Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge

  1. -41
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,307
    vCash:
    5745
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    And nobody has signed him to this point because of his old salary cap figure? Makes perfect sense. Im pretty sure the salary cap wasn't the only reason.
    He was a solid player when he first got there but he has badly regressed. Still might be worthwhile to sign because guys like Garner or Brenner are really no better.
    Not even sure Smith is a better player
    I didn't say he hasn't signed with anyone because of his old salary cap figure.

    Colledge salary cap figure was not the only reason for his release. Like he said in an interview, the Cardinals wanted to go younger and cheaper.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I didn't say he hasn't signed with anyone because of his old salary cap figure.

    Colledge salary cap figure was not the only reason for his release. Like he said in an interview, the Cardinals wanted to go younger and cheaper.
    And possibly better . If Colledge was playing at a high level last year teams would have jumped on him once released. I mean why pay top shelf for a middle of the pack guard at best.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,511
    vCash:
    6395
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    And nobody has signed him to this point because of his old salary cap figure? Makes perfect sense. Im pretty sure the salary cap wasn't the only reason.
    He was a solid player when he first got there but he has badly regressed. Still might be worthwhile to sign because guys like Garner or Brenner are really no better.
    Not even sure Smith is a better player
    Last year, he gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits, and 19 hurries, with a bad run grade of -5.7. In 2012, he gave up 4- 3- and 14, with a run grade of -6.9. How is that badly regressing?

    Chances are he wants more than teams were willing to give before the draft. We shall see who comes back into the picture now.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,307
    vCash:
    5745
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    And possibly better . If Colledge was playing at a high level last year teams would have jumped on him once released. I mean why pay top shelf for a middle of the pack guard at best.
    Maybe maybe not. Travelle Wharton was, according to ProFootball Focus, a top 5 OG last season and he has yet to sign with anyone. Sometimes it's the teams and sometimes it's the player being the reason why someone remains unsigned. Many veterans would like to wait until training camp to sign a contract as to avoid OTAs and mini-camp.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Last year, he gave up 2 sacks, 8 hits, and 19 hurries, with a bad run grade of -5.7. In 2012, he gave up 4- 3- and 14, with a run grade of -6.9. How is that badly regressing?

    Chances are he wants more than teams were willing to give before the draft. We shall see who comes back into the picture now.
    Im speaking from his first year in Arizona and In which is was among the better guards in the run game. As for PFF grades I could care less esp since PFF said we had an average line last year.
    In 2011 he played well for Arizona over the past two years not so much. He had a visit back in may and still went unsigned and that was only one visit. If he signs it will be vet minimum
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Maybe maybe not. Travelle Wharton was, according to ProFootball Focus, a top 5 OG last season and he has yet to sign with anyone. Sometimes it's the teams and sometimes it's the player being the reason why someone remains unsigned. Many veterans would like to wait until training camp to sign a contract as to avoid OTAs and mini-camp.
    Wharton is contemplating retirement and hasn't took a visit yet. Colledge on the other hand has visited 3 teams and not had one contract offer
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Geforce's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    8,307
    vCash:
    5745
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Wharton is contemplating retirement and hasn't took a visit yet. Colledge on the other hand has visited 3 teams and not had one contract offer
    Which means what exactly? Like Southbeach2 said, maybe he wants more than what teams were willing to pay. Maybe he wants a chance to start and not be a backup.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,511
    vCash:
    6395
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im speaking from his first year in Arizona and In which is was among the better guards in the run game. As for PFF grades I could care less esp since PFF said we had an average line last year.
    In 2011 he played well for Arizona over the past two years not so much. He had a visit back in may and still went unsigned and that was only one visit. If he signs it will be vet minimum
    As you say, he was much better on the run in 2011 but, worse on the pass with 3 sacks, 4 hits, and 24 hurries. Did not know you were a big Colledge fan in watching his play the last 3 years or, are you basing that on something else?

    Are you a closet PFF fan? JK/LOL
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 06-29-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,843
    vCash:
    33876
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    As you say, he was much better on the run in 2011 but, worse on the pass with 3 sacks, 4 hits, and 24 hurries. Did not know you were a big Colledge fan in watching his play the last 3 years or, are you basing that on something else?
    I watch alor of football throughout the year using NFL rewind, which I much prefer to ripoffs like Sunday ticket which makes u channel surf during the games. Im just wondering do u ever base any opinion on a player off anything other than PFF. I don't think I have to be a College fan to give an honest opinion on him. That's all anybody on this board can actually do since none of us are professional scouts.

    ---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Which means what exactly? Like Southbeach2 said, maybe he wants more than what teams were willing to pay. Maybe he wants a chance to start and not be a backup.
    if he wants more than they are willing to pay, he still should have received a low ball offer from one of the three teams he has visited. News of contract offers isn't exactly a secret these days.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,511
    vCash:
    6395
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I watch alor of football throughout the year using NFL rewind, which I much prefer to ripoffs like Sunday ticket which makes u channel surf during the games. Im just wondering do u ever base any opinion on a player off anything other than PFF. I don't think I have to be a College fan to give an honest opinion on him. That's all anybody on this board can actually do since none of us are professional scouts.[COLOR="Silver"].
    I watch a Dolphins game, and see the good and bad in the heat of the moment. Then, talk to friends on their opinions, see the reports and opinions on this forum, which I sometimes dispute/debate. Then, I watch the game again, focusing mostly on the OL play, and assorted others. Then, I look up what PFF has to say, as they have watched every play of every player, which I have no time to do. I sometimes disagree but, defer to them as they have spent 10 times the time and effort as me to watch individual play. My opinions do change, as anyone's should with the more they learn.

    They do not watch the team, the O, the D, or how players have played together. They only grade and rank individual play, and are the best out there. I post what they have to say over my own opinion, unless I disagree, because they have much more info than myself.

    Some here believe they know more because they watch the games. How is that possible on individual play in watching the game, as opposed to over 10 hours of watching film? It's not, and I know of no one else who puts in that time and effort.

    On Colledge, he played over 3,000 snaps in the last 3 years. How many did you see?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Daryn Colledge Interest Per Rotoworld
    By natetherock in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM
  2. Dolphins meet with
    By dolfan91 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
  3. Meet the new Dolphins
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  4. meet the new dolphins
    By FORMER FIN1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •