Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's worth a 3rd for someone in a different QB situation than us. Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Bengals all seem like good fits to me.

People seem to be forgetting that this 3rd round pick started 3 fewer games and yet had better rookie numbers than top-10 Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously Hickey played a part, maybe a major role in selecting Glennon, but hopefully that subjective "pride of authorship" doesn't cloud his judgement by overpaying. Looking over various scouting reports, there's a lot to like about him (Mayock compared him to Josh Freeman, so there's that too) but the following from NFL (and confirmed elsewhere) is worrisome considering that we're fortunate our high potential young QB was never triaged on the sidelines:

Weaknesses
    His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...non?id=2539275

Overall, like Foles, he shows enough potential to be at best competition that spurs Tannehill and at worst a developmental asset capable of stepping in if needed. I would not be averse to trading for him for reasonable consideration, like Moore and a 6th (although I suspect Matt's contract would be offputting to a team still having SB aspirations until their QB goes down), or Devlin and a 4th next year or 5th in this draft.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft Myers, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Devlin and a pick makes sense. Moore for one more year and then Glennon is the backup next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    why would you throw away a 4th on glennon?
    Hes better than ppl give him credit for. 19 TD's and 9 picks on a scrub team that had all their RB's hurt on a minimal deal. Yet we're paying matt Moore 5 mil a year to ride the pine.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Hes better than ppl give him credit for. 19 TD's and 9 picks on a scrub team that had all their RB's hurt on a minimal deal. Yet we're paying matt Moore 5 mil a year to ride the pine.
    scrub team?? not quite.

that team is solid and has talent on both sides of the ball.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That scrub team beat us, what does that say about our scrub team? The bucs have more talent on their roster then we do. Dont be ignorant to not see it. Lavonte david is better then everyone else on our D besides Wake, and I could argue that he is.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2nd round pick for the guy that they gave up on after his rookie season no less...yeah right...this dudes not getting you over the hump
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would swap the 2. Moore for Glennon. Alleviates some money from our cap
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UPFinFan View Post
    That scrub team beat us, what does that say about our scrub team? The bucs have more talent on their roster then we do. Dont be ignorant to not see it. Lavonte david is better then everyone else on our D besides Wake, and I could argue that he is.
    Lol I was at the game. They had a 3rd string RB gash us. They went 4-12 yet so talented? Give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Lol I was at the game. They had a 3rd string RB gash us. They went 4-12 yet so talented? Give me a break.
    Better WR, Better line, better defense....

More talent...
    Quote Quote