Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

1. -101
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would be a huge mistake IMO. No matter how good Martin is you don't trade up for a guard from where we are. It would also be potentially career suicide for Hickey as it ties him to success of Martin and the players that we could have had with the picks we gave up. This is too deep a draft to make this move make any sense. The only way I see us moving up for a lineman is if Lewan or Matthews fall, and even then I don't see us giving up what will be needed to move into the top 10.

Smokescreen, for what purpose I don't know.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Give me Marqise Lee and the option of cutting bait on Hartline or Wallace next year.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets leave all the stupid trading up rumors for where it makes sense.... Dallas... who has no GM.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Give me Marqise Lee and the option of cutting bait on Hartline or Wallace next year.
    Or, what about... wait for it... trading Wallace to SF for a 2nd & 6th this yr?
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Were one of the few that say go Lee.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    I agree, smokescreen.

Plus, guys like Armando who report that Dolphins are high on a tackle and will trade up for him are just being part of the team, playing the game, to get the communications out there the organization wants. There's absolutely no chance, imho, that Hickey trades up for an O lineman. If he trades up, it will be for a different player. But since this is a year we need to pick up both a tackle and guard, doing that is not probable, because he'd lose a high draft pick. So he'll either pick the best player of need at 19, or trade back a few spots.

Quote Quote  

6. -106
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    IMO, there are two different trade up options at OT. To get a Matthews or Lewan, it is likely we need to move up around the top ten. However, there's a fair chance that going up to get Martin may require us to move up a few spots, maybe to #15 with Pitt, which is cheaper.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Or, what about... wait for it... trading Wallace to SF for a 2nd & 6th this yr?
    Nobody's trading for Wallace this year. And in fact, I'm hoping the one we cut bait with is Hartline. Nothing against the guy, I appreciate a lot of things that he brings to the table, but wide receivers need to be able to get into the end zone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I'm Miami I'm packaging a DE a 2nd and a next year pick to go up, keeping my 1st and drafting Lewan and XSF.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    The difference is Ireland wasnt going to hit on that second round pick anyways. While we dont know how good Hickey is, we have hopes of minimum competency. Ignorance is bliss.

Also drafting for need is shortsighted and idiotic and will directly result in this regime being fired. The firing will just be delayed a year or two. Passing on potentially great players at more important positions for someone who plays a less important position simply because of what happened last year will damn us tomorrow. Trading up for said player is even more ridiculous.
    Nope. Ridiculous is believing any clown(ey) will make a difference on this team while our offensive line is in it's current state.

This need crap is so nauseating. Its spewed over and over again as if it makes any damn sense, as if a team is not supposed to draft out of necessity, as if the Colts would take a QB in the 1st because said QB is the most highly rated player on their board by far. [mocking tone]"No, Onda. Thats not the same thing. Its different.[mocking tone]

BPA is BPA, right? By the literal- not bend it to mean whatever one wants it to mean for the benefit of their argument- but the literal definition of BPA suggests the Colts must take a QB with their 1st pick in the draft in the aforementioned hypothetical.

And as simple as that, as dim of an argument as the above, i shred the BPA standpoint to pieces.

Let me ask you, do you honestly think you have an iota, just the least tiniest bit of an idea of what player is potentially great? Go back to ignorance is bliss, my friend. You dont. You never will. This is all a charade for entertainment. Football IQs at a level, echelons above what our feeble minds could not commence to comprehend, scout players for YEARS and end up looking like they couldnt spell "blue chip" with a dictionary and 7 out of the 8 letters given to them.

This is my beef with the Dolphin fan. The many think they are so very smart and havent the common sense to realize they are just every day shmucks with an opinion about a science even masters havent mastered. But, they believe the crap they regurgitate as matter of fact as if it was written in scripture. It saddens me to say that such fans are like insane right conservatists.

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare, if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." Thats an actual quote from a republican.

Hickey should be crucified for trading up. Thats paraphrasing what seems to be the majority of opinions in this thread.

Any of the two seem sound?

The only thing I know without a reasonable doubt is that i dont know much at all and I pray that i learn something new every day. But not the true Dolfan, no. He KNOWS that trading up for a RT is the most horrid decision a GM has EVAAAA MAAADE.

Ridiculous is every where you look, Spesh, so you may very well be right.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your style OnDaChain, rookie of the year candidate for sure.

I'm in the "hate this move" camp but I'll admit I was humbled by the Albert trade debate from a year ago and I was completely wrong in hindsight (thankfully my boy Philbin was on the right side but disgustingly I realize I was on Ireland's side of the debate). If we trade up for Martin and get the ball rolling with 10 or 11 wins and become a perennial playoff team nobody will give two ****s (or ever admit they might have been wrong) about this.
    Quote Quote