Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SI.com Peter King draft notes

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I can't believe all of these so called NFL insiders cannot see the obvious that Kouandjio is not a good fit for the ZBS system. Philbin has been frustrated since he got here to get the O-line to function properly with big lumbering guys like John Jerry and Bryant McKinnie. He had to deal with Jonathan Martin and Incognito bullying that led to an underwhelming season that saw Jeff Ireland depart.
    Now with his very first draft pick, Dennis Hickey will want to seriously distress Joe by picking a big slow lumbering guy with a questionable reconstructed knee. I can't see it happening. It will either be BPA or the best O-lineman who fits the system.
    How the hell can Peter King and Todd McShay seriously expect Miami to select Kouandjio?
    Typical reaction, based on the 40 time you see a slow, lumbering player. Watch him play more, maybe you'll figure out why these draft guys have Koundjio going to us at #19. Dude can ball, bottom line, ZBS or not.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Typical reaction, based on the 40 time you see a slow, lumbering player. Watch him play more, maybe you'll figure out why these draft guys have Koundjio going to us at #19. Dude can ball, bottom line, ZBS or not.
    What I saw at the combine was a guy that lumbered around, was very stiff and didn't move well. What I've seen on tape is a guy that mauls people because he doesn't have feet quick enough to get in position. Now mauling people and just using your size and strength to block works in college...it will not work in the NFL. He will get beat like a drum.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    What I saw at the combine was a guy that lumbered around, was very stiff and didn't move well. What I've seen on tape is a guy that mauls people because he doesn't have feet quick enough to get in position. Now mauling people and just using your size and strength to block works in college...it will not work in the NFL. He will get beat like a drum.
    http://www.chargers.com/multimedia/v...1-83ba629633df

Does that look lumbering to you? Not to me given his size, position and power. Look at him move laterally at #19, your comment about his feet is hogwash. The flock moves against him after way over exaggerated knee issue reports that were debunked by arguably the top orthopedic surgeon in the world and then a slow forty time at the combine. Typical. That kind of meaningless white noise crowd mentality has little sway over me- Kouandjio was and is a heck of a player, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the pick at #19 or a bit lower in a trade down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.chargers.com/multimedia/v...1-83ba629633df

Does that look lumbering to you? Not to me given his size, position and power. Look at him move laterally at #19, your comment about his feet is hogwash. The flock moves against him after way over exaggerated knee issue reports that were debunked by arguably the top orthopedic surgeon in the world and then a slow forty time at the combine. Typical. That kind of meaningless white noise crowd mentality has little sway over me- Kouandjio was and is a heck of a player, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the pick at #19 or a bit lower in a trade down.
    jim1 - you might like to double check the link you attached. I see Eric Ebron and he definitely isn't lumbering. But he does appear 70 lbs lighter and may not have the arm length to block like Cyrus Kouandjio;-) Actually, I enjoyed the Ebron video, he moves well and it was a good check to see if we cared to take the time to check your video.
    I still don't see Kouandjio as the right fit for our ZBS but I'm ready to be flame grilled on that because Rich Eisen, Charley Casserley, Todd McShay and Peter King have all picked him in for the Dolphins in their latest mock drafts. I feel like the mother who is watching her son marching with the other soldiers, remark that they're all out of step except Johnny.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not going to argue the question marks on Kouandijo. I just don't like to draft players that have regressed from their previous year. What I will argue is that there are better players with better value that will be at #19. You can't telll me that Kouandijo, with his slipping production and poor offseason, is ranked higher than CJ Mosley-LB, Ryan Shazier-LB, Marquise Lee-WR, Jason Verrett-CB. If we're indeed stuck at #19, I'll bet there will be a RT starter available at #50 in the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jim1 - you might like to double check the link you attached. I see Eric Ebron and he definitely isn't lumbering. But he does appear 70 lbs lighter and may not have the arm length to block like Cyrus Kouandjio;-) Actually, I enjoyed the Ebron video, he moves well and it was a good check to see if we cared to take the time to check your video.
    I still don't see Kouandjio as the right fit for our ZBS but I'm ready to be flame grilled on that because Rich Eisen, Charley Casserley, Todd McShay and Peter King have all picked him in for the Dolphins in their latest mock drafts. I feel like the mother who is watching her son marching with the other soldiers, remark that they're all out of step except Johnny.
    I did watch the Ebron combine video and the Sports Science piece, he's one heck of an athlete.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Duhe View Post
    I'm not going to argue the question marks on Kouandijo. I just don't like to draft players that have regressed from their previous year. What I will argue is that there are better players with better value that will be at #19. You can't telll me that Kouandijo, with his slipping production and poor offseason, is ranked higher than CJ Mosley-LB, Ryan Shazier-LB, Marquise Lee-WR, Jason Verrett-CB. If we're indeed stuck at #19, I'll bet there will be a RT starter available at #50 in the 2nd round.
    There was an interesting player who slipped in the 1983 draft after a subpar senior year. That was Dan Marino. A regression junior to senior years isn't a positive, but I'd rather focus on the whole body of work.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There was an interesting player who slipped in the 1983 draft after a subpar senior year. That was Dan Marino. A regression junior to senior years isn't a positive, but I'd rather focus on the whole body of work.
    The questions about Marino weren't physical, it was whether he was a cokehead. Based on similar reasoning we should be looking at Colt Lyerla. Now I know you're a Kouandjiou fan, that's fine, and if he's healthy I have no doubt he's an NFL quality lineman. I have questions and would rather opt for a player with less questions.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    The questions about Marino weren't physical, it was whether he was a cokehead. Based on similar reasoning we should be looking at Colt Lyerla. Now I know you're a Kouandjiou fan, that's fine, and if he's healthy I have no doubt he's an NFL quality lineman. I have questions and would rather opt for a player with less questions.
    That's sound logic, I don't have a problem with it. It's just a question of opinions, and mine is that Kouandjio is one heck of a player that would be fine for us in a ZBS. My question has been from a few months back, do you want to spend a 1st rd pick on a RT or grab a playmaker like Brandin Cooks
    at #19 and get a RT in rd 2? But now, Morgan Moses and even Ju'Wuan James are being touted as 1st rd or early 2nd rd picks, longshots to be available at #50. I smell a trade down from #19 or a trade up from #50, or both.

I've liked Moses for a while and I've struggled with James, but despite what I don't see in striking qualities he's a very solid, very well rounded OT that will probably serve a team quietly well for 10-12 years. Not quiet excellence, but quiet very goodness. And that ain't bad.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Add Mayock to the lsit who just picked him at #19 in his mock. Picked Shazier at 21 to GB as an FYI..
    Quote Quote