Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I watch a Dolphins game, and see the good and bad in the heat of the moment. Then, talk to friends on their opinions, see the reports and opinions on this forum, which I sometimes dispute/debate. Then, I watch the game again, focusing mostly on the OL play, and assorted others. Then, I look up what PFF has to say, as they have watched every play of every player, which I have no time to do. I sometimes disagree but, defer to them as they have spent 10 times the time and effort as me to watch individual play. My opinions do change, as anyone's should with the more they learn.

They do not watch the team, the O, the D, or how players have played together. They only grade and rank individual play, and are the best out there. I post what they have to say over my own opinion, unless I disagree, because they have much more info than myself.

Some here believe they know more because they watch the games. How is that possible on individual play in watching the game, as opposed to over 10 hours of watching film? It's not, and I know of no one else who puts in that time and effort.

On Colledge, he played over 3,000 snaps in the last 3 years. How many did you see?
    If the guys at PFF were such experts at OL play then why have we basically replaced our whole oline which they thought was average last year. I have seen much on PFF like how Joque Bell is rated highed as a RB than Reggie Bush. or even better that he is a better back than Knowshawn Moreno or Legarrete Blount.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    If the guys at PFF were such experts at OL play then why have we basically replaced our whole oline which they thought was average last year. I have seen much on PFF like how Joque Bell is rated highed as a RB than Reggie Bush. or even better that he is a better back than Knowshawn Moreno or Legarrete Blount.
    As you well know, they had Miami at #16 on the pass but, #30 on the run, which overall is far from average.

Bell played very well, with a grade of +9.4 on the pass, 53 of 64 for 547 with 6 drops, and +4.9 on the run.

Blount had a +7.8 on the run but, a -0.3 on the pass, which everyone should agree with.

Moreno had a +7 on the pass, and a +4.2 on the run. Debatable, no time to dig deeper.

Bush was +1.9 on the pass, 54 of 76 for 506 with 10 drops, and +1.1 on the run.

Without getting into more time on the why's involved, have to think there are big questions on what you thought, and further facts. That happens with learning more, as does individual player evaluation.
    Quote Quote