Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What rules....Your heart or your he

1. -1
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks

What rules....Your heart or your he

AND THE TITLE SHOULD SAY Head....

Need points of view please ladies and gents.

Have a dilemma at work. My office has been closed down, and have been told that I can transfer anywhere in the state to continue work. It's an opportunity to go wherever I want, at virtually no out of pocket costs to me.

The issue is.

I love where I am living, although renting, it suits me. I can find work anywhere in any of the offices in Sydney, so work locations are not an issue in Sydney.

This is is where it gets hard.

I am seeing a lady, have been for some time, but it's a very complicated issue. We are both committed to each other, but she won't commit for at least another 5 years. Her kid is in year 6, and she is in a rough relationship but won't leave till her kid finishes school. Her partner is a jerk. I want to stay here for her, because each time I go away with work, she is given grief and there is sfa I can do till I get back and be there for her.

The dilema is I have bought a house 4 hours away, and I have been offered a strait up transfer to an office 30 minutes away from the house. I have extend family within an hour of there, and it's a country location, a place where I want to retire too.

So. Do I move west and live in my house, enjoy the country lifestyle, drop about 15k a year in money, leave the girl behind and try the long distance relationship thing or do I stay in Sydney, earns better money, stay and pray that she leaves her jerk of a partner before the 5 years is up.

opinions please. I am a bit torn...
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    AND THE TITLE SHOULD SAY Head....

Need points of view please ladies and gents.

You go with neither your heart or head. You go with your gut.

How old are you? If you are young, then I imagine you bought the house in the country as a later plan. If you're not, and your plan is to move into that house within the next few years anyway, then go ahead and do it a little early. Your job will be 30 min away from the house and life is sooo good when you don't have to commute. But it all depends on your lifestyle, what you want right now. If you want the city life then stay in Sidney.

As far as your relationship, you're not in one if she has a partner and a kid. She's also told you she's not ready to commit for several years. That's basically walking papers for you. Run away from this relationship as fast as you can.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take the job near the house, trust me, you'll thank yourself later.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dylan and Honey B speak the truth, go to your home. If she loves you, she will follow you. If she doesn't, then she is using you as a crutch to make up for her dysfunctional life. Take the bull by the horns and live your life. If she is supposed to be with you, she will find a way to be with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take the job.

Crazy women gonna be crazy regardless of anything. She crazy. Run.

Women who say they will leave the person they're with but need to "wait until the time is right" will never leave that person until it is far too late.

Trust me on this.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Dylan and Honey B speak the truth, go to your home. If she loves you, she will follow you. If she doesn't, then she is using you as a crutch to make up for her dysfunctional life. Take the bull by the horns and live your life. If she is supposed to be with you, she will find a way to be with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Crutch is exactly what it sounds like to me. A woman who wants to be appealing to a man and respected by the man will make her life sound as nice as possible. A woman who mainly wants help, will point out how abusive her partner is and how unlucky/unfortunate her life is.

Unfortunately people can be used not just as lovers, but as resources. If you meet someone, and their life is severely lacking in some way, or in turmoil all the time, then you are a resource. We like to think it's our winning personality and good looks that attract certain people, but often times it's our loyalty and stability.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    don't sacrifice your own life.

OMG... Horrible

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't want to be with a woman who stays with her partner because of their child.

When growing up a child needs to see examples of what their life might be like in the future, and I guarantee what that child sees is not a relationship built on love and trust, but a relationship built on convenience. I don't ever want my child thinking it's ok or better to stay in a loveless relationship because of convenience. I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks this is normal behavior and would have ended that relationship a long long time ago.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    If the woman leaves her guy for you stay If not tell her you will commit to her in 5 years... and I'm a complete sop lol
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Run, don't walk - RUN!!!
    2014 Goals: