Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Yeah I have seen Plenty of Beasley he has edge rush tools for sure...run d leaves a lot to be desired...situational rusher pro IMO from the jump...better overall rush talents than dee ford but in a lighter package

Definitely has high end rush tools on the edge...
    He packs a punch for how light he is.. In a 3-4 I'd have no problem standing up on the right side day 1 if he can get to 240-245ish by then.. But in a 4-3 situational forsure. I'd take him over Dion Jordan
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by futurescout View Post
    He packs a punch for how light he is.. In a 3-4 I'd have no problem standing up on the right side day 1 if he can get to 240-245ish by then.. But in a 4-3 situational forsure. I'd take him over Dion Jordan
    Yeah I meant pretty much in our d...just like dee ford...situational rusher in a 43...these guys want to play every down 34 all the way...added value for 34 teams for sure
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flowers is the best Canes prospect along with Duke Johnson. Both third year guys. Flowers is a bit stiff but he's smart and rugged.

Walford will make the highlight grab. Overall he's a big play tight end, not somebody who is dependable play after play. More fast than quick or agile. Odd frame.

Tracy Howard might consider entering the draft if he has a terrific season. So far he hasn't quite lived up to his high school clippings. Too much cushion but it could be do to the soft scheme.

I'd be shocked if Deon Bush declared early. He's been in reverse since his freshman year. There's a big chance that converted running back Dallas Crawford will start ahead of Bush to open the season.

The quarterback Williams is not pro material. Considering the guys who will start ahead of him, he'll be sorely missed until he returns from injury. The true freshman could start if the holdovers are as pathetic as I expect.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Saw a 2015 cnnsi mock with Denzel perryman to Miami with the 10 pick...you gotta be ****ing kidding me...I felt better about just how far off the mark the mock was when I saw Cedric ogbuehi at 1 overall
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Outstanding thread. Great job, fear the beard. I want to do a big study of running backs, free safeties with range, and athletic mikes in particular. I hope the league continues to deemphasize backs to the extent that Miami could get Gurley at more of a bargain price.

Is there an elite mike in the Kuechly or Willis mold that you guys like? Or near elite?

How about a playmaking free safety with good hips? We need someone who can make plays in the middle of the field.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TJ Yeldon not being in the top couple of backs has pretty much taken me by surprise. His size/speed ratio is enticing. When he first burst onto the scene I really was anticipating him in the draft process. It's funny, with bama backs we always seem to be anticipating their next back while the one in line now is yesterday's news.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Wallace is a true #1, but at the same time I don't get all the "cut him" arguments. If you look at last year, Wallace was consistently open. Problems with the offensive line and not being in sync with Tannehill meant leaving a lot of big plays on the field. Hopefully, with an improved offensive line we'll see a big season out of Wallace.

That said, I still think the team needs more talent at wide receiver. Miami's group isn't bad and I love the addition of Landry, but getting another difference maker would help.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like ASU QB Taylor Kelly, from my alma mater, if we are looking for a QB next year in round 3-4.

Kelly.jpg
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Gregory is overrated. Quick note on the list. Eric Kendricks goes to UCLA - not CAL (his brother went to CAL).

I'm not at a point where I'm comfortable ranking positions going into the season, but I like Spence and Calhoun. Spence has to get bigger and stronger to play DE in the NFL, but I think he has the COD to play 3-4 OLB, and he has time to fill out his frame - going into his junior season.

I was checking Spence's statistics. He's credited with ZERO QB pressures against Penn State, and I don't know how they define a QB pressure, but he was in the QB's face all game. I haven't tallied the total, but I'd guess the total would be close to 5 - caused an INT right after his first sack. Slick pass rusher.
    Last edited by j-off-her-doll; 06-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Outstanding thread. Great job, fear the beard. I want to do a big study of running backs, free safeties with range, and athletic mikes in particular. I hope the league continues to deemphasize backs to the extent that Miami could get Gurley at more of a bargain price.

Is there an elite mike in the Kuechly or Willis mold that you guys like? Or near elite?How about a playmaking free safety with good hips? We need someone who can make plays in the middle of the field.

I've believed A.J. Johnson was near elite since he was a freshman. I don't think he's quite in the Kuechly/Willis category in terms of instincts, but he is athletically. Here's a little post I did on him after his sophomore season...

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread....-Underclassman

One of the most instinctual linebackers I've seen is Tyler Matakevich, who is heading into his Junior season.
    Quote Quote