Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Passrushers of the Apocalypse

  1. -1
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,284
    vCash:
    12730
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Passrushers of the Apocalypse

    To this point during this endless off-season, after FA, thedraft, and information from camp, it seems we have a lot to look forward to, aswell as the normal injury bad news to try to figure out we seem to be gettingeach year now.



    Losing Pouncey is going to hurt, especially if you considerhow our schedule begins this year, but there also so many things to lookforward too this coming preseason, that if most clicks right, and Miami get atleast someone serviceable at center, this team is going to be fun.



    As far as I am concerned, the way the DBs have been looking,Tannehill and Wallace finally starting to hookup, how the WRs are looking(Especially the one player that has me most excited to see…. Landry) , and evenMiller so far are things that have me very excited, but there is one group thathas me the most excited to watch this coming pre-season, and that would be theD-line.



    The D-line will needto prove themselves against the run, and hopefully by some miracle having Misiin the middle will help dramatically against the run, but this group this yearI believe are going to be a terror pass-rushing. Word out of camp is thatplayers like Wake is back to his unstoppable ways, Vernon is showing last year was far from afluke, Jordan finally healthy is getting nothing but rave reviews of peoplethat have watched him, and finally Shelby after working his butt off thisoff-season looks to be in the best shape he has ever been. This is a formidablegroup pass-rushing without doubt, but then you have to consider that in themiddle Miami will have, Starks, Maimibest all-around DT that has proven to be tough very disruptive in the middle, OdrickMiami most athletic pass-rushing DT, and Mitchell who also can be a pain pass-blocking.This is without speaking about Rookies like Fede and Johnsonwho have also been talked about pretty well in camp.



    This D-line I going to have to be better against the run, butagainst the pass, this group may be known as the passrushers of the Apocalypse very soon and Iam extremely excited to see how they do.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,543
    vCash:
    11639
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    To this point during this endless off-season, after FA, thedraft, and information from camp, it seems we have a lot to look forward to, aswell as the normal injury bad news to try to figure out we seem to be gettingeach year now.



    Losing Pouncey is going to hurt, especially if you considerhow our schedule begins this year, but there also so many things to lookforward too this coming preseason, that if most clicks right, and Miami get atleast someone serviceable at center, this team is going to be fun.



    As far as I am concerned, the way the DBs have been looking,Tannehill and Wallace finally starting to hookup, how the WRs are looking(Especially the one player that has me most excited to see…. Landry) , and evenMiller so far are things that have me very excited, but there is one group thathas me the most excited to watch this coming pre-season, and that would be theD-line.



    The D-line will needto prove themselves against the run, and hopefully by some miracle having Misiin the middle will help dramatically against the run, but this group this yearI believe are going to be a terror pass-rushing. Word out of camp is thatplayers like Wake is back to his unstoppable ways, Vernon is showing last year was far from afluke, Jordan finally healthy is getting nothing but rave reviews of peoplethat have watched him, and finally Shelby after working his butt off thisoff-season looks to be in the best shape he has ever been. This is a formidablegroup pass-rushing without doubt, but then you have to consider that in themiddle Miami will have, Starks, Maimibest all-around DT that has proven to be tough very disruptive in the middle, OdrickMiami most athletic pass-rushing DT, and Mitchell who also can be a pain pass-blocking.This is without speaking about Rookies like Fede and Johnsonwho have also been talked about pretty well in camp.



    This D-line I going to have to be better against the run, butagainst the pass, this group may be known as the passrushers of the Apocalypse very soon and Iam extremely excited to see how they do.
    In 2012, Wake was off the charts with 17 sacks, 23 hits, and 43 hurries on 553 chances. The other thing was him being great vs the run. If he is close to that, with the surrounding talent, this DL can be the best in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,759
    vCash:
    14363
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If our DBs play even average, our pass defense should be ridiculous. We should bring huge pressure without having to blitz. Remind me, doesn't Brady struggle against that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    cafinfan408's Avatar
    Punching Bag

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    3,552
    vCash:
    3491
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our line was good vs the run last year if you listen to the pff unit.. The linebackers cant hit a rb in a hole... Well they cant even find a whole


    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,543
    vCash:
    11639
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    Our line was good vs the run last year if you listen to the pff unit.. The linebackers cant hit a rb in a hole... Well they cant even find a whole
    There was a mix. Starks was great. Soliai and Shelby were VG. OV was above average but down from the year before with many more chances. Wake was average vs VG in 2012, and Jordan was average on limited chances.

    At LB, Misi was VG as always. Ellerbe and Wheeler were just horrible. At safety, Jones and Clemons had a big drop in run support.

    FWIW, Wheeler did bring good pressure on the QB, and was the only one other than the DL
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,284
    vCash:
    12730
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    If our DBs play even average, our pass defense should be ridiculous. We should bring huge pressure without having to blitz. Remind me, doesn't Brady struggle against that?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Ding Ding Ding...There you go, give the man a Cigar. We can only hope.
    Last edited by tay0365; 06-28-2014 at 12:32 PM.

    Have plenty of things to do in
    the off-season, but have to work in
    January during that pesky post-season, not
    a problem if you have the right QB.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,543
    vCash:
    11639
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Ding Ding Ding...There you go, give the man a Cigar. We an only hope.
    I cannot imagine any way this DL does not bring A FRAKIN TON of QB pressure. We did very well last year, and now have a healthy Wake, an improved OV. Jordan, Shelby, Odrick, and don't count out Mitchell to bring it more than Soliai. Can't wait to see tis group in action, and who better to feel their wrath than Brady on Opening Day.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,284
    vCash:
    12730
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    Our line was good vs the run last year if you listen to the pff unit.. The linebackers cant hit a rb in a hole... Well they cant even find a whole
    They weren't as good against the run as years past, maybe it's far more hope then reality on my part, but considering Misi the only one of the LB that an take on blockers, maybe moving him to M-LB will help against the run more. Problem last year was there were far to many tackles by our LB too far after the los.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,284
    vCash:
    12730
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I cannot imagine any way this DL does not bring A FRAKIN TON of QB pressure. We did very well last year, and now have a healthy Wake, an improved OV. Jordan, Shelby, Odrick, and don't count out Mitchell to bring it more than Soliai. Can't wait to see tis group in action, and who better to feel their wrath than Brady on Opening Day.
    If all goes well, Miami's Offense will be able to put more points on the board, and force teams to have to abandon the run and try to pass against us...That's the moment we as fans sit back and really enjoy.

    Hope our O-line can somewhat keep it together.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Albert Romano's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,764
    vCash:
    6772
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    If all goes well, Miami's Offense will be able to put more points on the board, and force teams to have to abandon the run and try to pass against us...That's the moment we as fans sit back and really enjoy.

    Hope our O-line can somewhat keep it together.
    We just have to put more points on the board per game IMO to make anything substantial happen. A tall task considering the condition and youth of the OL.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. Sign of the Apocalypse ...
    By Bumpus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. Apocalypse (Almost) Now
    By finataxia24 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
  4. 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:08 PM
  5. 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse
    By finataxia24 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •