Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby benefits from Cam Wake offseason program

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    hmmm...shelby with a better get off and ability to close could do damage...couldn't really close so far limiting the pass rush impact...will never have wakes gifts though
    In terms of style, Shelby reminds me of a poor-man's Michael Bennett.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im a little confused. He does realize that he cannot run with Wallace no matter how much of a stud he is lol. Wake never seems to say asinine stuff like a lot of other guys so you cant help but cheer for him.
    I got a thumbs down for this WTF lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    INteresting that Shelby has been considered for the speed package.
    Shelby already steady against the run and now an extra burst!
    Qb's will be panicking with the pressure of our DE's.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't wait for the 1-6 packages with Starks as the d-linemen and Wake, Vernon, Jordan, Shelby, Misi, and Ellerbe all playing linebacker.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wake is the man. Hopefully Shelby can step up even more this season.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always been very impressed with Shelby. He has quickness and some stoutness to him and does everything well honestly. But, what I like most about him is that he always seems to be in the right place doing the right thing. He knows his assignments cold and reacts instead of thinks or guessea.

He reminds me of the old Arnsparger players where the whole was more than the sum of its parts. Ad a player he kinda reminds me of a young Randy Starks but maybe with a tad less natural ability.

He is definitely one of our team's best kept secret. I'm just glad we are able to hang on to him another year. This guy is a player.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another reason Wake is in such great condition is his amazing diet. Very strict. Absolutely no junk food. Mostly veggies and fish. He says eating junk food gives you about 5 minutes of pleasure and 24 hours of suffering so he completely avoids it...off season and on.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gafin View Post
    No wonder Cam is in such good shape, running with the db's.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,6869071.story
    He's not literally running with them. He's training so that he can keep up with them on the field when the big guys are usually gassed.
    Joe Philbin says, "Jim Turner was a great coach. He made sure shoes were tied at all times and that no gum wrappers touched the field."
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    He's not literally running with them. He's training so that he can keep up with them on the field when the big guys are usually gassed.
    im pretty sure in one article I read last offseason, when cam told his trainer, he wanted to get faster and bigger, he said it kind of threw his trainer off..hard to get both.. but that it mentioned when it was time to run sprints that he ran sprints with the wr, cb's. no one is gonna take wake over Wallace in a sprint. but I think it pushes wake to try to hang with the speed players rather than just stay status quo at his position. would it push him more to just be happy beating out big paul (yes I know he's gone, but im talking about past) and randy, or would it push him to try to keep up with the wallaces, and grimes.

if Shelby follows wakes training, it should help him out on the field. give us another elite athlete. I really wish it was dion Jordan I was reading this article about though. in regards to junk food, I think I recall wake saying, that he has 40 years after football to eat all the hamburgers he wants. the crazy thing is, I think if we see wake 30 years from now that he's in dang near the same shape. last night for the nba draft I drank and grilled out for the first time in over a month. I felt completely miserable during and when I woke up. if Shelby embraces this lifestyle change its gonna be great for him and the fins
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe the only thing I liked about the Saban years was our 10 man Defensive Line rotation.

I remember a number of games where we simply wore OLs out. One game I really remember is one against the Lions. We had Carter and Roth rotating and coming off the left side with JT and (I can't think of his name) rotating and coming off the right side. Plus we had DTs rotating in who could clog the middle and rush the passer.

One reason I remember this one game was that the Lions kept having too or trying too make changes after the 1st qtr. They moved their RG out the RT after the RT had two false starts in a row. Then 2 plays later the RG now playing RT was beaten for a sack by Matt Roth.

Few teams have over 6 OL that can play. Using a "good to great" 10 man DL rotation can win the game for us in the 4th qtr. I have a strong feeling that we will be keeping more then a few OTs from having a good night's sleep the night before playing us.

Quote Quote