Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Another Day In The Pennitentary

1. -11
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewmant View Post
    Didn't feel as if you were fishing for a compliment, could definitely see how that would tick you off. I have been through something similar as far as witnessing cardiac failure, but it was my grandfather, not a criminal. It messed me up for quite a while mentally, put me in a bad place. Never really dealt with death that up close and personal before and I was pretty young when it happened. Pretty sure you have since you were and emt and a medic in the army but if at any point this situation starts gnawing at you, talking to somebody about it doesn't mean you're weak. I made that mistake. What kind of trouble are people getting into? don't even really have a guess and i'm pretty sure you can't go into much detail but I'm curious.
    From my understanding (Guess)....It's a question of when EMS was called, and by whom. I'm not in trouble, but my supervisor may be.
    I think that's really unfair, as I was right there, and I told the investigator what happened. I heard my supervisor call for EMS, but
    I think they put some ideas in his head. The state will bulldoze you if you're not careful.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Update; 6/21/14- I have to come in early to "Talk to the Major"...Hm. I've only put statements to paper for the State INspector General's Investigator,
    and for the official packet. I wonder where the SIR board is? Every offender death I've been associated with is followed by a quick
    follow-on SIR review.

Now, I have to talk to the Major?

Why?

You know those movies where the savvy point man *Senses* the ambush?
    I feel that right now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    GoonBoss I have been a correctional officer for almost 18 years and your right. This job does change you, for good and for bad. Don't know how Texas is but here in Iowa you have to always cover your ass. Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dablur View Post
    GoonBoss I have been a correctional officer for almost 18 years and your right. This job does change you, for good and for bad. Don't know how Texas is but here in Iowa you have to always cover your ass. Best of luck.
    Good on ya. I was just talking to a guy from Iowa that worked at a second job that I had, and he said it was very hard to get
    on there. Here, if you're not a felon, and you're breathing, you're pretty much in. It used to be we watched out for each other.
    Now, it's only small pockets of that. All the old school guys (Like you) are leaving, and the young ones are scared of getting in trouble.

Me? I've got two federal lawsuits pending against me. **** 'em.

-Update on OP. Talked to the Major today, I'm limited in what I could say, but maybe my "Trouble" radar went off too quickly.
    It seems like they are just trying to clarify what I thought from the beginning would need clarification, which was the timeline on
    the EMS. I think it's the warden trying to figgure out what's going on.

Here's a funny thing; As I was leaving, the major says "Hey, one thing that was funny...The Warden had his file from his last
    inmate death, and the first inmate death here (Last two deaths)....And he said to me; "There's one common thread in these deaths.....
    ....... [GoonBoss] ..... The Major was laughing as he said it.

*Rubs temples*

You know, I'm not afraid of ****. I'm really not. I'm too old to be afraid. I'm not afraid to be center stage in a crisis.
    I didn't kill those dudes. One hung himself, and, one didn't take his meds and died from almost 100% blockage. That's
    not my fault, and I'm going to do my upmost to ensure that, as an agent of the state, I do what I'm required to do to
    preserve their well being.

If the warden means it as a bad thing, well.....I don't know what to say. I've never been one to step away from a
    challenge, and at 46 and 3/4, I'm not likely to start soon.
    Quote Quote