Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

1. -11
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
    Tell that to New England who have had plenty of undrafted lineman.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
    Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So now the dolphins season is now depending on a journeyman rookie center or some other backup that gets cut.
    I would not be surprised to see a trade.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lmao at trades, where do you guys think were trading for a center?

All teams go through injuries, yeah they suck, but it's a part of the game, hopefully it doesn't get out of control and someone steps up.

Green Bay had 3 injuries I think on there oline fhe year they won the sb with philbin. Rogers got the crap eat out of him, but they won a sb. It's the NFL, you gotta find ways around this stuff.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Arien Foster was an UDFA. He can't be that good. Neither can Kurt Warner. No way that chump could win a SB ring. Warren Moon, John Randle...........
    Warren Moon may not be a great guy to compare here. His talent was never a doubt but no one was drafting a black QB.
    Failure isn't fatal. Failure to change might be. - John Wooden
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in my house
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....

Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I think we will be able fo tell the severity of Pouncey's injury based on what the FO/coaching staff does to fill his position while he is injured. If they sign another center it would definitely point to him being out for an extensive amount of time where he will possibly be placed on the PUP. If they let the players currently on the roster battle for the spot to me that means he will either be back in time for the regular season or only miss a week or two. The moves made in the next week or so will be very telling.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by raving View Post
    The injury required surgery - unfortunately that puts Pouncey in the world of recovery - how fast his body recovers from the trauma of surgery is somewhat unknowable - sooooooooo......more likely the issue is how cohesive are the guys that the team puts together in training camp - who else shakes lose and becomes available - how is recovery going in August??? These are likely parts of the larger equation....
    Pouncey best case scenario can start working out again after bye week. Say it takes him a good month to get back into game shape we are already at week 9...10?

Pouncey will be back in time for the final few games to show teams he is back and healthy on a contract year.

Then again, if the O-line is jelling and we are in playoff contention battle do you throw off that groove by plugging Pouncey back in Week 10?

Also Pouncey will be placed on the short term PUP which if I'm not mistaken makes him intelligible to return prior to Week 8.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Play Larsen and see what happens. 7-9 or 8-8 is the Dolphins mantra with Pouncey so what do they have to lose?

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign a vet starter and move on.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote