Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins looking at possible first-round trades

1. -11
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsfan93 View Post
    Can someone help me understand this? He didn't cause the dysfunction of our O-Line so I don't get why pressure would be on him to try and find one early, especially in a deep draft like this one. Hickey can improve a weak position on the team or strengthen an already strong position at #19 if he wants to.[COLOR="Silver"]

If Hickey can find a starting RT and G in the later rounds then awsome.

But we all keep forgeting that Hiceky/Philbin have 1-2 years to turn this tea around or its the chopping block.

Sure, we could use upgrades at certain weak positions. But we are kidding ourselves if we dont say O-line is a hot turd at this point (apart from LT and C).

Hickey and the team need READY NOW players. Not developmental players that will take 2-3 years to fruit.

We need plug and play. And that is harder to find in the deeper rounds.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsfan93 View Post
    Can someone help me understand this? He didn't cause the dysfunction of our O-Line so I don't get why pressure would be on him to try and find one early, especially in a deep draft like this one. Hickey can improve a weak position on the team or strengthen an already strong position at #19 if he wants to.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Well its certainly not his fault I agree. However, he is going to be judged on how well this team does this year. I am a BPA guy...thats my style. Id take Fuller or Shazier or several other players over one of those RT and look for a RT in the 2nd. Im not drafting though...and I can tell you this. If Hickey waits on a RT and that guy ends up getting destroyed this year and Tannehill is taking sacks from that side like we have Clabo out there again...you and I both know who the finger is going to be pointed at.

Again, I think you can trade down...pick BPA, then trade back up in the 2nd if you think there is going to be a run. I just dont see Moses and James going in the first...maybe one.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a deep draft like this one, I'd prefer to trade back. There seems to be many good players that will be available in the top four rounds, not to mention those that fall lower. More chances to hit good players with more picks.
    Just win.... please!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ehhh can't say i like the targets list...hope it's off

if miami is gonna go corner at least make it jason verrett
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

Not a fan of Fuller?? Thats surprising. I think Verrett is a good fit but I think Fuller is better. He's by far the best tackler in this class...and I think he is excellent in off man and zone in addition to man. He plants well...good fluid hips.

I actually like both of those guys more than Gilbert.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Book it.

Saints trade with Dolphins to jump ahead of the Eagles for Brandin Cooks - WR, Oregon State

Saints - 1 (19)

Dolphins - 1 (27), 2 (58) OR 1 (27), 3 (91), 5 (167)
    Would love that senario.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not in favor of those guys at 19, and only Lee and Moses are guys I'd spend a first rounder on.

But, we would be foolish and incompetent if we were not putting out feelers to determine the general parameters of both trading up and down. I fully believe we have had those discussions and more not mentioned. That allows us options when things do not play out as the mocks thought it would.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Just Win, Baby

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    If Calvin Pryor is not there, or Zach Martin, trade down to 27 and take Ja'Juan James and pick up an extra 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ticophin View Post
    So, we got all crazy 'bout trading up for a player we didn't really need (DJordan), but can't imagine a trade-up for a potential star Tackle like Robinson or Mathews?? I'd punch the card and run to the podium!! We can get a guard later, but Albert and Mathews/Robinson?? Tanny would thrive!! Look at our 2nd and 3rd rders from last year, gimme the trade up all day!
    We would have to give up way more than a second rounder to move into the top 10. We don't have the picks to make that move this year. Last year we had two second rounders and took a chance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

There are a LOT of good CB prospects in this draft. If I wanted an instant starter I'd look for who falls to 50, otherwise, there is good CB value in every round and some good talent that will even go undrafted this year.

While the WR talent is ridiculously overwhelming, it has largely gone unmentioned that this is the deepest CB draft in a very long time ... perhaps ever. There will be several Nolan Carroll type players coming out of the late rounds and UDFA class.

I would be very aggressive in recruiting UDFA's at WR, CB and OL this year. I think that is part of our player visit strategy with guys like Shaquille Richardson from Arizona. I also like how Seattle put out a recruiting brochure to agents about it.

This is quite a draft class.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote