Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 301

Thread: I'm officially no longer a supporter or fan of the Miami Dolphins!

  1. -261
    FearTheBeard's Avatar
    The Man - Formerly Grush

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    1,942
    vCash:
    10009
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    [QUOTE=phintim;1065081754]
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    What part of you thinks reciting scripture means anything to me? You might as well read me a passage from the Chronicles of Narnia. Back to your civilization crumbling argument which has already been addressed, every civilization not currently around has crumbled, and they haven't crumbled due to a lack of "faith". As I've asked, find something to support that rather than just throwing it around. Oppression is caused by religion, maybe just intolerant assholes who don't like anything different from what they do, but religion is at the root of it because nobody has any reason to have a problem with it. Especially if they're smart enough to understand genetics. Do me a favour and just try to be sexually into guys for a day, see if you can just "choose" to...because by your admission it's totally within your power to be attracted to whatever.

    The anger in your post implies that it has clouded your ablility to understand what I have written. You have passed judgement on the Christian faith that is the cause of your oppression but that is not true. If the Christian faith was truly being practiced by all we would not even be having this conversation right now. Certainly man in his heart has taken the Christian faith and perverted it in many cases to practice evil on his fellow man but that is not what it is all about. If you have anger over that then you are justified but look no further than your own brother or sister. Mankinds continued failing of building a better world is my proof. The Roman empire lasted over a thousand years, other empires and civilizations maybe longer and in the end they all crumbled. The argument you make about our own puny civilization barely over two hundred years old as the reason we will got it right this time in the grand scheme of things is fairly weak. Man cannot control his own greed which is why he needs God. Sorry wish is was a different story.
    As far as your challenge my reply is that Rome was not built in a day but Rome was built. I choose not to use my life applying it to something that does not matter or apply to me.
    Oppressing the Christian faith which you and others are implying is the cause of your unhappiness is a easy target but if you want to know the real reasons look elsewhere.
    A "weak" argument is what I keep hearing in this thread...god said this, it was written, all civilizations fail because they lose touch with god. That is all a load of crap. I'm not angry, I think it's fundamentally stupid that people can latch their wagon to the idea that a big guy just created everything. We're not here to be convinced, we've exercised our free will to think. I don't have a problem with people being religious (it blows my mind people are, but it's your life) but if you're going to argue with me don't recite scripture..I've made it pretty clear it means nothing to me because no bone in my body can take it as anything more than mythology. Everyone's an individual, you know what some people can control greed...and it's not cause god's pulling the strings, it's because of physiological factors. It sounds crazy.

    Rome was not built in a day but Rome was built..? Is that supposed to be a counterargument? I think you can do a little better considering that's been one of your main arguments. I think it's pretty clear that religion is at the root of the oppression of gays. Not every religious person is responsible for it, but it's a fact any person of faith would view gay people as sinners. There's no other group of hateful people like that in Western Society...it'd be nice since so many things from the bible have been twisted and turned over the years of Christians could simply twist yet another fallacy.

    But hey, you're not going to change my opinion and I'm not gonna change yours. We can leave it at that.

    Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

    LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

  2. -262
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,870
    vCash:
    4283
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I like your approach and I wish all Christians were as mindful and attempted to live their lives as Jesus lived his as you appear to. I've met some amazing Christians over he years, so I do get a bit agitated when atheists lump them all together with the outspoken evangelicals promising fire and brimstone. A lot of good work is done in this world by the hands of the faithful, I have witnessed it first hand.

    All that being said, I am not sure that there is any correlation between abortion and homosexuality. While abortion could also be considered a form of population control in a world that doesn't currently have a grip on population growth, it is different in the sense that abortion DOES harm another being, even if they are not fully formed yet. Homosexuality does not do that.

    I can understand why sexual promiscuity is a sin, because it is indeed harmful, whether through disease or loss of personal pride and the potential to being new life into a broken situation.

    But I think what happens with the debate on homosexuality is that people have this idea that all homosexuals are promiscuous. That is not really the case.

    Homosexuality does not equal "sex", just as heterosexuality does not equal "sex". It's about the relationships. The human need for companionship.

    I can think of no crueler fate than being forced to live my entire life without the companionship that every human requires.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was not attempting to lump abortion and homosexuality together. I was using abortion as a example of what I thought I understood at a time younger in my life and as my life changed so did my opinion. What you mentioned about living life without companionship I totally agree with and that was what I was trying to say earlier when I gave you my best guess on what a homosexual lifestyle removes from the table and that would be the companionship a man or woman looses with never having their own children. That last statement could cause you to throw me under the bus as a Christian and I understand that but on he other hand as a father I can not even begin to describe the emotional bond I have for my children that is just different than with other human relationships and has opened my eyes to many teachings of the Christian faith that was hard to comprehend earlier too. Let me put it this way my kids can mess around screwup and I will still love them and let them live in my house I will pay their bills but that is just not so easy for me to do that for others so much which you could make the case I should and be correct. I believe God looks at us the same way as all his children regardless of the paths in life we take. Not much else I can say except I hope you understand my examples and I do believe their are answers some very simple to the problems of overpopulation and global warming that you have brought up but it will take mankind bonding together to make it happen which has proven to be a tricky thing. I hope they do.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -263
    greasyObnoxious's Avatar
    I love lamp

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    6,036
    vCash:
    1224
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I have read pretty much the entire Bible, I am a Jesus fan, but not a Christian. I don't believe in all the supernatural aspects of the Bible as it doesn't jive with my understanding of reality and nature. I also have a great disdain for Saul of Tarsus who I believe co-opted the Jesus' movement and turned it into something it was not intended to be. Early Christianity was far different than it is today.

    Anyway, your argument on the inherent "wrongness" is rather weak. How do you know they were "intended" to have children? What if they are infertile, is it then permissible to be gay?

    As I've mentioned before, it's actually a good thing for the society at large for a big portion of the population not to procreate as population growth is at an unsustainable level. Soon we will not have the resources available to provide for the massive population size.

    It used to be that population growth was stymied by natural methods, early childhood deaths were common, the average lifespan was much shorter, but modern medicine has changed all that. Go look at a population growth chart. It is out of control.

    There are more people alive today than there have been people alive in all of human history combined. That's madness.

    So we actually NEED people to stop having babies. I personally think that homosexuality is one of nature's ways to keep the population in check.

    And what of the millions of orphaned children out there? Gay couples actually can provide those orphaned children with loving parents that will nurture them. A child without parents doesn't care if their parents are white, black, blue, straight or gay, they just want to be loved and comforted. Perhaps that is the role for gay parents who cannot biologically have their own children?

    So then again, I ask, where is the inherent "wrongness" of homosexuality?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that's a really interesting point btw








    OMG... Horrible

    Quote Quote  

  4. -264
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,931
    vCash:
    7600
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I have read pretty much the entire Bible, I am a Jesus fan, but not a Christian. I don't believe in all the supernatural aspects of the Bible as it doesn't jive with my understanding of reality and nature. I also have a great disdain for Saul of Tarsus who I believe co-opted the Jesus' movement and turned it into something it was not intended to be. Early Christianity was far different than it is today.

    Anyway, your argument on the inherent "wrongness" is rather weak. How do you know they were "intended" to have children? What if they are infertile, is it then permissible to be gay?

    As I've mentioned before, it's actually a good thing for the society at large for a big portion of the population not to procreate as population growth is at an unsustainable level. Soon we will not have the resources available to provide for the massive population size.

    It used to be that population growth was stymied by natural methods, early childhood deaths were common, the average lifespan was much shorter, but modern medicine has changed all that. Go look at a population growth chart. It is out of control.

    There are more people alive today than there have been people alive in all of human history combined. That's madness.

    So we actually NEED people to stop having babies. I personally think that homosexuality is one of nature's ways to keep the population in check.

    And what of the millions of orphaned children out there? Gay couples actually can provide those orphaned children with loving parents that will nurture them. A child without parents doesn't care if their parents are white, black, blue, straight or gay, they just want to be loved and comforted. Perhaps that is the role for gay parents who cannot biologically have their own children?

    So then again, I ask, where is the inherent "wrongness" of homosexuality?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Have a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Vaginas are so pretty and juicy, who would ever want to look at big, hairy balls???

    It's not natural!
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheBeard View Post
    What part of you thinks reciting scripture means anything to me? You might as well read me a passage from the Chronicles of Narnia. Back to your civilization crumbling argument which has already been addressed, every civilization not currently around has crumbled, and they haven't crumbled due to a lack of "faith". As I've asked, find something to support that rather than just throwing it around. Oppression is caused by religion, maybe just intolerant assholes who don't like anything different from what they do, but religion is at the root of it because nobody has any reason to have a problem with it. Especially if they're smart enough to understand genetics. Do me a favour and just try to be sexually into guys for a day, see if you can just "choose" to...because by your admission it's totally within your power to be attracted to whatever.


    ---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------



    You make a little too much sense, I think you're in the wrong place.
    536da700833bea2c40d99fada3d1266e.jpeg
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  5. -265
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,222
    vCash:
    50169
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin39 View Post
    Since I was a little kid watching the games with my grandfather I've been a 100% loyal fan.

    That is until yesterday! When Stephen Ross and Joe Philbin announced that they have FINED and SUSPENDED Don Jones for tweeting "omg, horrible" they in essence fined and suspended me!

    When one of their players expresses the same beliefs I share and is fined and suspended it is clear that they do NOT share the same moral values that I want my grandchildren taught. They, in essence, have said my moral values are wrong and my freedom of speech is not to be heard or expressed. This is exactly what they did to Don Jones!

    It is time to put and end to this nonsense and to draw a line in the sand. When a player stands up for something that is right and is fined and suspended, I will have no part in supporting Ross or the Miami Dolphins ever again.

    When I can no longer watch the draft with my own grandson without having to worry about him seeing images of two men, embraced and kissing, and having Ross not only support this act, but to actually fine and suspend a player for speaking out against it, it is time to root for another team.

    I will no longer support Ross or the Miami Dolphins.

    I hope many more fans are wiling to do the same!

    Who is willing to take the same stand?
    When will you be deleting your account here then?



    Quote Quote  

  6. -266
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,222
    vCash:
    50169
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin39 View Post
    God made man, he didn't make them a homosexual. The individual chooses who to have relations with. It is a choice.
    How would you even know this?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -267
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,222
    vCash:
    50169
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am more offended by Joe Philbin's game day management.
    You mean the win over San Diego too?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -268
    Dolphin39's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    1569
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    When will you be deleting your account here then?
    I don't have to root for this team to have an account.

    ---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    How would you even know this?
    Read the Bible and you will know it too.
    1972 Miami Dolphins - "Perfection"
    Quote Quote  

  9. -269
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,931
    vCash:
    7600
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin39 View Post
    I don't have to root for this team to have an account.

    ---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------



    Read the Bible and you will know it too.
    God wrote the Bible? I learned me sompin' taday.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -270
    Dolphin39's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,771
    vCash:
    1569
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    God wrote the Bible? I learned me sompin' taday.
    Yes you did; God did inspire the writing of the Bible.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins are officially the 2nd worst organization in the NFL
    By Tannchise in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
  2. Miami Dolphins to officially part ways with Chad Henne
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
  3. Miami Dolphins Officially Announce 11 Un-Drafted Free Agent Signings
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
  5. Clinton supporter stabs Obama supporter in the stomach.
    By Section126 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •