Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

  1. -11
    Fin Fan in Cali's Avatar
    RIP Gary Moore

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    25,975
    vCash:
    1538
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
    Tell that to New England who have had plenty of undrafted lineman.

    Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,224
    vCash:
    13393
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
    Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Built2Win's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    2,939
    vCash:
    2796
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So now the dolphins season is now depending on a journeyman rookie center or some other backup that gets cut.
    I would not be surprised to see a trade.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    mnphinfan's Avatar
    Lifelong Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,448
    vCash:
    2626
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    1,134
    vCash:
    6115
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lmao at trades, where do you guys think were trading for a center?

    All teams go through injuries, yeah they suck, but it's a part of the game, hopefully it doesn't get out of control and someone steps up.

    Green Bay had 3 injuries I think on there oline fhe year they won the sb with philbin. Rogers got the crap eat out of him, but they won a sb. It's the NFL, you gotta find ways around this stuff.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Mudder1310's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2012
    Posts:
    1,875
    vCash:
    4559
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........
    Warren Moon may not be a great guy to compare here. His talent was never a doubt but no one was drafting a black QB.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    891
    vCash:
    2751
    Loc:
    in my house
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....


    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    MRojas4's Avatar
    The Cheese Connoisseur

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    3,839
    vCash:
    108
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by raving View Post
    The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....
    Pouncey best case scenario can start working out again after bye week. Say it takes him a good month to get back into game shape we are already at week 9...10?

    Pouncey will be back in time for the final few games to show teams he is back and healthy on a contract year.

    Then again, if the O-line is jelling and we are in playoff contention battle do you throw off that groove by plugging Pouncey back in Week 10?

    Also Pouncey will be placed on the short term PUP which if I'm not mistaken makes him intelligible to return prior to Week 8.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    27,205
    vCash:
    5697
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Play Larsen and see what happens. 7-9 or 8-8 is the Dolphins mantra with Pouncey so what do they have to lose?



    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    League Dominator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    4,872
    vCash:
    5322
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign a vet starter and move on.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins to evaluate plenty over last three games
    By Fin Fan in Cali in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 05:38 AM
  2. Miami Dolphins QB Series In House Options
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
  4. plenty of options now!
    By finfanatic13 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •