Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

1. -1
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

In a recent visit with NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk, Taylor talked about Jordan’s development.

“It was really his first year putting his hand in the dirt, being able to play defensive end from the dirt so in my little bit of experience working with him in the last few weeks, he’s a bright kid, he’s very very athletic, very talented, quick fast long can play with leverage,” Taylor said. “Coming off a shoulder injury last year he had a bit of a setback and didn’t have a chance to really come into camp and understand what he needed to do to get ready to play, but having a whole offseason healthy and being able to concentrate on football and learn some of the intricacies of the game, using his hands better and playing with better leverage and realizing you can’t just speed rush everybody in this league on every play. That’s one of the things I talked to him about. You have to come up with a counter move and use his length and his athleticism.

“He’s learning. He’s a young kid, he’s a sponge though. It’s great to work with someone like that, he’s a sponge and has unbelievable control of his body athletically and one of those guys where you can tell him what to do, show him what to do and he’ll translate that and do it himself so I look forward to watching him play this year, I think he’ll have a big year and hopefully I’ll get a chance to work with him in training camp and see his progression.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-dion-jordan/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree he has potential I just don't agree he has the potential that the third overall pick should have in the draft.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I agree he has potential I just don't agree he has the potential that the third overall pick should have in the draft.
    Get. Over it already. What's done is done. At the very least wait until he is an official bust to piss and moan about where he was picked.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well damn, I sure as hell hope there's potential in Jordan.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I'm sure you'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm happy to see Taylor wanting to help get guys like Jordan get up to his potential!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    The 2013 draft class got a lot of flak as being "awful" or a "waste". Now it appears the team might be getting a lot of help this season from that class. A lot of good things being said this offseason about Jordan, Taylor and Thomas.

Thomas and Taylor might be starters and Jordan figures to be part of a killer three man rotation at defensive end. Plus throw in Sturgis and the class might not be all that bad.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Well damn, I sure as hell hope there's potential in Jordan.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I'm sure you'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.
    Some people just like to piss in the cereal. Must be miserable to be like that
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Eh.... it's all relative.

3rd pick in last years draft would of been a late first in this years draft.

Many experts have already stated last years draft was BEYOND thin with elite prospects.

Jordan being one of maybe 5.

So the Fins jumped up and got a elite prospect instead of sitting back and getting a average player with their first round pick.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The 2013 draft class got a lot of flak as being "awful" or a "waste". Now it appears the team might be getting a lot of help this season from that class. A lot of good things being said this offseason about Jordan, Taylor and Thomas.

Thomas and Taylor might be starters and Jordan figures to be part of a killer three man rotation at defensive end. Plus throw in Sturgis and the class might not be all that bad.
    You left out Jelani Jenkins who has impressed early this year as well.

I see Jordan much like Taylor did...of course you want instant gratification from a 3rd overall pick that cost you two premium picks.

There were legitimate setbacks he suffered and yet he still made a gamewinning play as I recall and flashed lots of potential.

If he blossoms this year no one will remember last year or care.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But then again, how much difference in value was there between being taken third by us and 4th by Chip Kelly, the coach who knew him best who was sitting there certain of the pick - until blindsided by Ireland's kamikaze leapfrog in front of him. Obviously from overtures made recently, Chip still hasn't gotten over having Jordan snatched out of his hands.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote