Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Jones back with Dolphins

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    guess eveyone needs to start appreciating men making out. I cant wait till SAM gets married on TV.
    You astound me with laughter. You can appreciate men making out as much as i would appreciate watching you make out with your manly looking wife- not at all but with all the respect of STFU, keep the comments to yourself/in your home.

Obviously dunno what ur wife looks like it just worked out well fir the above.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC111 View Post
    No one stopped him from voicing his opinion, and he can voice it again anytime he chooses.
    ?? Huh?? I think the dolphin's disagree.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dockett is complete D-bag, F dockett

That was before I knew that info

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OnDaChainWax View Post
    Panic move? Have you not been paying attention ?

Say you have a young teenage child that burns the kitchen badly lighting the gas stove. You decree to all of your children that using the gas stove without an adult around is strictly forbidden. A month later you arrive home from work to find your 12 year old trying to cook pasta while mom is taking a nap. still not time to make an example, apply extreme punishment, exaggerate to clarify?
    Horrible comparison. The 12 year old wasn't trying to cook pasta, the 12 year old only said "I think I would like some pasta". See this isn't an issue of actions, this is an issue of opinion, and that's the part that is so offensive.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as Sam is free to kiss a girl or a boy, We are free to have an opinnion. It is why USA fight for in every war right... FREEDOM...
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Horrible comparison. The 12 year old wasn't trying to cook pasta, the 12 year old only said "I think I would like some pasta". See this isn't an issue of actions, this is an issue of opinion, and that's the part that is so offensive.
    Ktown, i love you brotha but you your bulb aint too bright as it pertains to this situation. Im not offending you. I am a complete idiot when it comes to math. We all have our weaknesses. we should be courageous enough to cop up to them when we are called on them and they are true.

The action was tweeting, K. Come on, dude. Id rather you call me a fa@@et than assert something as dim as your reply.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    305 S.Mia all day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwr4 View Post
    As long as Sam is free to kiss a girl or a boy, We are free to have an opinnion. It is why USA fight for in every war right... FREEDOM...
    You dont have the freedom to harass/persecute another which, if you were in a colleague of Sam, you may be guilty of doing.

Again, you shmos with the opinion crap are missing the forest for the trees.

Just incase youre blind (size wont help stupid). You do not have "freedom of speech" in your work place. You signed a contract (yes those papers human resource made you sign way back when when you were hired is a contract) and though you may not be in violation of a constitutional right if you call Helga in Accounting a dragon-breathed dyke, you would be in violation of workplace "law".
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OnDaChainWax View Post
    You dont have the freedom to harass/persecute another which, if you were in a colleague of Sam, you may be guilty of doing.

Again, you shmos with the opinion crap are missing the forest for the trees.

Just incase youre blind (size wont help stupid). You do not have "freedom of speech" in your work place. You signed a contract (yes those papers human resource made you sign way back when when you were hired is a contract) and though you may not be in violation of a constitutional right if you call Helga in Accounting a dragon-breathed dyke, you would be in violation of workplace "law".
    I disagree, maybe you are right from a strict law point of view, I don't know.
    First of all, it is not personal vs any group or anybody. Second, I don't know what kind of organization you work for, but it is fine to have an opinion as long as you don't bother the other person.

and from your point of view, maybe, just maybe you are harassing/persecuting me?

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand...

1. The first amendment only applies in the eyes of the law, what that means is one can not be be charged for what they say...Don Jones was not arrested/charged/prohibited/ or prosecuted in any way by the US government/State Government/local municipalities. Employers can have specific rules and certain standards in which they hold their employees, the first amendment does not prevent one from consequences from practicing said right, employees can be fired, a person can be banned from a specific place, a student can be suspended....

2. The Dolphins themselves are a private organization with a very public image and can punish employees how they see fit for going against standards they have set. Mr. Jones rights do not apply to employment....granted over the years the US has passed laws to prevent extreme treatment of employees, but I don't think a 10 day suspension and a sensitivity coarse fall under extreme.

The Miami Dolphins is a privately owned corporation that has said standards.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    ?? Huh?? I think the dolphin's disagree.
    I don't understand how people are always so confused about this. The Dolphins can't stop Jones from saying anything he pleases. If Jones chooses to do so, he can go off on gays in as vile and vicious way as he wants and the Dolphins can't stop him. What they can do, however, is consequence him. But what folks need to understand is that those consequences are working conditions Jones agreed to when he signed his contract. If the Dolphins did something in conflict with the players' collective bargaining agreement, the union would have been all over it.
    Jim

"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

The Evolution of the Tannehill Booster

First Stage: Tannehill is going to be a star in this league.
    Second Stage: Tannehill is better than RGIII, Wilson, etc.
    Third Stage: Tannehill is better than some other AFC East quarterback except Tom Brady.
    Fourth Stage: Tannehill isn't the only problem on the team.

Not even their mothers can tell them apart.
    Quote Quote