Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

1. -11
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeperImage View Post
    Maybe I'm alone on this, but I like the trash talking. I like end-zone celebrations, hell anything that makes for a good show. At the end of the day he is putting that more pressure on himself and his team to backup his claims.
    I like trash talking and all the rest of the shenanigans, but I think it should only come from players. After all they have the ability to actually back up their smack talk with game play. Coaches, not so much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    how about we move this into beasts of the east, before the inevitable can occur in our main forum?

------ Junc count down
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD1479 View Post
    sorry had to get it off my chest. Rex is already talking smack saying no ones going to want to play us. Article on NFL.com Theres nothing I hate more on earth than the NY Jets
    I didn't get to see the article, but you have to love Rex Ryan.

2009: Says that the Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and then several weeks later says they should be the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Wrong on both accounts.

2010: Says he sees a Jets Super Bowl trophy in his crystal ball. Wrong again!

2011: Says this time he knows the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. Wrong!

2011: Says that the Jets are better than the Giants and the Jets will beat them:

I have news for you. We are the better team. Were the big brother. People might say they are the big, bad Giants, but we are not the same old Jets. To me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and thats whats going to happen. I know its going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better.
    Jets go on to miss the playoffs while the Giants win the Super Bowl. Boy was he Wrong!

2011: Says the Ravens will beat the Patriots in the AFCC game. Wrong!

2012: Says this team has a chance to be the best team I've had since being the head coach. The Jets finish 6-10 with a buttfumble. Wrong!

2013: Tells players he believes he is getting fired. Wrong!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Middletown, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My response to Rex would be, "Win and then you can run your mouth."

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Rex is a good coach but the guy just never learns. Every time he opens up his mouth about his team, it backfires.
    except for 2009 and 2010. he didn't talk big the last 2 years, the only year it backfired was 2011. Talking doesn't win or lose games but rex talking again tells me he is confident in his team so I feel pretty good. I love rex, one of the best coaches in the league and the best thing to happen to my team in my lifetime.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD1479 View Post
    sorry had to get it off my chest. Rex is already talking smack saying no ones going to want to play us. Article on NFL.com Theres nothing I hate more on earth than the NY Jets
    Why does someone you don't even know in real life get so completely under your skin for making comments I'd expect any head football coach to make?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I didn't get to see the article, but you have to love Rex Ryan.

2009: Says that the Jets are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and then several weeks later says they should be the favorites to win the Super Bowl. Wrong on both accounts.

2010: Says he sees a Jets Super Bowl trophy in his crystal ball. Wrong again!

2011: Says this time he knows the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. Wrong!

2011: Says that the Jets are better than the Giants and the Jets will beat them:

Jets go on to miss the playoffs while the Giants win the Super Bowl. Boy was he Wrong!

2011: Says the Ravens will beat the Patriots in the AFCC game. Wrong!

2012: Says this team has a chance to be the best team I've had since being the head coach. The Jets finish 6-10 with a buttfumble. Wrong!

2013: Tells players he believes he is getting fired. Wrong!
    the Jets have been better than the Giants 3 of the 5 years Rex has been here.

talked big in 2009 and 2010, his team was one of the best in the league so the talk was backed up. the only year he talked and they didn't back it up was 2011.

he is a master motivator, when he told the team he thought he was getting fired it was to get his team to play for him, they finished 3-1 and knocked Miami out of the playoffs. you guys would kill to have a coach as good as him and you would have been a playoff team last year with him.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jMaL305 View Post
    Did you see their draft? I highly doubt they go 7-9 this year. I project the Bills doing much better than the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was on wfan, being interviewed by Mike Francesca. I didn't listen to it but heard he said the Jets are a playoff team. Just go to wfan.com and you can see the interview. He never learns.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Jets have just as much question marks surrounding the team as the Dolphins.

Can Geno Smith grown?

Can the Pass Defense improve?

Do they have legit WR's?

etc.....
    absolutely we have questions but we have boatloads more talent than last year and a top notch coaching staff so I expect the playoffs this year but we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    except for 2009 and 2010. he didn't talk big the last 2 years, the only year it backfired was 2011. Talking doesn't win or lose games but rex talking again tells me he is confident in his team so I feel pretty good. I love rex, one of the best coaches in the league and the best thing to happen to my team in my lifetime.
    Coaches shouldn't talk it puts a big X on his team's backs.
    Quote Quote