Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: why is Oline the priority and not WR?

1. -41
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    I'm not trying to say we don't need oline help (or that this is a reason not to draft a WR) but Tannehill struggled to throw a good deep ball even when he was able to step up cleanly.
    Yep, in between those 58 sacks. My favorite was watching Tannehill get hit on a 3 step drop. That one was for the ages.

How anyone can expect Tannehill to play good QB, despite being hammered at a league high clip, is beyond me. A QB who needs a run game to set up everything he does well. A QB who didn't even have enough oline athleticism to do simple screens, counters or sweeps.

I can over look things for Tannehill, when talking about things he should have done better, when you look at the whole problem. I will not over look the FO putting that **** back on the field.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Yep, in between those 58 sacks. My favorite was watching Tannehill get hit on a 3 step drop. That one was for the ages.

How anyone can expect Tannehill to play good QB, despite being hammered at a league high clip, is beyond me. A QB who needs a run game to set up everything he does well. A QB who didn't even have enough oline athleticism to do simple screens, counters or sweeps.

I can over look things for Tannehill, when talking about things he should have done better, when you look at the whole problem. I will not over look the FO putting that **** back on the field.
    Rodgers did pretty well in 2011 despite being sacked 41 times.

I'm not going to argue that oline play doesn't affect the QB, or that Tannehill should play as well as Rodgers but when you have a wide open target and you get the ball off clean you need to hit that target.

I'm not saying this to rag on Tannehill, I like him a lot and I think he will improve his deep ball this year because the year prior he didn't even have a deep threat. But let's not pretend he didn't have flaws last year.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rodgers did pretty well in 2011 despite being sacked 41 times.

I'm not going to argue that oline play doesn't affect the QB, or that Tannehill should play as well as Rodgers but when you have a wide open target and you get the ball off clean you need to hit that target.

I'm not saying this to rag on Tannehill, I like him a lot and I think he will improve his deep ball this year because the year prior he didn't even have a deep threat. But let's not pretend he didn't have flaws last year.

So we are now trying to compare Tannehill who was a 2nd year starter to a then, 7th year vet(SB MVP)? Gotcha. All the while Rodgers beings sacked on avg 1 less than Tannehill per game?

I understand Tannehill's issue with the long ball. But I also understand, that Tannehill thrives in the PA game. And last year....this team was not fooling many with their playaction.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So we are now trying to compare Tannehill who was a 2nd year starter to a then, 7th year vet(SB MVP)? Gotcha. All the while Rodgers beings sacked on avg 1 less than Tannehill per game?
    I'm not going to argue . . . that Tannehill should play as well as Rodgers
    I understand Tannehill's issue with the long ball.
    That's all I was pointing out. Wasn't saying he's bad or was in a good situation.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    That's all I was pointing out. Wasn't saying he's bad or was in a good situation.
    what exactly are you saying, that's relevant to this thread? or you just here to point out tannehill's flaws?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Mike Wallace getting hurt is probably more devastating than Albert getting hurt, if you want to think of it that way.
    Do explain. I couldn't disagree more. Losing Wallace would suck, a lot. But who the hell plays LT without Albert? Please do not say they are plug and play. PLEASE do not say that

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    Yes, our OL is a flaming turd, but we should still be looking for upgrades at WR. Most of the guys we have would be nothing but 3rd, or 4th options on other teams.
    Youre off topic here. "Still looking for upgrades" =/= "Priority". Are you retracting your initial assessment that WR is a priority over OL?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Mike Wallace getting hurt is probably more devastating than Albert getting hurt, if you want to think of it that way.
    Yeah, not even close to be honest with you.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Albert is more important then wallace if we debate which injury would be worse. Look at last year if you are curious what Albert getting injured would look like
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's about who is available at #19. If BPA is WR then fine. If it's OL then so be it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A good GM can find starting quality OL in the third and fourth rounds while also taking potential playmakers high. I'd like to see if we have a good GM.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote