Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nashville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Forget Pouncey... i'm tired of him already, BRING IT LARSEN!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are a few veterans available too. Wouldn't doubt Miami signing one of them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol to this story. Swing it any way you want to. This is a season altering injury.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    Warren Moon may not be a great guy to compare here. His talent was never a doubt but no one was drafting a black QB.
    Doug williams was drafted in 1st rd 1978 draft.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Garner is smart. Although physically under matched, he can identify a defense and call our blocking assignments, and that's all we are really asking for until Pouncey returns.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Pouncey best case scenario can start working out again after bye week. Say it takes him a good month to get back into game shape we are already at week 9...10?

Pouncey will be back in time for the final few games to show teams he is back and healthy on a contract year.

Then again, if the O-line is jelling and we are in playoff contention battle do you throw off that groove by plugging Pouncey back in Week 10?

Also Pouncey will be placed on the short term PUP which if I'm not mistaken makes him intelligible to return prior to Week 8.
    How do you figure best case scenario is he starts working out after the bye? We don't even know what the extent of the injury or the surgery was. I would say best case scenario is he had a minor clean up, ala Brandon Marshall, and is ready for opening weekend or misses a game or two. Worst case scenario, is he had the same surgery Percy Harvin had, which has the time line you are projecting, and he has to be put on the pup list.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    How do you figure best case scenario is he starts working out after the bye? We don't even know what the extent of the injury or the surgery was. I would say best case scenario is he had a minor clean up, ala Brandon Marshall, and is ready for opening weekend or misses a game or two. Worst case scenario, is he had the same surgery Percy Harvin had, which has the time line you are projecting, and he has to be put on the pup list.
    Correct me if I am wrong. But the news was Pouncey tore his labrum which EASY is a 3 month return. That would be return to workout and conditioning.

Toss in lets say another 2-3 weeks until he is back in shape and game ready? He is out until Week 9-10. Short term PUP candidate at that point.

Moreno on the other hand, had a small knee clean up and should be ready to go for camp.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Correct me if I am wrong. But the news was Pouncey tore his labrum which EASY is a 3 month return. That would be return to workout and conditioning.

Toss in lets say another 2-3 weeks until he is back in shape and game ready? He is out until Week 9-10. Short term PUP candidate at that point.

Moreno on the other hand, had a small knee clean up and should be ready to go for camp.

That's the news im hearing as well, a tear unfortunately, and not from just dirt bag Florio.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

Like I said before, who is reporting this? Because I haven't seen a single Miami beat writer say anything about it. Every report out this is based off of what ESPN has said the lead time would be...and who the hell do they have as an insider who knows what the surgery entailed and what the lead time of his return will be?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Like I said before, who is reporting this? Because I haven't seen a single Miami beat writer say anything about it. Every report out this is based off of what ESPN has said the lead time would be...and who the hell do they have as an insider who knows what the surgery entailed and what the lead time of his return will be?
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
    Keep in mind that after Mike Pouncey's hip heals he'll have to get himself back into playing shape. But Pouncey is a hard worker.
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
    RT @JonScharfman best case scenario pouncey misses 1-2 games?> talked to a player who had same injury. Said he'll miss first 4 weeks.

Adam Schefter
    Pouncey tore the labrum in his hip sometime during the Dolphins' offseason workouts. His absence will shake up a Miami offensive line that was transformed this offseason.

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
    Follow
    Mike Pouncey's surgery was a labrum repair, source says, which fits with the rough timeline of a few months.
    5:14 PM - 23 Jun 2014

Could be all form ESPN lead but would wager it was a tear. I do agree with you that the FO actions will allow us to read between the lines even more.
    Quote Quote