Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 2 Info

1. -21
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I would say more established. Honestly I think True Detective is better than Breaking Bad. Probably not in the lead actor category, but as an overall series TD is much better.
    We'll have to disagree on that. As much as I loved True Detective, Breaking Bad was one of the most original, most consistent, best written, and best acted shows I've ever seen. Further, it nailed the landing, IMO. That is insanely hard to do. Just ask Dexter.

Man, this year, several of my favorite shows are coming to an end, or have already. It started with Dexter's godawful ending (literally one of the worst I've ever seen), Breaking Bad's fantastic ending (his scene with his wife in the end was one of the best scene's in TV history, IMO), True Blood (the best most can hope for: a mediocre, kinda boring ending), Mad Men is coming up, and Parks & Rec, Sons of Anarchy, and Boardwalk Empire are entering their final season.

Luckily, there are some great shows that just got started: Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, TD, and Fargo to go along with the staples: GoT, Louie, Veep, Arrested Development getting another season, and Community being picked up by Yahoo (though I hope they improve their godawful player). Oh, and Better Call Saul.

I may watch too much TV.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    We'll have to disagree on that. As much as I loved True Detective, Breaking Bad was one of the most original, most consistent, best written, and best acted shows I've ever seen. Further, it nailed the landing, IMO. That is insanely hard to do. Just ask Dexter.

Man, this year, several of my favorite shows are coming to an end, or have already. It started with Dexter's godawful ending (literally one of the worst I've ever seen), Breaking Bad's fantastic ending (his scene with his wife in the end was one of the best scene's in TV history, IMO), True Blood (the best most can hope for: a mediocre, kinda boring ending), Mad Men is coming up, and Parks & Rec, Sons of Anarchy, and Boardwalk Empire are entering their final season.

Luckily, there are some great shows that just got started: Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, TD, and Fargo to go along with the staples: GoT, Louie, Veep, Arrested Development getting another season, and Community being picked up by Yahoo (though I hope they improve their godawful player). Oh, and Better Call Saul.

I may watch too much TV.
    Actually some of the non primetime shows have been pretty well done and compelling also: namely The Bridge, Tyrant, Motive, Gang Related, Longmire, Murder In The First and Hell On Wheels to name several. I'm on the recumbent early most mornings for an hour to 1:15 and it's great to be able to queue up these shows On Demand

"Don't take QB advice from the guy who wants to sleep with Mark Sanchez!"
    CooterHooterKnocker, Buffalo Range member, 10-4-2014

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Actually some of the non primetime shows have been pretty well done and compelling also: namely The Bridge, Tyrant, Motive, Gang Related, Longmire, Murder In The First and Hell On Wheels to name several. I'm on the recumbent early most mornings for an hour to 1:15 and it's great to be able to queue up these shows On Demand
    I tried Gang Related, Longmire, and Hell on Wheels, but just couldn't get into them. I especially liked Hell on Wheels premise, but was really bored by the first few episodes, so never stuck with it. Did it get better? Kind of the same with Longmire. I do want to give Tyrant and the Bridge a try though. Just need to find the time to fit them all in.

I also want to try Orange is the New Black and The Knick, a lot of which was filmed around my neighborhood. It was pretty cool walking through the period sets.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tried Gang Related, Longmire, and Hell on Wheels, but just couldn't get into them. I especially liked Hell on Wheels premise, but was really bored by the first few episodes, so never stuck with it. Did it get better? Kind of the same with Longmire. I do want to give Tyrant and the Bridge a try though. Just need to find the time to fit them all in.

I also want to try Orange is the New Black and The Knick, a lot of which was filmed around my neighborhood. It was pretty cool walking through the period sets.
    Hell on Wheels can be trite at times and stretch a premise, but there's sufficient atmosphere, cinemetogrpahy, gratuitious violence and "what comes next-ism" to keep me checking in. I am a Craig Johnson fan so I enjoy Longmire the same way I do Justified as the late great Elmore Leonard is my all time favorite author. Tyrant is very atmospheric and somewhat predictable but it's pretty riveting. The Bridge for me has been great.. a lot darker than last season with a good continuing edge of your seat story line. It also reminds me of an Elmore Leonard type book where even the bad guys have some human sides and humanity. Check it out. Murder in the First just wound down... filmed in SF and a pretty good story line.

FWIW,I forget the name of the movie, but the one starring Melissa McCarthy and Bill Murray was filmed around Marine Park and Sheepshead Bay. Will be released next year I think.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Longmire got canceled. i thought it was pretty good but what do i know.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    That's a bummer especially with the cliffhanger they set up but I read that the producers are trying to shop the show elsewhere. Who knows, maybe it'll show up on Netflix like The Killing

FWIW, I was getting ready to start Ray Donovan and stumbled onto an old HBO British limited series that I somehow missed in '07, Five Days, which is pretty compelling so Ray will wait awhile longer.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

I may watch too much TV.
    I watch most of the shows you listed. Just finished my Sons of Anarchy marathon. Game of Thrones is still my #1 currently running show.

That True Detective season is one of the single best seasons of any show I've watched and I've watched all the classics. If they can keep it up, I could definitely see it passing Breaking Bad, although that will be pretty hard to to with out Matt and Woody.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    And now Gang Related is gone too.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Colin Farrell Officially Joins On For 'True Detective' Season 2

We officially have one half of #TrueDetectiveSeason2. Colin Farrell has confirmed his role in the show in an interview with The Sunday World.

“I know it will be eight episodes and take around four or five months to shoot," he said, "I know very little about it, but we’re shooting in the environs of Los Angeles which is great. It means I get to stay at home and see the kids.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5857590.html

As stated it wont be the same without Woody and McConaughey but let's see what they come up with.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be really cool if they stuck a few easter eggs here and there in reference to season 1. I just hope it's somewhere near the quality of that one. HBO is kind of pissing me off with the way they've kind of screwed the pooch with Boardwalk Empire.
    Quote Quote