Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I say it...

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish I could get as excited as everyone else, because there is certainly a lot to like about the youngster, but I just can't see it. I think he is going to have real issues gaining seperation in the NFL. Hope I am wrong but watch the tape how easily college corners could bait him and close the gap with the ball in the air. I see him as a career slot, working the underneath but never being a threat to be a number 1. Maybe he can play some #2 in a pinch like Bess did for a year, but like Bess he will show up as being an easy cover on the edge. When I watch his tape I see Davone Bess without the quickness. I think he will be a good slot for years to come but not a very high ceiling.

Yeah yeah I know I hate the dolphins and am a troll and all that jazz, just giving my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I wish I could get as excited as everyone else, because there is certainly a lot to like about the youngster, but I just can't see it. I think he is going to have real issues gaining seperation in the NFL. Hope I am wrong but watch the tape how easily college corners could bait him and close the gap with the ball in the air. I see him as a career slot, working the underneath but never being a threat to be a number 1. Maybe he can play some #2 in a pinch like Bess did for a year, but like Bess he will show up as being an easy cover on the edge. When I watch his tape I see Davone Bess without the quickness. I think he will be a good slot for years to come but not a very high ceiling.

Yeah yeah I know I hate the dolphins and am a troll and all that jazz, just giving my opinion.
    Let's be real, Landry can do a lot more than Bess when it comes to pure football. Blocking, toughness, taking a hit, etc. He has more straight line speed than Bess did and is bigger/stronger. Future is bright and ceiling is high.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the comparisons but maybe we should pump the brakes just a tad. Dude hasn't even had a training camp in the NFL and you're comparing him to one of the better receivers in this league. Yes, I can see the similarities but I'd like to be at least a bit patient
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I agree that he's probably going to have to make some nice catches while covered and hopefully he can do that in the NFL.
    There's nothing wrong with giving your honest opinion even when it is not what people want to believe. I have said very little about Tannehill here because of the flack I may catch, and frankly I'm just tired of that conversation after having the same one many times in another corner of the Internet, with nothing interesting coming of it. So I guess I appreciate your honestly. What I will say is I think Landry is a good match for Tannehill so hopefully this combination works well for us and helps Tannehill take the next step..
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    orty
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV

You're an outstanding contributer to FH and certainly entitled to your opinion and not a "troll" but I think some folks are too hung up on a few hundredths of a second traveling 40 yards especially for a seam and mid range receiver cutting that differential in half on a 20 yard route. vis a vis:

Debunking the so-called “handicap” of Landry Running A “4.6”

His best time when healthy was 4.58. How does that compare to Kelvin Benjamin’s 4.61? And where was he drafted? Compare that to Mike Evans combine 40 yard dash of 4.53 and Marquis Lee 4.52. Hell even compare that Sammy Watkins and Odell Beckham’s 4.43’s.

Let’s put that into perspective.

Landry ran 40 yards in 5/100ths of a second slower than Mike Evans, 6/100ths of a second slower than Marquis Lee and it took him 15/100ths of a second more to cover 40 yards than it did Watkins or Beckham. Did I say 40 yards? Landry more slowly covering that distance would be the difference of 1/6th to 1/20th of a second!

Now maybe that counts in a horse race or foot race straight down the field, but when your bread and butter are slot and mid range receptions, you can take those 40 yard times and half them at best. So how much faster are the others in getting down the field in 20 yards or less? Answer: depending if they all get off the line, juke the defenders at relatively the same burst, then it’s a minuscule amount... Count “one mississippi” and you don’t even get through the “one” !

Now when you factor in Landry actually being the go-to guy on a high level SEC pro offense even though it also featured Beckham, that his work ethic and attitude are topnotch, that he has a knack to get free, fight for the ball and then make the extra yards, especially in a crunch, catching with his velcro hands, then really, how significant over an average 20 yard pass is 1/12th to 1/40th of a second, if at all?

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did this kid make it to the 2nd round?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's Larry fitzgerald in a smaller can
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watching him turn Brent Grimes around like a seasoned vet in that clip from the website leaves me feeling pretty confident that upgraded our WR core with this pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have said it since we drafted him....barring injury he will have a great pro career.

Too many amatuer evaluators(and some so called pro) get caught up in track 40 times and pay too little attention to the skills that make a receiver truly great.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote