Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who would you have drafted?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ja'wuan James

30 61.22%
  • Brandin Cooks and a tackle later

19 38.78%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ja'wuan James vs Brandin Cooks

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    neither player. James is nothing special just another guy and trading out of that pick was best option
    A tad little premature on that evaluation on James, don't you think? Especially when you consider in college, he played the position he will be playing in the NFL as well as anyone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    people act like we havent drafted linemen.
    1st overall.....4 straight probowls.
    15th overall...considered one of the best at his position right now.
    77th overall...Might start this year, but still to be seen.
    42nd overall...Garbage, weak (as a player and human being), pretty much a snake.
    73rd overall...Inconsistant.
    110th overall...worthless.

all since 2008
    Basically of all those players, seems the ones in the 1st round actually worked out better then 2nd round and beyond, so maybe taking a chance on another 1st round talent for the position we need the most might not be a bad idea.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'll take James b/c that pick led to Landry. I'll take work ethic and by far the most exceptional hands out of all 2014 drafted WR's (only 2.5% drop rate @ LSU. Well to do college WR's avg 6-7%) over a little flash n dash any day. Plus, you can't ask too much more out of James so far as he looks to start from day one at RT (though, it could be argued that wasn't a difficult spot to upend).

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandin Cooks is gonna light it up in this league imo
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well...it's early but they both appear to be good players.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cooks is the superior player but I can see why James was the pick. He's a good starting right tackle and it was a HUGE need. This is one of the rare cases where need outweighs BPA because your quarterback was sacked 58 times the year before. I had him as a mid/late round 1st so it's not like they reached for him, he's a plug and play RT. If they would have been able to seal the deal with Zach Strief, then Cooks should have been the pick. James was a good pick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannenballs View Post
    Cooks is the superior player but I can see why James was the pick. He's a good starting right tackle and it was a HUGE need. This is one of the rare cases where need outweighs BPA because your quarterback was sacked 58 times the year before. I had him as a mid/late round 1st so it's not like they reached for him, he's a plug and play RT. If they would have been able to seal the deal with Zach Strief, then Cooks should have been the pick. James was a good pick.
    Simple minded fantasy football analysis.

James was a great pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Shula View Post
    Simple minded fantasy football analysis.

James was a great pick.
    Not at all. Cooks was the best route runner and YAC receiver in the draft. Sure handed and has OUTSTANDING athleticism. 4.31 40, 36 inch vertical, 3.81 20 yard shuttle, and 6.76 3 cone are unreal #s. Not taking anything away from James but saying that is simple minded fantasy football analysis you're ****ing high. Cooks is better than any receiver on the roster right now. I still like the James pick but NO ONE had James rated as a higher prospect. I'm not taking anything away from James he will be a good starting RT long term. And it was a huge need. I get the pick. It was a good one. But no one anywhere had Ja'Wuan James rated as a better prospect than Brandin Cooks. Why don't you ask TedSlimmJr., Ckparrothead, or Hooshoops who is the BETTER PROSPECT OVERALL?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not at all. Cooks was the best route runner and YAC receiver in the draft. Sure handed and has OUTSTANDING athleticism. 4.31 40, 36 inch vertical, 3.81 20 yard shuttle, and 6.76 3 cone are unreal #s. Not taking anything away from James but saying that is simple minded fantasy football analysis you're ****ing high. Cooks is better than any receiver on the roster right now. I still like the James pick but NO ONE had James rated as a higher prospect. I'm not taking anything away from James he will be a good starting RT long term. And it was a huge need. I get the pick. It was a good one. But no one anywhere had Ja'Wuan James rated as a better prospect than Brandin Cooks. Why don't you ask TedSlimmJr., Ckparrothead, or Hooshoops who is the BETTER PROSPECT OVERALL?
    Hey now. Don't disparage the weed smokers.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cooks was my pick.....but it's hard to criticize the James pick with the much needed improvement in the O-line we've seen so far.
    Quote Quote