Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Jones twitter account

1. -21
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    People are stupid if they can't grasp the fact that these are employees of an organization and if they say things not in line with their organization's culture it is fully within their rights to discipline them. You're a role model, get with the system that is slowly becoming less hateful and baseless. I'm not politically correct, I also don't base my life off an ancient book.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thespygatetapes View Post
    All Jones essentially said was that he found the display with Sam on TV to be unappealing. That is really the essential information from his tweets. How he was suspended and punished for this is beyond me. What are the Dolphins saying? That the only acceptable view is to find two men kissing appealing and beautiful even if you are a heterosexual man? How absurd is this?

Jones wasn't punished because of what he said, he was punished because the Dolphins are scared, he is a sacrificial lamb to appease the media gods who are waiting to throw lightning down on anyone who doesn't walk lock step with their views on this issue.
    Yep
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by thespygatetapes View Post
    All Jones essentially said was that he found the display with Sam on TV to be unappealing. That is really the essential information from his tweets. How he was suspended and punished for this is beyond me. What are the Dolphins saying? That the only acceptable view is to find two men kissing appealing and beautiful even if you are a heterosexual man? How absurd is this?

Jones wasn't punished because of what he said, he was punished because the Dolphins are scared, he is a sacrificial lamb to appease the media gods who are waiting to throw lightning down on anyone who doesn't walk lock step with their views on this issue.
    The Dolphins are saying you're our an employee, don't act like a jack off. You don't wanna conduct yourself in a positive manner then revolt, and go find another job that'll pay you your 700k.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    People are stupid if they can't grasp the fact that these are employees of an organization and if they say things not in line with their organization's culture it is fully within their rights to discipline them. You're a role model, get with the system that is slowly becoming less hateful and baseless. I'm not politically correct, I also don't base my life off an ancient book.
    Don't blame the book unless you have studied it, because what you think your hearing is not coming from the book but from people's own hearts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team is an unmitigated disaster.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Don't blame the book unless you have studied it, because what you think your hearing is not coming from the book but from people's own hearts.
    Should I study Old man and the sea too? Become a fisherman and just trust Ernest Hemmingway?

Emotion doesn't come from your heart, it is shaped in your mind and it is shaped from a young age through the book.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins are saying you're our an employee, don't act like a jack off. You don't wanna conduct yourself in a positive manner then revolt, and go find another job that'll pay you your 700k.
    Hey it's not just the NFL so let's not run with that excuse there are many examples of being forced to behave in some fashion with fear as it's master for all of us. None of like being forced or threatened and Jones does not like it right now either I can bet you. Amazing all of this started with a guy walking out on his teammates mid season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Hey it's not just the NFL so let's not run with that excuse there are many examples of being forced to behave in some fashion with fear as it's master for all of us. None of like being forced or threatened and Jones does not like it right now either I can bet you. Amazing all of this started with a guy walking out on his teammates mid season.
    You run an organization...you make your money off the public, you have a responsibility to stakeholders to paint your team in the best light. Sure Jones is a scapegoat, but I don't side with him because he's an idiot for not being aware of the state the franchise is in and the shift in society to less oppressive, baseless viewpoints.

Don't see where you got me saying that this is only the NFL as an excuse...

And I think you just answered your own question, "none of (us) like being forced or threatened". Welcome to the life of gay people.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should I study Old man and the sea too? Become a fisherman and just trust Ernest Hemmingway?

Emotion doesn't come from your heart, it is shaped in your mind and it is shaped from a young age through the book.
    Sorry I should have explained a bit more to you. The commandments etc or Bible teachings that you are referring to in regards to the hate is because of the hard hearts of man and thus laws were written because of that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    I ponder this:

Let's say Manziel was drafted and proceeded in a similar manner with his girlfriend. A player tweets, "Get a room" or something along those lines. Anyone here really think that he would have been suspended for expressing his natural opinion on that matter?
    To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable. Ludwig van Beethoven

Quote Quote