Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    Coaches shouldn't talk it puts a big X on his team's backs.
    I am not a trash talker and I don't love it normally but it is who rex is and I don't want hi to change. he has dialed it back but I want old rex back. His players love it and that is what is most important.

The Jets did not lose any games b/c of rex talking. No team had more motivation to beat the Jets after rex talked than NE in the '10 playoffs and the jets manhandled them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the Jets have been better than the Giants 3 of the 5 years Rex has been here.

talked big in 2009 and 2010, his team was one of the best in the league so the talk was backed up. the only year he talked and they didn't back it up was 2011.

he is a master motivator, when he told the team he thought he was getting fired it was to get his team to play for him, they finished 3-1 and knocked Miami out of the playoffs. you guys would kill to have a coach as good as him and you would have been a playoff team last year with him.
    He made the comments about being better than the Giants in 2011. The Giants have been better every year since, except this past year when the Jets finished 1 game ahead. The Giants also have won a Super Bowl win to show off while Rex and the Jets have nothing.

How did that master motivation work out when the Jets needed to beat the Giants to make the playoffs?

He predicted Super Bowl wins in 2009 and 2010, so no, he didn't back it up.

No, you guys can keep him. I don't want a coach like Rex. We could do worse if Ross decides to go in another directions next year, but Rex hasn't proven to me that he is a great head coach. There is a decent chance that Rex will be available next year. I just hope Ross isn't desperate enough to bring him in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Why does someone you don't even know in real life get so completely under your skin for making comments I'd expect any head football coach to make?
    Because I'm a 43 year old true DOLFAN from NY who can't stand the Jests. It's May and he's talking like hes coming off a dominating Super Bowl win. Yes/no smack talk is good but in May. It's PATHETIC like their franchise and their fans
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    He made the comments about being better than the Giants in 2011. The Giants have been better every year since, except this past year when the Jets finished 1 game ahead. The Giants also have won a Super Bowl win to show off while Rex and the Jets have nothing.

How did that master motivation work out when the Jets needed to beat the Giants to make the playoffs?

He predicted Super Bowl wins in 2009 and 2010, so no, he didn't back it up.

No, you guys can keep him. I don't want a coach like Rex. We could do worse if Ross decides to go in another directions next year, but Rex hasn't proven to me that he is a great head coach. There is a decent chance that Rex will be available next year. I just hope Ross isn't desperate enough to bring him in.
    he wrote a book after the 2010 season w/ those comments, the were pretty even in 2011 but the Giants had the luxury of playing in a weak division and winning a div title w/ 9 wins then getting hot and winning the SB, NYG was better in '12, NYJ was better in '13.

he didn't predict SB wins, he talked about winning SBs. the only year he came out and "guaranteed" a SB win was at the 2011 combine.

you can have all the post shula coaches you have had which is why you haven't even been close to a conf title game.

rex is one of the best HCs in the league, he had some of the worst talent in the l4eague last year and finished in 2nd place while offseason champ Miami missed the playoffs and finished behind the Jets again. if last year didn't prove it I don't know what will prove it for you. he has done his best work the last 2 years despite not having his best records.

Ross has the next dynamic hot, old assistant ready to bring in when he fires mr. personality after this season

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TPD1479 View Post
    Because I'm a 43 year old true DOLFAN from NY who can't stand the Jests. It's May and he's talking like hes coming off a dominating Super Bowl win. Yes/no smack talk is good but in May. It's PATHETIC like their franchise and their fans
    says the guy celebrating SBs from 40 years ago in his avatar.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to mention if we didn't lay an egg last game he prob would have been fired

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

he wrote a book after the 2010 season w/ those comments, the were pretty even in 2011 but the Giants had the luxury of playing in a weak division and winning a div title w/ 9 wins then getting hot and winning the SB, NYG was better in '12, NYJ was better in '13.

he didn't predict SB wins, he talked about winning SBs. the only year he came out and "guaranteed" a SB win was at the 2011 combine.

you can have all the post shula coaches you have had which is why you haven't even been close to a conf title game.

rex is one of the best HCs in the league, he had some of the worst talent in the l4eague last year and finished in 2nd place while offseason champ Miami missed the playoffs and finished behind the Jets again. if last year didn't prove it I don't know what will prove it for you. he has done his best work the last 2 years despite not having his best records.

Ross has the next dynamic hot, old assistant ready to bring in when he fires mr. personality after this season

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

says the guy celebrating SBs from 40 years ago in his avatar.
    Still not as long as your joke of a team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to mention if we didn't lay an egg last game he prob would have been fired

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Still not as long as your joke of a team.
    That egg was courtesy of rex having his team ready to play and badly outplaying a much more talented team on the road.

almost the same amount of time actually, we won ours 46 years ago, you won your last one 41 years ago. I will be 40 in the coming years and I was not alive for any of them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That egg was courtesy of rex having his team ready to play and badly outplaying a much more talented team on the road.

almost the same amount of time actually, we won ours 46 years ago, you won your last one 41 years ago. I will be 40 in the coming years and I was not alive for any of them.
    The egg was courtesy of a thin Oline and players tired of dealing with bullygate. And fact is if Wallace catches that bomb from Tannehill it's 14-0 game over. But that's the past
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The egg was courtesy of a thin Oline and players tired of dealing with bullygate. And fact is if Wallace catches that bomb from Tannehill it's 14-0 game over. But that's the past
    the thin line that dominated one of the best DLs in the game and you guys beat NE and needed one win after that, bully gate was in the distant past at that point.

Ryan can't throw a deep ball, if he could you skate to the playoffs last year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't mind him saying these things. Its just Rex being Rex. You either love or hate the guy there is no grey area imo.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote