Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor sees potential in Jordan

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Well damn, I sure as hell hope there's potential in Jordan.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I'm sure you'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.
    yea because not liking a draft pick is exactly the same.
    Im sure u had no opinion at all when we drafted pat white
    How dare anyone criticize a team that hasn't won crap in years

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I think the Eagles believed the Dolphins didn't know what they had in Dion Jordan and tried to lowball. That's why they moved quickly after a disappointing rookie season. They knew it would be their best(and possibly only) chance to steal him away.
    they could have offered their first round pick if they wanted him that bad.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so dlockz, how do you invision Jordan's career ending, as far as what kind of player he ended up being? You see any probowls or do you just see a bust?
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Actually you're right, no one can be sure.. but with the obvious need for LTs coming off the board first, and Austin being billed as the next game-breaker, IMO it's pretty safe to say that: a)Chip would have grabbed Jordan at #4 and b)was surprised he was taken before Fisher and Austin, to name 2 of the other consensus top 10 picks which Jordan was.

Of course we can't be certain and will never know but frankly I'm even more confident that this was the scenario that occurred than you were that Brandon Gibson, who in '`12 led all receivers in 3rd down and TD conversion percentage was a worthless pickup because a bozo HC with 6 winning seasons in 18+years, including 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4 collaborating with an OC with 2 + * winning seasons out of 8 didn't make a strenuous effort to retain him.

But regardless, Jordan was a top 10 pick still greatly coveted by the coach who knew him best. And that;'s not speculation!
    So please tell me who predicts how every free agen and draft pick turns out with 100 percent or even 50 percent accuracy. I mean u bring up Brandon Gibson but I was spot on with ellerbee and wheeler.
    I mean Im sure u don't bring up to people that were proclaiming him Ellerbeast that their opinion is somehow less valid. There were plenty of rumors that the Eagles wanted Lane Johnson. I don't claim to know. I do know that Oakland floated that pick and Jordan was rated by most as a top 10 pick so they knew a team could grab him.
    Gibson played well but lets not act like the rest of the NFL who are paid to do this thought he was some awesome free agent. Gibson went on the market looking for 6 million a year and the most any team offered was 3 million a year. I never once said Gibson was a worthless pickup, I felt there were better pickups. Hell we had a GM with 1 winning season in 5 years that signed him so how is that any different. I also never disagree that Chip Kelly would like Jordan on his team. Almost any team that runs a 3-4 would be happy to have him on the team. Throwing second round picks to aquire him does not imply though that he is a must have player for them. If Kelly keeps his jobI feel Jordan will be an Eagle by next season but he wont be giving up a high first rounder to get him that's for sure.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    so dlockz, how do you invision Jordan's career ending, as far as what kind of player he ended up being? You see any probowls or do you just see a bust?
    I have never once said Jordan is a bust, I just think he will be a solid NFL player. He is not in a defense that suits his skills. I don't think he is the next coming of JT or even close.
    As for pro bowls you can never say. Its a popularity contest. Pouncey didn't deserve it last year but he was named. I think he will be a solid pass rusher, but always be weak against the run.
    I think he is a guy that will stay out of trouble, I don't see him as ever being one of the leagues best but in a 3-4 he might ascend to that type of player. Just because I don't like where a guy was picked or think he fits the defense doesn't mean he is worthless.
    When you are talking third pick in the draft I think that guy should become one of the best in the league. I did not like giving up a second round pick in last years draft to draft a guy that was basically the same talent as a guy I could take at 12.

I said last year that after the top two picks picks 3 - about 15 are so close in talent its not worth moving up and I stand by that.
    I don't see the career of Jordan being distinctly more successful than Jarvis Jones, Mingo or Answah.
    Star will be among the best at his position no doubt.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    I have to say I respect that question unlike all the butthurt feelings and personal attacks one gets because you disagree. I just don't get why people have such an issue with differing opinions.
    I don't go back and tell posters personally that you said Ginn was going to be unstoppable or that you said Beck was a better prospect than john beck.
    This post is all about Dion Jordan and our opinions on him. I mean is Jawan James a bad pick because the same coach liked Johnathon Martin?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    yea maybe I'm just an optimistic guy, and to be honest I don't watch a lot of "tape" on these kids before we draft em. I'd say it's premature because he hasn't had a lot of opportunity to contribute yet. you can speculate as to whether or not that was due to injury or lack of ability, but regardless you haven't seen much of him in a dolphins uniform. considering we just discussed his transition to a new position...his college performance won't be 100% representative of what he'll be doing here....call me crazy but yea most often I don't dislike picks until I get the chance to see them on the field
    everyone liked the injury excuse yet we played him on special teams so I don't totally buy into the injury excuse.
    Now I do accept that he was limited in the offseason and could have showed up stronger and can get better.
    When wake got hurt they played him a lot that game, maybe the most all year. The end result was the next week Shelby started over him. So they didn't trust him to start a week after he played a lot.
    A lot of rookies struggle but with Jordan if he gets one sack that's all some people tend to see and yet ignore the other 10 plays he is in on.
    Also nothing wrong with being optimistic. I think we went dumpster diving with our GM and got like our 5th choice but Im taking a wait and see before I start trashing him.
    I didn't like his draft and some free agents were questionable. I have spoke out on these but I will form an opinion over time.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I'm sure you'd find a way to complain about winning the lottery.
    Of course. When they say the Powerball is $100 million what they mean is that it is $100 million if you take it over 20 years at $5 million a year as an annuity. If you take it all as a lump sum you only get about half the advertised amount and then the freaking government takes about 35% of it. So your $100 million is actually worth much less than $50 million.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chip Kelly wanted Jordan. Opinions may differ, but I'm sold that he wanted him, was going to take him at 4, and continues to want him. Sure, start the negotiations low ... but the Eagles started them.

They thought we were trading up to get Lane Johnson ... the last of the 3 marquee players at our position of need, and the very best fit for our scheme. It also filled a glaring hole and would be building around our young franchise QB. It made a lot of sense!

The Eagles weren't fooled. We were fools. We failed to make the right moves and our season imploded and the guy who pulled the trigger, Ireland, was canned.

Dion Jordan is a long term excellent prospect. But he was RAW. With his shoulder he didn't get the time he needed with the coaches to refine his game. He was woefully undersized and had to learn a new position. All he could be last year was a situational pass rusher and special teamer. That's not surprising.

I think he will become a very good player. But, it will take time.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Last time JT talked about someone like this he turned out to be Cameron Wake!!!
    Glad to hear that JT thinks Olivier Vernon has the potential to play like Cam Wake.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    they could have offered their first round pick if they wanted him that bad.
    a 2nd round pick and a player is a farly high initial offer
    Quote Quote