Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Can Miami Win AFC East ??????

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    I disagree with the folks who say that we cant beat the Pats as long as Brady is playing. He's only human. He is a great QB, but he's not infallible. Proof is he's been beaten by this division and outside of our division. Its not like he cant be beat. Problem is, we haven't been good enough most of the time. If our QB is legit as well as other variables turn up solid, we have a very good chance at beating them out. But those are big IF's. If our QB ****s himself and/or the other question marks come up as failures, then it'll be another season of disappointment. It aint up to Brady, its up to the Dolphins whether they want to succeed or not, injury bug dependent.
    Pretty sure people mean miami can't beat brady, for the division. Not just straight up. Brady can be beat, but not more than 5 or 6 times a year, sometimes less.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    When they interviewed the eagles players last off season I was completely surprised by how they spoke about that QB competition.

I don't see any way that geno beats him out legitimately and there ALREADY is stuff that's been said by Vick and Geno about that competition and it hasn't even really started yet.

The ny media will do whatever it takes to get good quotes and ignite controversy.

Who is 'Everybody', all of the NFL the players I've heard or read from speak about Vick.
    supposedly Geno outplayed him in OTAs not that it means a heck of a lot but the team understands what is going on. Vick will have to badly outplay geno in camp to win the job. As long as we win I don't care but for the long term prospects I am rooting for Geno.

The NY media will always try to stir up controversy, it happened when we were good and it happened when w were bad. If either isn't mentally tough enough to handle it we are in trouble.

Everyone around the team.

I disagree with the folks who say that we cant beat the Pats as long as Brady is playing. He's only human. He is a great QB, but he's not infallible. Proof is he's been beaten by this division and outside of our division. Its not like he cant be beat. Problem is, we haven't been good enough most of the time. If our QB is legit as well as other variables turn up solid, we have a very good chance at beating them out. But those are big IF's. If our QB ****s himself and/or the other question marks come up as failures, then it'll be another season of disappointment. It aint up to Brady, its up to the Dolphins whether they want to succeed or not, injury bug dependent.
    He and NE can beat in a particular game but over 16 games? they are an incredible reg season team.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    offensive schemes gonna have to be good against the pats cause our guys are gonna have problems getting off physical coverage on the outside with revis and browner...heavy motion and movement is a must to get them off coverage...run stacks line up the slot off the los etc to try and get free releases...pats in press man against our for the most part finesse wr core will be a force...would't surprise me if the pats tried to cover clay with that lb collins i think his name is...rediculous athlete there

pats should be able to spread us out on d and run the ball down our throats so when we do get them in passing downs and distances pass rush must get home...gonna be hard though with those 2 starting tackles the pats have which are both high end players...

mccourty will be more free to roam and attack this year than prior cause they will trust those corners to win on the outside one on one more and they will take their chances in the slot where we must make hay whoever lines up there for us...pats 2 deep at corner as in top 4 is really solid now

i'd expect a big year for mccourty with how much he will be allowed to free lance and jump things...
    I agree with your assessment hoops. But if Landry learns the playbook quickly and Gibson is healthy, I think we should have a good slot match up most of the time.

Lazor's use of varied formations and motion will make us far harder to gameplan against and even against Belichik & co. we should get a few busted coverages each game.

Versatile TE's like Lynch and RB's like Moreno set up hurry up possibilities to lock in favorable personnel groupings. Scheme additions like more screens and pick plays will make things easier for Tannehill.

I don't think we are going to run on New England or win a lot outside, but I like how Lazor's offense matches up against them.

Defensively, We did about as well as we could last year given the bias of the refs in New England. I don't expect our defense to do as well against them this year. But, their receiving corps is still weak and either brittle or young, so Brady will not be clockwork, IMHO.

Sent from my phone, so please forgive any typos.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    Pretty sure people mean miami can't beat brady, for the division. Not just straight up. Brady can be beat, but not more than 5 or 6 times a year, sometimes less.
    I know. I am talking about the division also. The AFCE isnt the Pats by right. Its been there's for so long because the other 3 teams haven't been good enough. That's not cause the Pats wont let us get better. Its been because of our own failures in many football related aspects. They are and have been beatable, we just have failed in putting together a team good enough to doit fairly consistently.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Until proven otherwise, nope. BUF is a matchup nitemare. NYJ with half way decent qb play, will be a fight.

New England is sliding, the fall from dominance will be gradual. But this won't be the season of change in the East.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know. I am talking about the division also. The AFCE isnt the Pats by right. Its been there's for so long because the other 3 teams haven't been good enough. That's not cause the Pats wont let us get better. Its been because of our own failures in many football related aspects. They are and have been beatable, we just have failed in putting together a team good enough to doit fairly consistently.

Beatable and yet win 10+ year in and year out. You can discount what NE is, but your theory is based in homerism.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Beatable and yet win 10+ year in and year out. You can discount what NE is, but your theory is based in homerism.
    How can my theory be based in homerism? When im saying that it is our own fault for not building a team good enough to consistently beat them?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can my theory be based in homerism? When im saying that it is our own fault for not building a team good enough to consistently beat them?
    You act as if NE has been static over the past decade. Every team in the East is playing catch up to NE. And will continue to do so until Mr.Bundchen (sp) retires.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You act like it's just Brady you have to beat, sure QB's are important but Brady isn't going to be carrying this years team the way he had to last year. In fact it's going to be really difficult for anyone to move the ball through the air on the Patriots secondary this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Pats have had the benefit of playing in a mediocre division for a while now. They've had next to no competition for years. Put them in the NFCW and at best they're second fiddle and that's only cause Kaepernick is glorified RG3. I believe that we have a decent shot at the division with some luck that the bug dont hurt us too badly and our question marks get answered positively.
    Quote Quote