picks 19 and 50; and I know very little about most of the 2nd round rated prospects.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    I think this is a very strong point, but I also think there's something to be said for not panicking because you might not get the guy you want. I like the idea of taking the risk of missing out on your guy "if" there's a decent chance to still get him and to further improve the team.

In this particular situation, there are about a dozen players I would be happy with between picks 19 and 50; and I know very little about most of the 2nd round rated prospects.
    Agree but, as matt has posted, we do really need to see who is available at #19. I'm guessing that I'm gonna like someone better than trading down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    If the BPA doesn't fit a need spot at 19, I'm all for trading back a 3-6 spots if we can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd for it. A 2nd might be wishful thinking but a 3rd should be possible. More picks, more picks, more picks.
    You are in favor of this given our miserable history at second and third round draft picks over the last decade? Hickey has not done anything yet to warrant that level of confidence.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    You are in favor of this given our miserable history at second and third round draft picks over the last decade? Hickey has not done anything yet to warrant that level of confidence.
    As well as not having done anything yet to not warrant that level of confidence.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I do agree with you but, I am really torn here between trading up to fill our, far and away. biggest need in a RT, staying put for a guy like a Mosely,etc and somewhat rolling the dice for a couple of lessor rated players, even in this deep draft. I keep going back and forth on this, and just cannot decide.
    Bro we only have 6 picks if you trade up depending how far we will go to 5 or possibly 4 and we have holes and depth on the roster that can be improved.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 05-06-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote