Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

1. -21
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last time JT talked about someone like this he turned out to be Cameron Wake!!!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    Regardless of whether or not Chip was going to take Dion 4th overall doesn't change the fact that he was, across virtually all big boards, a top 5-10 candidate. Are you saying that a player who would've easily been "worth it" at 5-8, was not at 3? That's a tough argument to make....in addition, you earlier referenced to his "potential" not being worthy a #3 pick....it's pretty difficult to accurately project someone's ceiling when they're so raw coming into a new position after a should injury playing limited snaps....everyone has a right to their opinion, but I think it's a little too premature to be so negative. IMO.
    I didn't like Jordan at 12 for us.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Last time JT talked about someone like this he turned out to be Cameron Wake!!!
    And there's probably a few people who thought Cam Wake wouldn't turn into anything special either.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan1014 View Post
    And there's probably a few people who thought Cam Wake wouldn't turn into anything special either.
    Plenty of people thought John beck was going to be awesome same with Ted Ginn.
    Im sure Jets fans were quite happy when they drafted Vernon Ghoulston.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The 2013 draft class got a lot of flak as being "awful" or a "waste". Now it appears the team might be getting a lot of help this season from that class. A lot of good things being said this offseason about Jordan, Taylor and Thomas.

Thomas and Taylor might be starters and Jordan figures to be part of a killer three man rotation at defensive end. Plus throw in Sturgis and the class might not be all that bad.
    Thomas and Taylor!!! Seeing those names together bring back some fond memories....

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I didn't like Jordan at 12 for us.
    well at least you have conviction with your opinion. I myself am tempered with expectations for Dion because we are 100% playing him out of his natural position. I just hope he can at the very least put together some consistent pressure/sack production.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abNORMal View Post
    Thomas and Taylor!!! Seeing those names together bring back some fond memories....
    Yea two great players , two of the best dolphin players ever.
    Unfortunately both of those players are huge question marks

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

well at least you have conviction with your opinion. I myself am tempered with expectations for Dion because we are 100% playing him out of his natural position. I just hope he can at the very least put together some consistent pressure/sack production.
    I don't disagree he is out of position, I don't think he is some unbelievable prospect based on watching him in college but as a 3-4 linebacker he is a much better prospect
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Plenty of people thought John beck was going to be awesome same with Ted Ginn.
    Im sure Jets fans were quite happy when they drafted Vernon Ghoulston.
    That's good to know. I'm sure those same people eventually moved on and didn't keep harping on where those players were drafted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never get why people get so butthurt on a differing opinion. I don't begrudge anybody that likes Jordan as a prospect for us. My issue is the idiots that wont let someone have an opinion without some asinine comment about some make believe agenda. yes if you believe I have an anti dolphin agenda you are an illinformed
    If I wasn't a dolphin fan I would have the guts to say so. Im am quite critical of the dolphins and I feel I have every right to be. Wasn't implying you were acting that way if you must know. Im just trying to figure out how a fan of a team that has not had a winning season in half a decade and not much success in last decade doesn't have the right to be critical of his team and the people running it. If Im not mistaken I have supported Tannehill from day one and have never wavered while others cannot make up their mind , one day he is top 10 the next he is bust.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan1014 View Post
    That's good to know. I'm sure those same people eventually moved on and didn't keep harping on where those players were drafted.
    Moved on to what. What has happened to make my opinion change.
    Quote Quote