Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson Sports Buzz: 13 analysts weigh in on Dolphins 1st round pick

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Barry Jackson Sports Buzz: 13 analysts weigh in on Dolphins 1st round pick

Sporting News analyst Russ Lande: He said he would take Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller if available, even ahead of Martin.

“Fuller is the best cornerback in this draft and it’s hard to find big cornerbacks who are athletic and excel in coverage.” If Fuller and Martin are off the board, Lande said he would take UCLA guard Xavier Sua-Filo.

We're told the Dolphins' shifting of Koa Misi to middle linebacker remains a decent possibility (though not definite), and Misi has voiced no objections, contrary to a published report.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    After Mosely, Kiper mentions pass-rushers and corners? Hello Mel, you're talking about Miami, right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    After Mosely, Kiper mentions pass-rushers and corners? Hello Mel, you're talking about Miami, right?
    He starts off by stating that the O-linemen that may be available at 19 are a reach for him.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem if they take Fuller. We'd be set at CB for a few years, especially if Taylor develops.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    He starts off by stating that the O-linemen that may be available at 19 are a reach for him.
    I can see his reasoning there, but TE, LB, RB even Safety comes before DB or pass-rusher for me
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    I have no problem if they take Fuller. We'd be set at CB for a few years, especially if Taylor develops.
    Especially after taking CBs in rds 2-3 last year my preference is OL and WR in the first two rounds, the question is which position first. I've been watching more film of Ju'Wuan James and while nothing strikes me about him as being great, the guy is a good all around OT, good feet and he can move some bodies at the LOS. I could see a trade up from #50 to secure him in the 2nd rd. Still a fan of Brandin Cooks or Kouandjio at #19, best course of action if possible is a trade down imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I can see his reasoning there, but TE, LB, RB even Safety comes before DB or pass-rusher for me
    Pass rusher, I agree. I do not agree with CB. Outside of Grimes, we don't have anything close to a sure thing, and even with Grimes, we only have a couple more years left with him at this level. CB should absolutely be under consideration. RB should never be picked in the 1st, especially this year, so that's not an issue.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moses would be a reach. I think it has to be fuller or cooks. Zach Martin if he drops is a lock though
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Pass rusher, I agree. I do not agree with CB. Outside of Grimes, we don't have anything close to a sure thing, and even with Grimes, we only have a couple more years left with him at this level. CB should absolutely be under consideration. RB should never be picked in the 1st, especially this year, so that's not an issue.
    If an elite CB falls, I would consider him, sure. but Finnegan was signed in free agency and they have 2 higher picks from last year that should contribute. CB and WR are similar situations to me, upgrades would be nice but you're doing it at the expense of other areas and with the guys already in place, you might not get a day one starter. I just think there are several other positions that need immediate attention.
    Also, you might be reaching for a tackle at #19, but you should have the top guard available and we need at least one of those
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Especially after taking CBs in rds 2-3 last year my preference is OL and WR in the first two rounds, the question is which position first. I've been watching more film of Ju'Wuan James and while nothing strikes me about him as being great, the guy is a good all around OT, good feet and he can move some bodies at the LOS. I could see a trade up from #50 to secure him in the 2nd rd. Still a fan of Brandin Cooks or Kouandjio at #19, best course of action if possible is a trade down imo.
    If they feel like the CBs we took in rounds 2 and 3 are players I agree, but what if Hickey feels both of those guys are duds? Then you need another CB as much as you need a WR. It all depends on their evaluation of Taylor and Davis. Both health and talent. The most important thing with the pick at 19 is that you get a player that's is a full time starter and borderline pro bowl player, and a scheme fit as well. Regardless of position. I don't want to reach for an o-tackle just to draft a guy to stick at RT. If he's a player then of course you go RT. But I'd rather take Su'aFilo ( and KNOW I have a vg starter) than some of the tackle prospects they think we might be taking at 19 right now if the top 4 tackles are off the board.
    Quote Quote