Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

1. -51
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    a 2nd round pick and a player is a farly high initial offer
    depends on the player they offered, as far as i can remember it was brandon graham, i don't watch much eagles football but i've heard quite a few people say he is hot garbage fwiw
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a 2nd round pick and a player is a farly high initial offer
    not for the 3rd pick in the draft;. A late second and a first round bust is not a respectable offer.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    not for the 3rd pick in the draft;. A late second and a first round bust is not a respectable offer.
    Once again...all relative.

3rd pick in 2013 draft would of been a late first in 2014 draft.

If Jordan was in the 2014 draft he wouldn't of even sniffed Top 15
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

you're right.. it wasn't enough compensation for a player rated as highly as Jordan! And of course, nothing ventured, nothing gained.. like the 7th rounder that the Colts first offered Ireland for Vontae.

As a matter of fact their 26th pick which the Eagles used to take OLB Marcus Smith wouldn't have been enough for a player of Jordan's potential. To emphasize how foolish the Eagles were in not offering that pick up (which we still shouldn't have taken), the NFL had Smith projected as a 3rd to 4th rounder (which makes any complaint about overreaching for James just laughable). So to me it sounds like Kelly justifiably wanted Jordan but was shot down by Roseman and Gamble who showed their smarts by over-reaching 2 to 3 rounds! So much for the Eagles knowing what they're doing. Anyone who wouldn't rather spend a late first and a draft bust - or at least try for the potential of Jordan vs taking this guy really can't see the forest for the trees

snippet:
    Weaknesses
    Lacks ideal length -- plays short-armed and can be locked up by larger blockers. Short initial steps. Still crafting a wider array of counters and pass-rush moves. Still learning to convert speed to power. Work in progress as a run defender. Does not set a hard edge and can do a better job using his hands to disengage quicker. Needs to become a more violent hands fighter. Limited experience playing in reverse.
    Draft Projection
    Rounds 3-4
    Bottom Line
    A high school quarterback turned pass rusher who broke out with 14.5 sacks as a senior (1.12 sacks-per-game average led nation), Smith projects as a pass-rushing, 3-4 right outside linebacker in the pros. Should contribute initially on passing downs and has eventual starter potential as his game becomes more well-rounded.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ith?id=2543725

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And Hickey isn't as dumb as they thought
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And Hickey isn't as dumb as they thought
    I don't think any GM is that dumb. In his second year I don't think you could have got Vernon Ghoulston for that offer.
    If the first round was offered then it might have got interesting but even then they are offering a late first rounder for a guy we took number three overall just a year ago.
    I can think of no trades iun NFL history when a guy drafted that high was traded the next year for such a low offer.
    The Eagles had the opportunity to trade up and draft him in the initial draft but trading a 3rd round pick was too much to give up , they said that out of their own mouth.
    If the Eagles thought there was no chance that Jordan would be gone by their pick then they were pretty stupid esp since Oakland shopped that pick all over.
    teams were just as likely to trade up for Jordan as Johnson, probably more so.
    I have never said that many teams did not view Jordan as a top 10 pick, I said I would not have taken him in the top 10. If he had been there at our pick and all the other guys were still on board I would have passed him over at number 12.
    Not every teams draft board is the same. Many teams would not have drafted James where we did , proabably most teams but for some reason our front office thought he was worth the 19th pick, much like Hayden last year for the Raiders.
    Im pretty sure if we offered the Jets Michael egnew and our second round pick that would not have landed Dee Milliner this year. I said all along that after the top two players the next 13 to 15 were so close in rating or perceived talent it wasn't worth trading up.
    Quote Quote