Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Don Jones twitter account

1. -41
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    Of course there's an agenda...just equal rights for people, there shouldn't need to be but that's how it is because people can't seem to get their head around two dudes ****ing.
    My initial reaction is to correct you by saying, "equal rights for gays", because IMO Don Jones, as an individual person, was not treated rightfully so in his completely natural and, what I believe to be, a rather harmless remark. Seems like a very over-the-top irrational decision on the Dolphins/NFL part in trying to hard in pushing a PR issue.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Read what I replied to....gay people obviously bring up certain emotions in people.
    As do child molesters, politicians, or baptist preachers for that matter. But rules and guidelines shouldn't be created from emotions, they should be designed from fact. Emotions should have nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Don Jones twitter account

Keep your thoughts private. You represent an nfl team.

No wonder why we suck...our players are too focused on looking like idiots on social media or playing stupid pranks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    You run an organization...you make your money off the public, you have a responsibility to stakeholders to paint your team in the best light. Sure Jones is a scapegoat, but I don't side with him because he's an idiot for not being aware of the state the franchise is in and the shift in society to less oppressive, baseless viewpoints.
    Excellent points.
    To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable. Ludwig van Beethoven

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    As do child molesters, politicians, or baptist preachers for that matter. But rules and guidelines shouldn't be created from emotions, they should be designed from fact. Emotions should have nothing to do with it.
    What is fact? I'm pretty sure biology is fact...child molesters are committing a crime with someone who doesn't consent. It's such a stupid parallel.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fundamental issue with all this is a lack of acceptance for him, that there's a need for him to come out to live as normal a life as he can. Political agenda yadayadayada, if he didn't have to live a life where he can't express who he is maybe he wouldn't need to come out and state it to the public. Gay rights do deserve a platform, same as any race deserves one.
    LOL, what has that got to do with ANYTHING?? I am a straight guy, does that mean I have to throw my wife down in front of the camera when I get drafted and have sex with her in front of the country to prove I'm straight?? His actions had nothing to do with football, and it certainly wasn't normal behavior. His actions were immature and screaming for attention. The Rams should have released him on the spot, and if that had been a girl he was acting that way with they would have.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Shula View Post
    My initial reaction is to correct you by saying, "equal rights for gays", because IMO Don Jones, as an individual person, was not treated rightfully so in his completely natural and, what I believe to be, a rather harmless remark. Seems like a very over-the-top irrational decision on the Dolphins/NFL part in trying to hard in pushing a PR issue.
    You seem to be sane compared to the rest in here...and is it over the top? Ya sure, but you have to protect your billion dollar corporation's image and it isn't too much to ask from your players to exercise some common sense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody is saying Jones or anyone else has to AGREE WITH IT but people have to ACCEPT IT and realize everyone is different from themselves. There are things you just don't say on Social Media.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    LOL, what has that got to do with ANYTHING?? I am a straight guy, does that mean I have to throw my wife down in front of the camera when I get drafted and have sex with her in front of the country to prove I'm straight?? His actions had nothing to do with football, and it certainly wasn't normal behavior. His actions were immature and screaming for attention. The Rams should have released him on the spot, and if that had been a girl he was acting that way with they would have.
    No they wouldn't have...that's idiotic to think and self serving. You can go ahead and have a problem with how he conducted himself...but you have a remote, change the channel.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    does that mean I have to throw my wife down in front of the camera when I get drafted and have sex with her

If you're a real man, you will.

These threads need levity. Happy to do it.
    Quote Quote