Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins have plenty in-house options at center

1. -31
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Larsen is the new Pat Devlin or Will Yeatman.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Analysts Discuss Dolphins O-Line Options
    “It is a different world and a different viewpoint from the center position, and a whole different level of responsibility,” said Sims. “Typically the center is the quarterback of the offensive line. He’ll make the line calls, he’ll make the shifts, he’ll figure out who the middle linebacker is, and all protections go off of that situation. It’s a huge responsibility. After all of that you have to do a clean snap to your quarterback, so it’s a huge deal that Mike Pouncey won’t be in there to start the season or the start of training camp.”
    “You’re not talking about replacing an average, non-mobile center,” said Sims. ”Mike Pouncey is arguably the most athletic center in the league at that position, so these are huge shoes to fill…They need to make this decision quickly, (his replacement) needs to get the maximum amount of reps.”
    Well, it takes years at times, but you don’t have that luxury,” said Dukes. “You’re going to have good and bad, it’s just going to take a minute. But at the same time I like where you’re positioned because you got rid of some guys that necessarily couldn’t play, you bring some young players in and they’re going to be working hard.”
    http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/201...o-line-options
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    The bottom line guys is that none of these options can do what Pouncy does. Like him or not he has always been able to pull or get down field to pick up blocks.
    i think the Fins will give everyone in house a shot but adding a vet like Samson Satele might also make sense if no one steps up.
    I think they know what Garner gives them there which is a serviceable snapper with limited athletic abilities who will do in a pinch.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Romano View Post
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
    Keep in mind that after Mike Pouncey's hip heals he'll have to get himself back into playing shape. But Pouncey is a hard worker.
    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly • Jun 24
    RT @JonScharfman best case scenario pouncey misses 1-2 games?> talked to a player who had same injury. Said he'll miss first 4 weeks.

Adam Schefter
    Pouncey tore the labrum in his hip sometime during the Dolphins' offseason workouts. His absence will shake up a Miami offensive line that was transformed this offseason.

Mike Garafolo ✔ @MikeGarafolo
    Follow
    Mike Pouncey's surgery was a labrum repair, source says, which fits with the rough timeline of a few months.
    5:14 PM - 23 Jun 2014

Could be all form ESPN lead but would wager it was a tear. I do agree with you that the FO actions will allow us to read between the lines even more.
    Like I said how can any of them be believed? The report was first made by ESPN. Then Omar and the rest of the beat writers/NFL pundits picked up on the story. Not the other way around. This is all based on hearsay from the original ESPN story. I'm not saying how invasive the surgery was one way or the other. But can we at least wait until seeing how the Fins handle his replacement over the next couple of weeks before declaring the season is over.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Labrum surgery from where it is being described is a brutal surgery and recovery.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Like I said how can any of them be believed? The report was first made by ESPN. Then Omar and the rest of the beat writers/NFL pundits picked up on the story. Not the other way around. This is all based on hearsay from the original ESPN story. I'm not saying how invasive the surgery was one way or the other. But can we at least wait until seeing how the Fins handle his replacement over the next couple of weeks before declaring the season is over.

Yes, never said the season was over.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    it would be great if he turned out as a good player. Even with those 50 starts and senior bowl every team in the league passed on him as a draft pick. Doesn't mean he cant be good , just means no team in the league really thinks he will.
    Agreed, but it wouldn't be the first time the NFL missed on a player who had a metric that didn't fit their prototype.

Zach Thomas was too short and small, Mark Clayton was too slow...not saying Tyler Larsen will definitely be the next one, but he did show well against the best this draft had to offer at the Senior Bowl and certainly has (like Juwan James) years playing the position at a high level.

I started this thread back in May and was really happy about getting this guy, with the Pouncey news it seems like it was meant to be.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Lol to this story. Swing it any way you want to. This is a season altering injury.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Perhaps....but every NFL season is about overcoming problems...rarely does a team stay perfectly healthy all year.

If one of these guys can hold it down until Pouncey gets back you never know.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Injuries happen every year. It's no different for Miami. Adapt to survive.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Tell that to New England who have had plenty of undrafted lineman.
    News flash, "MIAMI IS NOT NEW ENGLAND"
    Quote Quote