Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Jones twitter account

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by knight6jb View Post
    Who determines what you should and should not be subjected to when watching a sporting event?
    Common sense.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    The Dolphins are saying you're our an employee, don't act like a jack off. You don't wanna conduct yourself in a positive manner then revolt, and go find another job that'll pay you your 700k.
    I disagree, what the Dolphins are saying is: "Don, we've had issues with the media recently and consequently we are basically terrified of incurring any more negative press, so even though you didn't actually say anything substantial or particularly heinous as it pertains to Sam we are going to punish you anyway because controversy is guilt when it comes to the media and if we don't get on this fast, they'll get on us."

Was Jones insensitive? Maybe to some people and I thought it was a poor choice of word, but this is the first time I've heard of insensitivity being grounds for fine and suspension. If Jones had tweeted "I'm happy Sam was drafted, but I don't need to see that" I think he probably would have received the same punishment or worse for being direct about it, that's what makes this so ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Shula View Post
    I ponder this:

Let's say Manziel was drafted and proceeded in a similar manner with his girlfriend. A player tweets, "Get a room" or something along those lines. Anyone here really think that he would have been suspended for expressing his natural opinion on that matter?
    No...because that's accepted by society. It's not a cultural perception that we are attempting to correct.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thespygatetapes View Post
    I disagree, what the Dolphins are saying is: "Don, we've had issues with the media recently and consequently we are basically terrified of incurring any more negative press, so even though you didn't actually say anything substantial or particularly heinous as it pertains to Sam we are going to punish you anyway because controversy is guilt when it comes to the media and if we don't get on this fast, they'll get on us."

Was Jones insensitive? Maybe to some people and I thought it was a poor choice of word, but this is the first time I've heard of insensitivity being grounds for fine and suspension. If Jones had tweeted "I'm happy Sam was drafted, but I don't need to see that" I think he probably would have received the same punishment or worse for being direct about it, that's what makes this so ridiculous.
    It's a touchy subject these days, you're a professional and you're representing a franchise that has recently gone through a **** storm. Momma always taught me, if you got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    No...because that's accepted by society. It's not a cultural perception that we are attempting to correct.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

It's a touchy subject these days, you're a professional and you're representing a franchise that has recently gone through a **** storm. Momma always taught me, if you got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.
    So there is an agenda?!

I agree with Momma. Especially today.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Shula View Post
    So there is an agenda?!

I agree with Momma. Especially today.
    Of course there's an agenda...just equal rights for people, there shouldn't need to be but that's how it is because people can't seem to get their head around two dudes ****ing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You run an organization...you make your money off the public, you have a responsibility to stakeholders to paint your team in the best light. Sure Jones is a scapegoat, but I don't side with him because he's an idiot for not being aware of the state the franchise is in and the shift in society to less oppressive, baseless viewpoints.

Don't see where you got me saying that this is only the NFL as an excuse...

And I think you just answered your own question, "none of (us) like being forced or threatened". Welcome to the life of gay people.
    My point was that you and I probably are being forced into certain behavior patterns everyday so it is not just the NFL doing it.
    Gay people make choices just like you and I and choices come with consequences. Now I am not going to get into a debate about that it's just a matter of life. I have a cousin who is a con artist whom I prefer not to be around as an example. While I will be polite at cousin reunions does not mean that I should have like her regardless of her behavior or not have the right to speak out about not liking con artist behavior. On the other hand if I con fronted that cousin about that behavior there would be consequences. Jones just paid that price and yes a few years ago Sam would have paid that price and probably is he just does not know it yet. Or maybe he does.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should I study Old man and the sea too? Become a fisherman and just trust Ernest Hemmingway?

Emotion doesn't come from your heart, it is shaped in your mind and it is shaped from a young age through the book.
    What does emotion have to do with any of this ??
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    My point was that you and I probably are being forced into certain behavior patterns everyday so it is not just the NFL doing it.
    Gay people make choices just like you and I and choices come with consequences. Now I am not going to get into a debate about that it's just a matter of life. I have a cousin who is a con artist whom I prefer not to be around as an example. While I will be polite at cousin reunions does not mean that I should have like her regardless of her behavior or not have the right to speak out about not liking con artist behavior. On the other hand if I con fronted that cousin about that behavior there would be consequences. Jones just paid that price and yes a few years ago Sam would have paid that price and probably is he just does not know it yet. Or maybe he does.
    Well if you don't have a grasp on basic biology I'm not gonna bother.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    What does emotion have to do with any of this ??
    Read what I replied to....gay people obviously bring up certain emotions in people.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You run an organization...you make your money off the public, you have a responsibility to stakeholders to paint your team in the best light. Sure Jones is a scapegoat, but I don't side with him because he's an idiot for not being aware of the state the franchise is in and the shift in society to less oppressive, baseless viewpoints.

Don't see where you got me saying that this is only the NFL as an excuse...

And I think you just answered your own question, "none of (us) like being forced or threatened". Welcome to the life of gay people.
    Hard to believe you are not getting the issue here. This is not about someone being gay, this is about using the NFL draft as a platform for his own political agenda. If you some how missed this as being a staged event then you aren't paying attention. To say we are headed towards a LESS oppresive society is just silly.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Hard to believe you are not getting the issue here. This is not about someone being gay, this is about using the NFL draft as a platform for his own political agenda. If you some how missed this as being a staged event then you aren't paying attention. To say we are headed towards a LESS oppresive society is just silly.
    The fundamental issue with all this is a lack of acceptance for him, that there's a need for him to come out to live as normal a life as he can. Political agenda yadayadayada, if he didn't have to live a life where he can't express who he is maybe he wouldn't need to come out and state it to the public. Gay rights do deserve a platform, same as any race deserves one.
    Quote Quote