Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Don Jones twitter account

  1. -81
    Finsfan1984's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    765
    vCash:
    2670
    Loc:
    Hattiesburg MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    So your idea of "letting him live his life" is to tell him to keep his personal life private and not openly express his affection for his significant other?

    This wasn't matter of people simply "voicing their opinions", it was people stating that there was no place for Sam to live his life openly and honestly on live TV.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm...I guess this is more of a matter of interpretation then? What I have seen, what I have read, is peoples disagreement with the media, and yes, maybe Sam's willing to make it a PUBLIC venue to draw attention and make this a political and theatrical platform. I have watched the draft since it started on being on TV, and I have NEVER seen anything like I saw this draft, heterosexual or any other form of display that I saw this year with Sam. I am not saying he cant live his life as he sees fit, thats his choice and not for me to judge. But if he chooses to display it publically, then he needs to be ready to deal with ohters displaying their dislike with how he does display it. If HE has the right to live as he wishes, then others also have their right to express their dislike in it as well. Again, you cant have it just one way.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Finsfan1984's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    765
    vCash:
    2670
    Loc:
    Hattiesburg MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, do you recall the incident where the TV announcer went on and on about AJ Mccarron's girlfriend during an Alambama game last season? Well, that was a heterosexual remark he made (and not even a distasteful on either), and yet he was publically ridiculed BIG TIME for it. That was JUST a remark!! THis was a diplay or act on TV.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    18,951
    vCash:
    19458
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan1984 View Post
    Hmmm...I guess this is more of a matter of interpretation then? What I have seen, what I have read, is peoples disagreement with the media, and yes, maybe Sam's willing to make it a PUBLIC venue to draw attention and make this a political and theatrical platform. I have watched the draft since it started on being on TV, and I have NEVER seen anything like I saw this draft, heterosexual or any other form of display that I saw this year with Sam. I am not saying he cant live his life as he sees fit, thats his choice and not for me to judge. But if he chooses to display it publically, then he needs to be ready to deal with ohters displaying their dislike with how he does display it. If HE has the right to live as he wishes, then others also have their right to express their dislike in it as well. Again, you cant have it just one way.
    So you are saying that people that say "Sam should keep his homosexual life to himself and not display it on tv or anywhere else in public" are just saying it just to say it, but don't actually mean it?

    To me, when someone says "keep your life to yourself", it seems like a command, not just an opinion. And that would be forcing others how to live their life, something you apparently don't like, but only when it pertains to you and others like you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    18,951
    vCash:
    19458
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Don Jones twitter account

    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan1984 View Post
    Also, do you recall the incident where the TV announcer went on and on about AJ Mccarron's girlfriend during an Alambama game last season? Well, that was a heterosexual remark he made (and not even a distasteful on either), and yet he was publically ridiculed BIG TIME for it. That was JUST a remark!! THis was a diplay or act on TV.
    I guess I missed the part where Mussberger was dating a college model... Oh, that's right, he wasn't. He was coveting another man's woman! That heathen sinner! Where was all the backlash from the holy high crowd for the old man breaking a COMMANDMENT!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Finsfan1984's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    765
    vCash:
    2670
    Loc:
    Hattiesburg MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    To me, when someone says "keep your life to yourself", it seems like a command, not just an opinion. And that would be forcing others how to live their life, something you apparently don't like, but only when it pertains to you and others like you?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im saying you cant have it both ways...thats what I am saying. I have seen numerous times where heterosexual couples have shown PDA's (public displays of affection) and people remark almost the same manner as this. Obviously, more people or at least this particular one has garnered more publicity, but still it is the same thing. Never have I EVER seen on the NFL draft a PDA such as this, hererosexual or otherwise. Why doesnt he have the right to say he doesnt like it?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    18,951
    vCash:
    19458
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan1984 View Post
    Im saying you cant have it both ways...thats what I am saying. I have seen numerous times where heterosexual couples have shown PDA's (public displays of affection) and people remark almost the same manner as this. Obviously, more people or at least this particular one has garnered more publicity, but still it is the same thing. Never have I EVER seen on the NFL draft a PDA such as this, hererosexual or otherwise. Why doesnt he have the right to say he doesnt like it?
    For one, I don't agree with Jones suspension. In all honesty I think a little call to the office for a talk would have been sufficient. He didn't use a slur or promote hate or violence in his remarks.

    That being said, I highly doubt he thought it was "horrible" because of the PDA. There would not be a reaction of this scale if Tannehill and his wife engaged in the same level of PDA on draft day. That much I know to be true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    FearTheBeard's Avatar
    The Man - Formerly Grush

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    1,791
    vCash:
    8346
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan1984 View Post
    No!! What there is NO place for is a double standard in ANY place! This is a perfect example of a double standard. I have heard no one say or emply even that he is not allowed to live his life as he sees fit. Instead, we have people saying that no one can disagree with his choice or even voice their opinion. You are saying that the OTHER side as you put it cant have the right to call something wrong, while at the same time THAT side is calling the ohter side wrong. That in itself IS a double standard. Cant have it both ways my friend...
    Your reading comprehension isn't great. I'm not talking about the Don Jones tweet, I'm talking about the gay/hetero argument. There's hypocrisy everywhere when you run a billion dollar corporation and you have to conform to public perception. Fair or not you're responsibility is to your public image and making as much money as possible. To think the Dolphins had any other choice is assinine and to think the freedom of speech is to say whatever you want without consequences is simply wrong.

    Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

    LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Finsfan1984's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    765
    vCash:
    2670
    Loc:
    Hattiesburg MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Your reading comprehension isn't great. I'm not talking about the Don Jones tweet, I'm talking about the gay/hetero argument. There's hypocrisy everywhere when you run a billion dollar corporation and you have to conform to public perception. Fair or not you're responsibility is to your public image and making as much money as possible. To think the Dolphins had any other choice is assinine and to think the freedom of speech is to say whatever you want without consequences is simply wrong.
    Thanks so much for your criticism, I will get right on top of improving my inability to comprehend reading. Sure there is hypocricy everywhere! And this matter in which this organization handled this situation is another example that indeed. Yes they did have a multitude of ways of handling this situation. IMO they overreacted just as they did in the Martin/Incognito case and so many others.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    FearTheBeard's Avatar
    The Man - Formerly Grush

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    1,791
    vCash:
    8346
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sure it's a bit of an over reaction, but you have to set an example so these things don't happen again. It's not good for the image of a franchise that has gone through what they have.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think this whole thing is a big misunderstanding. Jones didn't tweet his disgust because he is anti gay. He tweeted because they are an interracial couple.

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. Terrell Owens says he is " Miami Bound " on his twitter account
    By FinAtic8480 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Account help please
    By nyphan21 in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Follow our Beat Writer's Twitter account for TC Updates!
    By BESS4LAST in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •