Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you Hickey

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    you know, the thing that bugs me the most is he has said over and over he did not want to be a distraction or stand out in the nfl and with his team, whoever chooses him [spoken pre draft].

and then he goes and kisses his boyfriend during the draft, on camera and then gets into a cake/face licking frenzy with him. theres laying low huh?

and now? for the ultimate keeping it low and not being a distraction..................., HE HAS GOTTEN HIS OWN REALITY SHOW ON THE OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK!!!

it was announced this morning. yea, way to go fisher. and its only going to get worse. no matter if anyone likes it or not, there are many guys on that team who are not down with him as a team mate. mostly because they knew it would be a circus and how often they are going to have to answer questions through out the year on what its like to play with sam, how is he fitting in. are there any more gay players on the team, etc.... . this tv show thing is going to hurt them almost beyond repair.

and of course, they cant voice concerns as they will lose their jobs and endorsements. this no u.s. constitution era is awsome huh?

so glad hickey wasnt the one to pull the trigger. i really feel bad for the rams players. some are ok with it all, no doubt, but, no matter what they think, they will suffer the same consequences as everyone else on the team when it all starts going south. as it already has!

there are gay players in the nfl and all sports. has been for a long time. and people have dealt with it. and sam saying he wanted to come in low profile? why the hell didnt he just come to play? why did he have to make this HUGE anouncement? when guys are seen by their team mates with other dudes, arm in arm, pictures of them with other men in their locker, etc....,they know he is gay. like all the rest have. so WHY the need for him to blow his horn and with the media soaked anouncement? this was calculated by him and his handlers. and that means the worst is yet to come for the saint louis rams.

what a mess. glad it aint us.
    Fantastic post. #gayagenda
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    can you imagine if RITCHIE INCOGNITO was still here and we drafted that goof sam?

sam would be wearing a jock strap around his face for all of training camp. not that i condone that, but, were talking incognito here.

ritchie with sam would have made martin-gate look like a booger huh? there isnt enough lawyers on the planet to deal with all the fall out from ritchie-sam gate.

just a thought. can you imagine?
    So Sam is the goof, but not the guy who blows all his money on hookers and blow... Mmmkay. The morality police are real twisted around these parts - they worship a guy who is broken nearly every commandment imaginable, but denigrate a guy in a committed relationship. Okie Doke.

Sam appears to be much more strong minded than Martin. He wouldn't have put up with Cog's BS. There wouldn't have been any issue at all.

A lot of you tend to sweep under the rug the courageousness of his coming out publicly, but it doesn't make it any less so. He is the only openly gay man in a league where half, if not more, find him reprehensible for simply being who he is. Not many people are able to walk into the fire like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FIRE FAILBIN
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was referring to Fisher, hence....right after Fisher's name

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrett82us View Post
    you lost me at doosh.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would suggest only about 3-5% of the population is actually gay, with another 3-5% being bisexual. My closest friend is a lesbian, and as I"ve said to her....don't push too hard, because eventually the 90% of the people who agree with the GLBT-whatever groups in theory, will get darn tired of hearing about how your an oppressed class. Accept the fact that some people need to have something to hate, let them live their lives and you live yours.

My ONLY issue with Michael Sam is that he's using his orientation to garner attention. I don't have a problem with people gaining notoriety....go....go do a reality show. But don't do it from the football field or the locker room, it's not fair to the rest of your team. I only think he's doing this because he knows deep down, being an NFL-er is not in the cards. He didn't create a circus when he was in college, he didn't affect his teammates then, why do it now if not for the belief your not going to be around for long anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    The Sam terrain, even without the theatrically-staged "kiss" before expectant ESPN and Oprah cameras, is such a treacherous PC landmine that IMO, there's a helluva lot more that can potentially go wrong with spending even a nearly worthless pick on him in this NFL/Oprah/ESPN-contrived dog and pony show....than can go right. Don Jones can attest to that, while I"m sure Darnell Dockett who's on record as refusing to apologize after tweaking folks by making inappropriate jokes is probably laughing his butt off. This event has pushed the Washington Redskins offensive name protests clear out of the headlines- just like Goodell wanted - transforming the NFL image as an intransigent, insensitive, racist league into one that's brave, tolerant and welcoming. Connect the dots.

As to Fisher, 6 actual winning seasons going on 19? Only available because the owner kicked him to the curb? Demanding front office oversight? I didn't want him to begin with!

Quote Quote