Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Ever struggle to be able to afford to take a job that you wanted?

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Ever struggle to be able to afford to take a job that you wanted?

So a good friend of mine was elected recently, I have done some work with him in the past and he has made it very clear that he wants me to move across the UK and work for him as a key figure in his office! Wonderful! Im finishing "college" this month and I am now in a position to walk into a good job, with full stability for 5 years and to be blunt... good money for someone straight out of College in this economy.

However... there's an issue. Im broke... im a student, I don't have 2p my name. To take this job I gotta move to England, get an apartment, food, electricity etc and generally pay to live for a month! As this is politics things are very tightly regulated so im not able to be paid a relocation bonus or anything like that.... which is freaking annoying. He would gladly pay me some money to make life easier for me, but he simply is not allowed to.

So im a bit stuck. Once I get my job and work for a month money wont be an issue, but moving away from my family to the area and getting set up + basic cost of living.... well I can't afford it.... and its really annoying

Anyone else ever have a strange situation like this?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I asked for advice on this forum, now it's my turn to offer some.

If you are guaranteed 5 years work on good money, then move heaven and earth to get that job. If you succeed in that after 5 years, then people who watch, will notice whatever ability you show, and things will get better again.

If you can get a loan from the bank to set yourself up then do it.

Good luck mate.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Not sure how the UK banks work but I am going to assume it is similar to the US. This is a **** option I am about to suggest but it's the only one I have to offer. Just short of family coming together and helping you move out there that is. Find out how much it will cost to move out there. Cost to transport personal belongings, first and last months rent, deposit, unities, food. Everything. Now don't shoot me, but ask the bank for a personal loan. I know, I know not the best idea. However if the job is as good as you say it is it probably won't be too hard to pay off. Depending on how far the move is it shouldn't cost too much. To be honest I would make this a last resort option. I would be hitting up friends and family to see if they would be willing to help you get out there. Talk to your friend that wants to hire you. He might even have some ideas on how to get you out there even if he can't help out with actual money.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sell some valuables like jewelry on Craigslist that can fetch some $cratch, or pawn them . Sell some blood, donate some sperm, offer to tutor lower classmen for a stipend. In London, short term until you build up a war chest, find a cheap week to week or month to month room for rent in someone's home where you can pay in intervals coinciding with your weekly paychecks. This is of course if you can't borrow from friends and relatives which is the best alternative. If you're certain of your future cash flow, sweeten the pot by offering to pay them back something like 120-125% of their loan within 3 months...justifiable since it's an investment in your future. Of course you could sell a kidney or auction off your virginity on ebay also

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    the bills continue to line up. Need to put the car on the ferry, a deposit for a house, at least 3 new suits, buy a bed etc :o

So I did the mature thing, borrowed near two thousand from my Granny lol I will pay her back when I get paid. I really didn't wanna ask, but my parents didn't have the cash and they said to ask her. Feel a bit bad about it for some reason

It must not be fun to be seriously in debt. Just the cost of taking this job has had me fretting and getting mad for a week. Cant imagine the stress of not being able to pay your mortgage.

I have nearly a 2k bank overdraft that needs paid off as well. However if I put my head down and spend bugger all I should be completely debt free by october
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Surely someone in a political career could figure out a clever way to swindle some cash from other pools of money to cover the relocation costs.

Trust me, I work for the government as well.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can whore yourself out to 200 fat chicks for a 100 bucks each or 20 really fat chicks for 1000 bucks each!
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles,CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Fin View Post
    You can whore yourself out to 200 fat chicks for a 100 bucks each or 20 really fat chicks for 1000 bucks each!

...how do you think he put himself through college...just kidding uk...good luck bro...
    thanks for the sig like2god

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    So a good friend of mine was elected recently, I have done some work with him in the past and he has made it very clear that he wants me to move across the UK and work for him as a key figure in his office! Wonderful! Im finishing "college" this month and I am now in a position to walk into a good job, with full stability for 5 years and to be blunt... good money for someone straight out of College in this economy.

However... there's an issue. Im broke... im a student, I don't have 2p my name. To take this job I gotta move to England, get an apartment, food, electricity etc and generally pay to live for a month! As this is politics things are very tightly regulated so im not able to be paid a relocation bonus or anything like that.... which is freaking annoying. He would gladly pay me some money to make life easier for me, but he simply is not allowed to.

So im a bit stuck. Once I get my job and work for a month money wont be an issue, but moving away from my family to the area and getting set up + basic cost of living.... well I can't afford it.... and its really annoying

Anyone else ever have a strange situation like this?
    Sleep in your car, son. I've done it before.
    My rational was "Pffft....I'd've paid a King's Ransom to sleep in a perfectly nice car when I was
    in the Army and it was freezing cold/raining/freezing cold and raining.....

Up on the mealie bags with your mates, lad.

ETA; You don't need three suits.
    You need three ties.

Quote Quote