Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I say it...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Can I say it...

Jarvis Landry is going to be our Anquan Boldin. You may call me crazy, but I am feeling it.
    Landry's college scouting report is accurate: He is not the biggest, fastest or most athletic receiver the Dolphins have. But he finds a way to perform in game situations with smarts, strong hands and other intangibles, which are all needed in Bill Lazor's new, up-tempo offense.

"I'll tell you what, you've got to be in shape for sure," Landry said of Miami's scheme. "I think we do a great job with conditioning. But there is never enough conditioning as far as when the game and emotions start getting involved. That can propel you forward. It’s one of those things that we just have to keep working at to be an efficient offense."

Landry also caught the attention of veterans during offseason workouts. No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace spent some time during organized team activities and minicamp getting reps with Landry.

“[He’s] nice. Jarvis, he can hang in the game,” Wallace said of the rookie. “He plays like a three, four-year vet already. He’s really smart, crafty. He’s a really good receiver. He’s going to be good for us.”

The three-way battle at slot receiver is still up for grabs. Landry is competing with veterans Brandon Gibson and Rishard Matthews for an important role in the offense. All three receivers made plays this offseason, and nothing has been determined at this stage.

Miami's slot receiver will be determined throughout training camp and during the preseason. Landry knows he has the most ground to make up since he's entering his first season. But he plans the make the most of "vacation season" in the NFL before training camps start in late July.

“It’s holding yourself accountable and knowing the things that you have to do that are required of you to play at a high level,” Landry said. “It’s not taking a month off and then coming back and expecting to be ready. It’s constant improvement and continuing to learn. But for me, I’ll be here with [quarterback] Ryan [Tannehill], trying to get things going.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphi...dry-has-a-plan
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can say it and I'll back you up.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I WANT to say it!!! I just wanna wait until he's played in some games that matter. I want him to be a perennial All-Pro. I just don't want to be broken hearted anymore!! LOL
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love my Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Davone Bess. That is a complement btw.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    Some of those catches were nasty! either that or Mettenburger is not very accurate.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me he's like a slicker Hines Ward. If Ward had the moves in and feel for the slot like Wes Welker, that's the potential I see in Landry. Boldin in his prime was much more dangerous after the catch than Ward or Landry. He wasn't fast, but he was dynamic with the ball in his hands, and he was bigger and stronger than Ward or Landry. Not a knock on Ward or Landry; Boldin's just uncommonly muscular for a WR. In this offense, with his skill set, given how badly Tannehill needed a guy like him, I think Landry's a good dark horse candidate for OROTY. And whether or not he puts up great numbers as a rookie, I think he'll have a great career in Miami. But if Tannehill can find him, Landry is going to murder in the slot.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Davone Bess. That is a complement btw.
    If he can put up Bess type numbers as a rookie that would be a success. If he's a little better than that he will be in the running for OROTY. And remember, Bess had like 800 yards with the rookie Tannehill who should be much better in his third year with better weapons and (hopefully) a better OC.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If he can put up Bess type numbers as a rookie that would be a success. If he's a little better than that he will be in the running for OROTY. And remember, Bess had like 800 yards with the rookie Tannehill, Tannehill should be much better in his third year with better weapons and a (hopefully) better OC.
    Agreed.
    Quote Quote